Author Topic: Shoot Them, Shoot Them Now!!  (Read 1051 times)

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 759
  • Male Posts: 13,855
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
Shoot Them, Shoot Them Now!!
« on: Apr 13, 2008, 08:33:47 PM »
You see them everywhere, they're big they're black and they don't even belong there. What am I talking about? Ravens they are not naturally found it the deserts they are invaders brought in by us so they don't belong and they are killing desert tortoises everyday. So here's our governments plan if they see a raven preying on a desert tortoise they will kill it. How stupid is this plan? The answer is how often have you seen one attack a tortoise? Sure if you found a carcass of a tortoise you could pretty much determine how it died but who did it? I don't think that raven sitting on the Yucca tree is going to fill you in on the details. According to this article they are only going to kill those ravens they see killing and or eating a tortoise, and unless they will be out in mass I don't think there will be very many smoking guns out there, then there will be those that will refuse to kill them so I don't see this working very well. About the only way I see this problem being fixed is to shoot them on sight, in fact not only should they (BLM) have open season on them, everyone should be allowed to exterminate all of the ravens found in the deserts, they don't belong.

http://www.pe.com/localnews/inland/stories/PE_News_Local_D_ravens03.42259d4.html
Plan calls for killing ravens to save desert tortoise | Inland News | PE.com | Southern California News | News for Inland Southern California
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you