Author Topic: Sign of the times (runs off to buy a locking gas cap)  (Read 4091 times)

NT-OUTBACK

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -2
  • Male Posts: 139
  • Member since Feb '07
    • View Profile
Sign of the times (runs off to buy a locking gas cap)
« on: Jun 09, 2007, 09:02:41 AM »
Sometimes I wish Susanville would stop dumping their convicts here.

Guy gets finger stuck in gas nozzle opening.  Fire department has to cut vehicle up to free him.

I also think they should have cut his finger off instead.

http://www.redding.com/news/2007/jun/09/vengeful-tank-traps-man/

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
Sometimes I wish Susanville would stop dumping their convicts here.

Guy gets finger stuck in gas nozzle opening.  Fire department has to cut vehicle up to free him.

I also think they should have cut his finger off instead.

http://www.redding.com/news/2007/jun/09/vengeful-tank-traps-man/

Talk about being caught with your hand in the cookie jar!

The more I think about this...I wonder what recourse the owner of the truck has? Obviously the idiot stealing gas doesn't have the wherewithal to pay for rebuilding the truck, the fire Dept. shouldn't be liable...but, probably will be.
« Last Edit: Jun 09, 2007, 09:21:47 AM by abnormaltoy »
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
"Those who appreciate trucks could not help but cringe as a reciprocating saw was used to take out a big chunk of the expensive vehicle in a step that was necessary to eventually help free Gugin. It wasn't pretty"

No, those who pay for their own vehicles with their hard earned money cringed!  I don't care how expensive the truck was, it's the fact that guy A works for a living and decides to buy himself a new truck and boat, then guy B drags his scraggly ass off the couch after a 3 day binge, drives to what he believes is a secluded spot and tries to steal guy A's petroleum distilate.  The fire dept should have promptly cut large holes in guy B's gas cans before freeing him then shoved his car down the boat ramp just far enough to submerge the engine, hit the starter a few times, pulled it back to the parking lot then freed his hand via finger removal. 

I just wonder if the guy would have been crying louder over his finger being lopped or his engine being hydrolocked :haha:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
I would be very pissed at the fire dept if it were my truck too.  I wouldn't be able to understand why they didn't make the guy wait for me, the truck owner, to return and let me make the decision whether or not they cut up my truck.  I'm pretty sure a few punches to the kidneys and some kicks to the nuts would have had his finger free without cutting the truck!
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
"Those who appreciate trucks could not help but cringe as a reciprocating saw was used to take out a big chunk of the expensive vehicle in a step that was necessary to eventually help free Gugin. It wasn't pretty"

No, those who pay for their own vehicles with their hard earned money cringed!  I don't care how expensive the truck was, it's the fact that guy A works for a living and decides to buy himself a new truck and boat, then guy B drags his scraggly ass off the couch after a 3 day binge, drives to what he believes is a secluded spot and tries to steal guy A's petroleum distilate.  The fire dept should have promptly cut large holes in guy B's gas cans before freeing him then shoved his car down the boat ramp just far enough to submerge the engine, hit the starter a few times, pulled it back to the parking lot then freed his hand via finger removal. 

I just wonder if the guy would have been crying louder over his finger being lopped or his engine being hydrolocked :haha:

There you go acting like you're a responsible, productive member of society. Don't you know this guy had every right to the gas in the other guy's truck...just cause he wanted it?

I would've driven off with his finger in the "trap"...you know, it was an emergency and He had to get to the hospital.

I bet he sues Ford for making a dangerous truck. I'm not saying he'll win, but I bet he brings suit.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
It's california, if he sues he'll win and probably be able to take down the truck owner for not having a locking cap!  After all, he wouldn't have got his finger stuck if the irresponsible truck owner had a locking cap!  I bet that truck owner sure feels foolish now :thumbs:
RIP KYOTA

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
It's california, if he sues he'll win and probably be able to take down the truck owner for not having a locking cap!  After all, he wouldn't have got his finger stuck if the irresponsible truck owner had a locking cap!  I bet that truck owner sure feels foolish now :thumbs:

Truck owners are soooo irresponsible...oh, I guess I'd better get a  locking gas cap!

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 199
  • Male Posts: 1,616
  • Member since Jan '05
  • irish redhead texan, interesting combo
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
if i was the owner of the truck and got there before the hole was cut, i would have refused to let the fire fighters damage the truck.
read and comment :whip:

USAF EOD tech

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
if i was the owner of the truck and got there before the hole was cut, i would have refused to let the fire fighters damage the truck.

I don't know how that would work, but I'd give it a try. Maybe you could get him to post a bond before the carnage began. BUT, if I got there before fire and rescue...he's be in a world of hurt.

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Start truck, stand on brake, floor it and drop the brake.  Finger's either coming out or off, either way he could continue on his way!
RIP KYOTA

emsvitil

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 7571
  • Male Posts: 3,561
  • Member since May '07
    • View Profile
    • emsvitil's album
    • Buy me a soda
Why didn't they just remove the fill pipe?????????
I quess the fire company loves to use their toys.......
Ed
SoCal
86 SR5 XtraCab
22RE  W56B
31x10.50R15

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
You KNOW they do!  I wonder how long it took em to show up, they're maybe a mile down the road.
RIP KYOTA

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
:headshake: 

I'm all for cutting off the guys finger :yesnod:  he can go on to live a completely productive life after rehabilitation with 9 fingers. 

Actually, I think that would have been to easy.  I think they should have just had a coupla firefighters give his legs a good yank!  Something would have given  :yesnod:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

fordh8r

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 850
  • Male Posts: 2,588
  • Member since Jan '07
  • when my toyota grows up it'll be just like my chevy!
    • View Profile
Heck, if the truck had to get ruined it woulda been on my terms. Just come at the stupid F'er with a lighter and some gas, poor the gas on him and see how stuck his finger really is.  :yikes: I'll bet a few flicks of the lighter and you'll see his finger wasn't that stuck.   :slap: :rofl2:  :yesnod:

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
:headshake: 

I'm all for cutting off the guys finger :yesnod:  he can go on to live a completely productive life after rehabilitation with 9 fingers. 

Actually, I think that would have been to easy.  I think they should have just had a coupla firefighters give his legs a good yank!  Something would have given  :yesnod:

:rofl: That would have been justice, only problem is the guy that owns the truck would have had a finger floating around inside his tank.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you