Author Topic: Stronger Enforcement For San Bernadino County  (Read 1804 times)

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 759
  • Male Posts: 13,855
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
Stronger Enforcement For San Bernadino County
« on: Mar 31, 2008, 09:01:45 AM »
San Bernadino County is funding better enforcement for offroading, it does get out of control here sometimes. I personally currently live in an area that rapant offroading occurs in non-designated areas. Yes it is a problem but it is an internal problem. What I mean by that is, it is not people coming here to recreate but it is the residents themselves that create this issue. I'm really wondering where these funds will be used, will it be in the towns and cities that are having these issues or as usual will it be in the legal areas that we love to play in?

I would love to see a running log of who it is that violates these rules and what areas they are of concentrating on, not in the OHV areas. I think we would find that it is the residents of the area infringing on other residents rights than those willing to go to designated OHV areas to recreate. I think that way we would prove that the careless people are your neighbors not those that follow the rules. For me that would state that it is the usual suspects and not others just stopping wherever they feel like it and start tearing up someones private property.

I witness this day in and day out, in fact my neighbor is guilty of this exact thing, his dirtbike is his daily driver and yes it is not street legal. I've already informed some of the deputies where the guy lives but is seems they are just too stupid to care. Every so often after he ditches them off in the desert they set up a sting for illegal offroading practically in front of his house. What do they think he can't see them sitting above the wash waiting for bikes to blast by them?

http://www.desertdispatch.com/news/ohv_2879___article.html/vehicle_enforcement.html
Top Story: Off-road vehicle enforcement gets a boost with grant funds | ohv, vehicle, enforcement : Desert Dispatch
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

94MtnYote

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 6
  • Member since Oct '07
  • - 94 std cab-
    • View Profile
Re: Stronger Enforcement For San Bernadino County
« Reply #1 on: Mar 31, 2008, 09:53:13 AM »
 It's just rude when people can't respect their neighbors property or public places. There's a great big world out there, however some folks can't seem to remember that little common decency goes along way.
 riding a dirtbike to work does sound fun though.   :gap:
22RE .30 over, mild cam, K&N, LCE header, 2.25'' pipe, high flow cat, Magnaflow.
 Marlin 1200LB clutch

no substitute for 4wheel drive.

Rocksurfer [OP]

• Momentum Man
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 759
  • Male Posts: 13,855
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
Re: Stronger Enforcement For San Bernadino County
« Reply #2 on: Mar 31, 2008, 06:46:52 PM »
He rides it down the street until the PD trys to catch him.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you