Author Topic: Who should I Vote For?  (Read 8047 times)

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
Re: Who should I Vote For?
« Reply #60 on: Jan 10, 2008, 10:23:27 PM »
  No one...not nobody, not no how...feels exactly about everything, the way I do. The same goes for each of us, we all winnow the sound bites and campaign slogans to find a message that speaks not only to us…but for us.
  Candling the role of government by the 10th amendment reveals, to me, just how far overboard, how pervasive the federal government has become. This is the text of that amendment:

"The Powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

I’m not the brightest bulb in the lamp…but that seems almost too clear. If we read the Constitution, and I hope you have or will, the power, scope and authority of the central government is very well delineated and most importantly…very limited.
  While I can see a case being made for the federal government to own land designated for military bases as needed, I would prefer a lease type arrangement between the individual states and the federal government for those bases. I see no authority for the central government to own any other land.
  Here in Arizona and throughout much of the west the federal government owns vast tracts of land and limits my access to that land. If the federal government was actually restricted to its mandated role, the day to day operation of those lands would be in the hands of the individual states…and thus, on an operational level, closer to…We the People. The closer “we” are to our elected representatives, the more control “we” can exert over them.
  I am a Conservative…and I share one fault with all, or most, other conservatives, we are not, by our very nature joiners, cheerleaders…activists. We would prefer, in a perfect world, to have as little to do with government as possible. We want to be left alone and we want to leave others alone. I am trying to change that…in my life. I have attended rallies to support a secure border, I write my Senators and Representatives every week…it makes me angry that I can’t trust my elected representatives to…represent me in my best interest. Everyone, every week…put off watching Desperate Housewives and please write your congressional representatives…State and Federal. Ride them like a cheap horse, let them know how you feel. Remember they work for us and they serve at our pleasure.

Was this a rant or what?
« Last Edit: Jan 10, 2008, 10:32:58 PM by abnormaltoy »
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

Toymin8r

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 50
  • Male Posts: 929
  • Member since Dec '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Jan 11, 2008, 06:21:05 AM »
UPDATE!   Number 10 on my prevouisly posted list, an organization called the Wilderness Society has anti ORV stuff on their front page  http://www.wilderness.org

I did some more research and discovered that a a lot more money, literally millions of dollars is being donated to campaigns under the private names of some of the people who work for and/or run the organizations on this list, as well as the organizations who are advocating land closures all over the country.  The details were too numerous to list but the pattern is the same.  I did not do the math but if I added all of the numbers for what I was able to find I'd bet the top 20 recipient list would remain the same.  Most of the list is made up of Senators and Congressman in the area's of interest, (California, Colorado, Utah, etc) but the top 2 are presidential candidates.

I guess they do this to disguise the fact that their not for profit organizations are promoting certain candidates.
YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T MOVE
AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE DUCT TAPE.

IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU HAVE AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.

BeccaLoo24 – i can toss grown men.... so dont doubt me

Toymin8r

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Dec '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Jan 11, 2008, 06:26:16 AM »
  No one...not nobody, not no how...feels exactly about everything, the way I do. The same goes for each of us, we all winnow the sound bites and campaign slogans to find a message that speaks not only to us…but for us.
  Candling the role of government by the 10th amendment reveals, to me, just how far overboard, how pervasive the federal government has become. This is the text of that amendment:

"The Powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

I’m not the brightest bulb in the lamp…but that seems almost too clear. If we read the Constitution, and I hope you have or will, the power, scope and authority of the central government is very well delineated and most importantly…very limited.
  While I can see a case being made for the federal government to own land designated for military bases as needed, I would prefer a lease type arrangement between the individual states and the federal government for those bases. I see no authority for the central government to own any other land.
  Here in Arizona and throughout much of the west the federal government owns vast tracts of land and limits my access to that land. If the federal government was actually restricted to its mandated role, the day to day operation of those lands would be in the hands of the individual states…and thus, on an operational level, closer to…We the People. The closer “we” are to our elected representatives, the more control “we” can exert over them.
  I am a Conservative…and I share one fault with all, or most, other conservatives, we are not, by our very nature joiners, cheerleaders…activists. We would prefer, in a perfect world, to have as little to do with government as possible. We want to be left alone and we want to leave others alone. I am trying to change that…in my life. I have attended rallies to support a secure border, I write my Senators and Representatives every week…it makes me angry that I can’t trust my elected representatives to…represent me in my best interest. Everyone, every week…put off watching Desperate Housewives and please write your congressional representatives…State and Federal. Ride them like a cheap horse, let them know how you feel. Remember they work for us and they serve at our pleasure.

Was this a rant or what?

AMEN BROTHER!  :bowdown:

Gewehr43

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -5
  • Male Posts: 348
  • Member since Jan '04
  • Toyota>>Jeep
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: Jan 11, 2008, 08:09:34 AM »
1. Mike Huckabee
2. Ron Paul

McCain has a bad record on 2nd amendment issues

http://gunowners.org/pres08/

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Jan 11, 2008, 08:13:31 AM »
1. Mike Huckabee
2. Ron Paul

McCain has a bad record on 2nd amendment issues

http://gunowners.org/pres08/

mccain has  a bad record on everything...except getting under the enemy's desk.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

Toymin8r

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Dec '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Jan 11, 2008, 09:29:10 AM »