Author Topic: Stolen (5/22) 1985 Tan 4Runner in Berkeley, CA (Bay Area) $500 REWARD!!  (Read 4287 times)

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2124
  • Male Posts: 18,289
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
We received a letter in the mail regarding this 4Runner Stolen from the Staff Parking Lot of Berkeley Adult School on Tuesday, May 22nd, 2007.

Here is the original text from the enclosed document:

Hi,

I'm sending you this flyer hoping that you will post it and aid me in recovering my recently stolen 1985 4Runner. I know that the odds of getting it back are pretty slim, but I'm very attached to this truck after putting a lot of money, work and dreams into it. I bought it about four years ago with a blown motor and Larry Kitahara (Yodaman of Santa Rosa) rebuilt the 22RE and has since installed a new 5 speed with Inchworm t-case. I recently added the BGF AT 33.9.50 tires. Other than upgrading the bumpers, adding a little more life, a rack, and enhancing the seating I wasn't going to improve it a whole lot more because I planned on using it primarily as a camping/light-weight wheeling vehicle. I've got an old FJ40 I'm trying to build with the assistance of Gary Kardum (Mudrak of Sonoma) for more serious use.

The truck is obviously worth a lot more parted out (or driven intact by the bold or reckless as the theft has obviously been reported to the police) than the reward money, but I'm hoping that someone with information will come forward. If I get it back intact I'd probable be willing to double the reward which will stretch me pretty thin as I earn my living as a high school teacher. But as I said, I have a lot of dreams invested in this truck. The independence afforded by a four wheel drive vehicle represents freedom to me. This sounds kind of corny to anyone who doesn't share these sentiments, but I think other 4WD owners know what I'm talking about. To be driving along a road and see a tail and just decide on the spur of the moment to go for it, or to drive way off into the back country to do some camping, are the rewards that make my life more enjoyable.

If you have any information, please contact me:
Dan Reamon
(510) 847-1354 Cell
(510) 215-5934 Home
danielreamon@comcast.net

anyone who helps me will have my eternal gratitude.

Thanks,
(signed Dan Reamon)

Here is a flyer that I have put up in our front office with a picture of the 4Runner. Good luck Dan.

BigMike
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
Wow :headshake: I'll keep my eyes open in Sac... and I'll be in Livermore this weekend so I'll be :eye: out there.  I hope he gets it back.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

fatt_matt

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -3
  • Male Posts: 545
  • Member since Mar '07
  • jeeps and toys can get along
    • View Profile
i'll keep an eye out...   beautiful rig...

wow.. soo close to home... i've only had cars broken into.. not actaully taken..
Jeep

bigarms23

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 111
  • Male Posts: 2,896
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
I thought I saw that 4runner in mountain view a month ago It was parked in th frys electromics parking lot. but i dont know if it is still there hope this will help
88 4runner 92 cpi duals 37 radial rockers and 4.8 coming soon

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
Thats a pretty unique looking truck, shouldnt be difficult to spot should I see it. I will keep my eyes peeled in the grass valley/auburn/colfax areas, also heading up to Donner for the WE Rock I will scope it out up there too.
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
ill keep an eye out around here....
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~