Author Topic: NorCal Eldorado National Forest TRAILS ALERT ***URGENT***  (Read 23867 times)

cougarfreak

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 176
  • Member since Jun '05
  • Cruise Moab '06 Kane Creek
    • View Profile
    • cougarfreakphoto.com
Excelent, Black Dog!!!!  The more tha marria!!!!  And actually there are several clubs there:  Toyota Rocks, Trailbusters, Cliffhangers, and I think there's another called the Dixon Crawlers.  I'll introduce you to some members there.
I don't care if you laugh with me or at me, just laugh!!!

'97 4Runner, SAS'ed, cstm cougarfreak exo n traction bar,  YJ rears military wrapped w/ waggy main in front, Chevy 63's rear, King res. shocks & air bumps, Detroit locked D60 35sp chromo rear, '81 Waggy front D44 , chromo n superjoints, 35" BFG mud KM, Marlin 2.28 dual, twinned

http://www.cougarfreakphoto.com/index.php?ShowPage=4Runner

cougarfreak

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Jun '05
    • View Profile
    • cougarfreakphoto.com
I'm curious about a universal letter.  We should gather and come up with one to raise our chances of having the most letters put in by Sept. as possible.  The less work the masses need to do the more likely they are of sending something in.  I think one thing we all need to know is how do we "be specific" about trails we want on the map?  Are they looking for trail name, road # (if there is one designated to every trail), GPS coordinates...  Has anyone asked this question yet?  I'll ask tonite in Concord and post here if it gets answered.  This would be key to having any chance of getting trails put back on the map.

'97 4Runner, SAS'ed, cstm cougarfreak exo n traction bar,  YJ rears military wrapped w/ waggy main in front, Chevy 63's rear, King res. shocks & air bumps, Detroit locked D60 35sp chromo rear, '81 Waggy front D44 , chromo n superjoints, 35" BFG mud KM, Marlin 2.28 dual, twinned

cougarfreak

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Jun '05
    • View Profile
    • cougarfreakphoto.com
WITH THE FS UNDER COURT ORDER, WE HAVE UNTIL SEPTEMBER 4TH TO GET IN OUR COMMENTS IN ON ELDO!!!!! :eek: We need to get ahold of all Forest maps and look at routes in other forests as well.

You can find the route numbers for Eldorado NF under app.F Alt.D routes and cross reference them to map 12 here:
http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/eldorado/projects/...eis/index.shtml

A similar form to the one below can be sent to any of the National Forests whose addresses can be found on their respective web sites.  All of California's National forests are listed here: 
http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/forests.html

for Eldorado Forest: PRINT THIS OUT, FILL IT OUT, AND SEND IT IN!!!!

« Last Edit: Aug 09, 2007, 09:03:26 AM by cougarfreak »

cougarfreak

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Jun '05
    • View Profile
    • cougarfreakphoto.com
I was misinformed abot the entire state being under the Sept 4th court order.  This is not true.  Eldo NF is the only one under said court order.  the other NF's are in various stages of the DEIS process and most are due to have their plans completed by '08.  I appologize for this misinformation and have adjusted the above post accordingly. 

on another note, A motorcycle friend of mine says the program is flawed for us (4x4 folk) in Eldo because the time to have spoke up for desired trails was last year when they were drafting up the maps, not now that the maps are already made. He (Motorcycle friend) says he and several from his trail riding group attended several meetings last year to help create the maps and talk about their favorite riding spots and are only loosing 1 trail on this new map "Alt. D  . I'd like to think we're organized enough to make a big impact, but this is a big ball to have been dropped  . The fire we went to last month's meetings with SHOULD HAVE BEEN harnessed last year when our requests would have counted and they were designing the maps. Am I missing something here? It seems to me that we (Cal 4Wheel members, Blue Ribbon Coalition members, at least) should have received a heads up to this trail planning a year ago when we could have made a difference (not that we didn't in last few weeks). I caught wind of these meetings from the Pirate4x4 board. Kudos to all who attended the meetings over the last few months, but I think we as wheelers need to be able to rely on those who have their fingers in the political arena to keep us apprised of the goings on in our backyards... and get more involved in the political arenas ourselves. I'll be the first to admit when I'm wrong, and I'd love to prove my motorcyclist friend wrong, but I get the feeling he's right. THAT'S NOT TO SAY WE SHOULD GIVE UP!!!!!   Can somebody clarify for me, please?

cougarfreak

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Jun '05
    • View Profile
    • cougarfreakphoto.com
If you weren't already aware, the Eldorado National Forest is taking away hundreds of miles of YOUR trails.  Come on out on Sunday August 26th and let them know that this is not acceptable.  Details here:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?p=7108570#post7108570

4runna4me

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 13
  • Member since May '08
    • View Profile
important stuff this is i like drivin and not bein bound by pavement

MiniSimp

• Outdoor Enthusiast
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 5,120
  • Member since Jan '05
  • SimpsonBrothers.net
    • View Profile
    • Simpson Brothers Photography

toyotaman27

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Male Posts: 1
  • Member since May '08
    • View Profile
   Hey guys I live in Eastern Nevada and regret not being able to attend the meetings. Although I do hunt and fish in california I also spend much of my summer in the ElDarado national forest. I have been crawling on the rubicon for about three years now and love the hell out of it. I will be sending letters to the BLM and Forest Service. Im only ninteen years old and im in charge of the North Eastern Division of the NDF (Nevada Division of Forestry). My input and opinion on this matter will be very powerful because the Nevada and California groups work very closely together. I will do my best to put a stop to this madness or at least help. Thanks Guys, we will win if we can all pull our heads together and fight as one.

Slolyfe

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: -117
  • Male Posts: 2,048
  • Member since Aug '07
  • Heyo
    • View Profile
It'll be Pleasant Hill. :yesnod:

This is close for me. Im in!!!
You'll never take me alive

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 138
  • Male Posts: 4,844
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
This is close for me. Im in!!!
this is from last year.

Slolyfe

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: -117
  • Male Posts: 2,048
  • Member since Aug '07
  • Heyo
    • View Profile
this is from last year.

hahaha you know how many times i do stuff like this!!! you think I would learn to read a date! Three days ago I responded to a Memorial day moon rock thread from 2006. Oh well......
You'll never take me alive

DontStall Rockcrwl

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 90
  • Member since Aug '03
    • View Profile
PRINT AND HAND OUT ASAP!!!!
You have all gotta be jealous how close i live to the 'Con

itsatoy

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since Aug '20
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
The rights of the people shall not be diminished or denied without due process !!!!!!!!!!!  :_order: :tantrum: