Author Topic: It's baaaaack!  (Read 3137 times)

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
It's baaaaack!
« on: Jan 28, 2008, 06:45:20 PM »
And I STILL don't have enough money to buy it :down:  Wonder if he'll trade me for the streetbike  :burnout:

http://chico.craigslist.org/car/553536591.html

I'd heard the word but didn't know the meaning until I showed this to my dad a while back, but..... mmmmmmmmm, patina!   :drool:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
Re: It's baaaaack!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28, 2008, 07:12:15 PM »
  Wonder if he'll trade me for the streetbike  :burnout:

or a broken ice cream maker!

Decent price and a nice truck.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jan 28, 2008, 07:21:53 PM »
Dang, and her I am without a broken ice cream maker :down:

Looks like the body mounts on the cab might need to be replaced, hopefully it's not rusty cab mounts!  I'd actually rather have a shortbed and automatic, but it's cool nonetheless, and with decent exhaust they sound even better with a manual tranny!  There's a guy who works for the county who drives his 70ish gmc sb 4by through the resort on occasion, manual tranny and it sounds soooooo frickin good!  I talked to the guy a while back and he says he has another one he's restoring also.  Poor guy :therethere:  It's amazing how much these things sell for in good shape :yikes: 
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jan 28, 2008, 07:26:56 PM »
thats cruel Nate.  I now hate you for teasing me with that truck  :gap:

I will own one of those some day!
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jan 28, 2008, 07:46:05 PM »
So will I, I just don't like the way I was told I was going to get it :shudder:
RIP KYOTA

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jan 28, 2008, 07:48:51 PM »
I'm hoping he'll send me the fullsize version of the pics, cause I can't tell if it's a 1/2, 3/4 or 1 ton.  I wouldn't necessarily care which it was, but atleast the 3/4 should come with the monster eaton rear axle.  Not good for clearance, but they're supposed to be pretty tough even thought they don't have very fine spline axles.
RIP KYOTA

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jan 28, 2008, 07:48:56 PM »
they jsut did a segment on trucks or something about making a shortbed out of one of those
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

Ramrod

• smelling like vag and loving it
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -59
  • Male Posts: 3,600
  • Member since Jan '05
  • fully bodied & Fully getting it
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jan 28, 2008, 07:51:28 PM »
how much would a 4x4 jimmy of that era clean inside and out with a 4" lift go for?  I might know where one is haha

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jan 28, 2008, 07:52:46 PM »
how much would a 4x4 jimmy of that era clean inside and out with a 4" lift go for?  I might know where one is haha

a lot... those 69-94 jimmy's were teh best, had stout gear and had a fulltop convertable
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

Ramrod

• Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jan 28, 2008, 08:19:53 PM »
ya it has no dents and the paint isnt even faded I think I can get it for $1000

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Jan 28, 2008, 08:59:08 PM »
Jump on it!  Those are money makers just like the trucks.  I want one of them nearly as bad as I want the truck!
RIP KYOTA

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Turtle Points: 138
  • Male Posts: 4,844
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #11 on: Jan 28, 2008, 09:00:36 PM »
I'm hoping he'll send me the fullsize version of the pics, cause I can't tell if it's a 1/2, 3/4 or 1 ton.  I wouldn't necessarily care which it was, but atleast the 3/4 should come with the monster eaton rear axle.  Not good for clearance, but they're supposed to be pretty tough even thought they don't have very fine spline axles.
:headscratch: you mean the HO-52/HO-72?

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Jan 28, 2008, 10:46:19 PM »
Good question :dunno:  I'd ask stocker what's under the back of his 72 chevy 3/4 ton 4by, but I'm not sure if he knows exactly which one it has either.  Maybe I'll try and get him to post up a pic of his, it's mostly stock with 33s and 3" front springs, but it looks to sit pretty much like the one in this ad too. 
RIP KYOTA

Ramrod

• Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Jan 29, 2008, 06:28:12 AM »
I was thinking about getting that jimmy just as an investment and possible summer cruiser but dont have anywhere to put it really

Stocker

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 962
  • Male Posts: 173
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Since 1977
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Jan 29, 2008, 04:30:32 PM »
:headscratch: you mean the HO-52/HO-72?
Yup, that's the one...  pretty sure the HO-52 is for 3/4 tons, HO-72 is one-ton trucks.  I'd hafta research it but I think the only difference is the axles (or maybe just the brakes?) -- the punkins are the same.  btw the tallest ratio you'll find is 4:10, then there's 4:56 and lower, I think maybe 5:38...  So yeah Nate, mine's HO-52.  btw if any of you guys runs across an Eaton with a posi, snag it!!  They are quite hard to find.

Wish I had a need for that Craigslist truck; if it's as clean as it looks in the pics, that's a good deal, esp. if it's a 3/4 ton.  My truck's a '72 but I really like the hood/front end on '67-'68s.  Hmmmm, wonder why it hasn't sold yet?
My goal in life is to be as a good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

If you don't learn something every day, you're not paying attention.

Stocker

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Since 1977
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Jan 29, 2008, 04:37:38 PM »
  Maybe I'll try and get him to post up a pic of his, it's mostly stock with 33s and 3" front springs, but it looks to sit pretty much like the one in this ad too. 
All I can do on short notice is my avatar from the other board...  lemme know if it shows up or if it's just a red X.  Aside from this try, I'd hafta get Liz (daughter) to help me 'cause I'm too dumb about computers... 

Stocker

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Since 1977
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Jan 29, 2008, 06:37:45 PM »
So will I, I just don't like the way I was told I was going to get it :shudder:
Wait...  what?  Less than pristine?   :headscratch:  Or is "free" a problem?    :therethere:

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Jan 29, 2008, 06:45:51 PM »
No man, remember when you told me I'd get the truck when you died? 
RIP KYOTA

Stocker

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Since 1977
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Jan 29, 2008, 07:01:17 PM »
Oh!!  Actually, no, I had forgotten about that....  we'll have to arrange something a little sooner.

Wait, I do remember -- but I didn't mean you couldn't have it until I died, I meant that if I died, you could have it.  Hmmmm, I guess there is a fine line of possible confusion here!    :willynilly:

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Jan 29, 2008, 07:46:43 PM »
Well, that and I'm kinda slow 
RIP KYOTA

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Turtle Points: 138
  • Male Posts: 4,844
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #20 on: Jan 29, 2008, 07:50:45 PM »
:imwithstupid: