Author Topic: Info on 07 Burban  (Read 6303 times)

jimbo74

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
Info on 07 Burban
« on: May 22, 2007, 06:05:57 PM »
Ok, my woman wants a 2007 Suburban.... we went and looked at soem and she fell in love!!!!! she doesnt liek the caddy esv though

she wants seating for 9 people, 3 benches, and wants black leather, black exterior black dash -- basically black inside and out

wants all the power options windows, doors

wants factory dvd player in the overhead console for the kids in back

wants a factory sunroof....

prices we saw were 53ish  :shocking: but we couldnt find the 3 bench seats at the dealer we went to, was told we would probably have to custom order that because people want the capt chairs up front with te console and capt in the back....

i saw lt and ltz models... whats available? etc.... whats dealer price on these things? the guy said he owns the dealership and knows of my girls boss, so --- he would let us have it for jsut a little over invoice

opinions, comments?

:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

MiniSimp

• Outdoor Enthusiast
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 5,120
  • Member since Jan '05
  • SimpsonBrothers.net
    • View Profile
    • Simpson Brothers Photography
Re: Info on 07 Burban
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 06:12:40 PM »
opinions, comments?
I think that is retarded. No wait.....yes, retarded, why would you pay $53G's for something that gets 9mpg at best? Probably has a 26 gallon tank x $3.45 a gallon =  $89.70 for 234 miles twice a week = $9328.80 a year just in gas!

retarded.

See you at the gas station!

Buy a hybrid minivan!

Just my opinion though :twocents:

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 07:08:28 PM »
And they're butt ugly too :gap:   

I really don't like them, and their fuel economy is going to suck.

chevy's link

http://www.chevrolet.com/suburban/
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

jimbo74 [OP]

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 07:12:48 PM »
And they're butt ugly too :gap:  

I really don't like them, and their fuel economy is going to suck.

chevy's link

http://www.chevrolet.com/suburban/

i dotn really care too much for the looks, but its not that bad..... i think all new cars are pretty much ugly..... haha, i liked the caddy better though.....

for gas ratings the guy said there was something about it oeprationg on less cylinders at a crusie, i have heard of this before on gms, but didnt now if this was implemented yet or what they put it on... epa ratings are 15 city, 21 highway ---- on par with everything else in its category.... ford and dodge jsut dont have naything that size to compete, she has a 02 durango now, and lieks it, but it doesnt have a third row, and she wnats that. and if it had a 3rd row, it would not have any storage space in the back... jsut liek a tahoe, or navi, or expedition or anything else... the new durango is ugly as hell

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

Shoyrtt

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 1,294
  • Member since Feb '05
  • VH Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 10:49:32 PM »
53K for the Chevy is a little high. A friend of mine just picked up an 07 GMC Denali for that price. IMO the Denali looks better than the Chevy and has the bigger motor for towing.  :twocents:
JOIN THE BLUE RIBBON COALITION!

http://www.sharetrails.org/

jimbo74 [OP]

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2007, 10:54:55 PM »
not worried about the towing really, or the bigger motor, this is the girls car.. i wont be driving it.. more $ saved on gas in her pocket is more money in mine.....

53k is what they had listed for one of the higher levels we saw when we were there, the ltz? i think it was....

i tried looking it up on their website, and for some reason, suburban isnt in their list?

~ John F. Kennedy ~

alwayzbroken

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 603
  • Male Posts: 1,905
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007, 11:43:41 PM »
Tell your woman she needs a Prius
If you still have control you aren't going fast enough

jimbo74 [OP]

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2007, 11:54:47 PM »
Tell your woman she needs a Prius

yeah thats not going to happen... haha, she makes the big bucks, so she can get whatever she wants.... lol

im just helping her find info on them.... personally i would go with a chevy, but i wouldnt say no to riding in one either....

also been looking @ the yukon xl, denali xl as well as the burban.... i actually liek the yukon xl better, cheaper and i think it looks better... but we will see

an issue i have found is that she wants leather and seating for 9 people, 3.3.3 however i have not seen a front leather bench, just front leather buckets and 2 and 3 row benches

is it possible to get a leather bench for the front? aftermarket?

these aer all things im looking up now....

~ John F. Kennedy ~

Shoyrtt

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Feb '05
  • VH Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2007, 05:59:07 AM »
So the criteria is big but gets good milage and towing isn't an issue (even though we are in the "tow rig" forum). :rofl2:

I haven't seen a bench seat for up front. My guess is it isn't offered as a factory option for liability reasons or costs (no airbag). :dunno:

None of the car based mini vans seat 9 that I know of. :dunno:

The only vehicle that I can think of is one of the big vans. The Chevy/GMC Express or the Dodge Sprinter. The Sprinter comes standard with a 6 cylinder diesel that gets good milage, but they are fugly IMO. :twocents:

« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 06:04:47 AM by Shoyrtt »

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2007, 02:45:50 PM »
Why does she want seating for 9 anyway?  :dunno:  thats a lot of people.  I don't know why I didn't catch that before, but like Shoyrtt said, I haven't seen the front bench for a long time, other than in pickups.  :dunno:

This may be just heresay, but I thought they were restricting sales of the sprinter to commercial groups only?  Didn't want them sold for private purposes?  (forgot who told me that, think it was something to do with the size/shape, as well as it being a deisel for some reason :dunno: )  Anyone else heard this? 

*Edit*  Nevermind, I did some research.  It seems that they are focused as a business/commercial vehicle, but are available for public sale :thumbs:

Jimbo, if she wants to be able to haul that many people, and get any where close to decent gas mileage, buy her a diesel

or mabye try to find a deisel excursion?  :dunno:  they only stopped making them a few years ago, so you can prolly find a pretty nice one still

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

-Ronald Reagan

jimbo74 [OP]

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2007, 02:54:53 PM »
the lower trim models of burban, yukon xl have bench seats in the front, but they are clotch... seems liek going leather is what will get you front buckets with a huge consol

she isnt worried about gas mileage... the suburban and oterhs is supposed to get 15-21 nad she is happy with that....

~ John F. Kennedy ~

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2007, 03:01:43 PM »

she isnt worried about gas mileage... the suburban and oterhs is supposed to get 15-21 nad she is happy with that....

but they don't. It is really hard to reach the EPA estimates for gas mileage.  This is actually something that is being addressed, and changes are occuring right now, because the EPA was getting complaints that no consumers were actually reaching the mileage levels quoted

-Ronald Reagan

jimbo74 [OP]

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2007, 03:20:35 PM »

but they don't. It is really hard to reach the EPA estimates for gas mileage.  This is actually something that is being addressed, and changes are occuring right now, because the EPA was getting complaints that no consumers were actually reaching the mileage levels quoted

eh its not that bad.... a friend of mine with an older yukon xl said she gets that mileage, and they had bigger less efficient engines then.....

~ John F. Kennedy ~

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2007, 03:24:32 PM »

eh its not that bad.... a friend of mine with an older yukon xl said she gets that mileage, and they had bigger less efficient engines then.....

Its simple fact that the EPA is changing their procedures, because they're not real world accurate. 
http://www.epa.gov/fueleconomy/420f06069.htm

As for your friend's gas milage, -I find that hard to believe, but ok :dunno: 

None of the vehicles myself or my family has ever owned, new or used, has ever met the EPA standards  My dad can come close in his '03 Tahoe, but that is with some all out gas saving ideas.  He does long coasts up to stop signs, pops it in neutral whenever possible, kills the engine when waiting at long lights, the whole bit.  its only when he does this that he can even come close. 

-Ronald Reagan

Shoyrtt

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Feb '05
  • VH Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2007, 03:30:59 PM »
If price is no object, check out this Becker Jet conversion to the MB/Sprinter. :king:
http://www.beckerautodesign.com/jetvan_video.html

Shoyrtt

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Feb '05
  • VH Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2007, 12:27:47 PM »
I know I said the MB/Sprinter vans are fugly, but wife now likes the idea of 28 to 30 MPG with seating for nine. I did some more web surfing, and the van might be the way to go. :dunno:

SACD_Runner

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 217
  • Member since Mar '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Jun 09, 2007, 02:48:09 AM »
this seems rediculous. Who needs seating for nine when at 50+k you can buy two cars. damn theirs your nine. You've pretty much answered your own questions. GM doesn't make an 07 front leather bench and you Won't get 15-21 mpg any time. so buy a sprinter like shown and call it a day or quit debating over a stupid topic to begin with. hello its a tow rig thread!
Starting from scratch again...

Hottrod81

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -2
  • Male Posts: 1,392
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Full Trucker Effect
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Jun 11, 2007, 03:51:08 PM »
I think that is retarded. No wait.....yes, retarded, why would you pay $53G's for something that gets 9mpg at best? Probably has a 26 gallon tank x $3.45 a gallon =  $89.70 for 234 miles twice a week = $9328.80 a year just in gas!

retarded.

See you at the gas station!

Buy a hybrid minivan!

Just my opinion though :twocents:

Where do you get 9 mpg?  I have many family members that have them and they get around 14mpg with the 5.3L V8.  Not the greatest, but also not 9 mpg. 

If that is what she wants and you can afford, get it.

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Jun 11, 2007, 04:02:37 PM »
why the eff do u need seating for 9? do u have 7 kids? .... just buy a new 4 runner and send me the extra 30 grand  ::)
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

southernoffroader

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Male Posts: 31
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Jun 18, 2007, 05:50:21 PM »
Wow guys there's a lot of venom here and for what, you might not need a vehicle that seats 8-9 people?? A lot of people do and the Sub is the only choice on the market, the Sprinter is not even a viable option it's frickin huge and no 4x4 :thumbdown:. My wife's 97 2500 4x4 454 4.10 gear with 285/75/16 SSR's gets almost 14mpg at 70 mph not to bad considering what it is and it will tow well over 10k lbs. The other thing is I need a vehicle this big for my 3 kids to ride in safely. 2 of them are in car seats and the oldest is too young to sit up front. I know what your thinking just put all 3 on one rear bench but you can't do it safely, if I were to get in an accident the 2 car seats could move around enough to hurt my oldest kid. I don't know about you but I will gladly work a little extra overtime to pay for the extra gas for my family to be safe. Lets lighten up a bit, loose the retard this and that, and :beerchug:

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1088
  • Male Posts: 9,756
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Jun 19, 2007, 06:40:02 PM »

Holy crap, where'd you find a pic of a short bus from trinity country??? 
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

guywithuglyyota

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 212
  • Male Posts: 810
  • Member since Jul '04
  • F-22 Crew Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Jun 19, 2007, 08:09:07 PM »
I think Chevy makes the least appealing product on the market these days. I have yet to meet anyone who likes the looks of the new 1500 series. There is a reason they are in financial trouble. Have her spring for a Sequoia.

I do understand that the new normality is to trade a car in before it even has a chance to give you reliability issues, but quality is quality.

If she has the bucks then spring for the Lexus LX 470...now thats class.    :twocents:
Comedy is the last refuge of the nonconformist mind.

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Jun 20, 2007, 04:51:43 PM »
Holy crap, where'd you find a pic of a short bus from trinity country??? 

Just did a search on yahoo, cause I was at work, but I've got one on my comp too, that I took :yesnod:

-Ronald Reagan

te51levin

• Offline Rock Master
  • Male Posts: 130
  • Member since Jan '07
  • Grumpy, but pretty good at it
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Jun 21, 2007, 12:02:13 AM »
why the eff do u need seating for 9? do u have 7 kids?

Wondering this myself.  But then, I also wonder why lady-types and urban dwellers (also spoiled frat boys), who tackle nothing more technical than a Costco parking lot, all feel compelled to drive tipply 4x4s...at 493 miles per hour...two feet off the rear bumper the unfortunate b*std caught in the path of her crash-seeking missile...with a phone in the ear.

I can't imagine needing or wanting a vehicle like this, but, for my own curiousity, what's the appeal?

I was raised on GM, but anything newer than Dad's '72 K20 (dibs claimed years ago by kneedownnate) seems to be an openly and shamelessly shoddy product.  Resale value agrees with that impression.  Employee-price sales and huge rebates are an admission by the manufacturer that these vehicles are not worth anything near their asking prices.  It all comes down to quality...or lack thereof.  They're built to a price point, not to a quality level, and that's why I dig Toyotas instead.  They cost more on the day you buy them, but less to own over the long haul.

te51levin

• Offline Rock Master
  • Male Posts: 130
  • Member since Jan '07
  • Grumpy, but pretty good at it
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Jun 21, 2007, 12:03:18 AM »
Just did a search on yahoo, cause I was at work, but I've got one on my comp too, that I took :yesnod:

...in Trinity County?

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1088
  • Male Posts: 9,756
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Jun 21, 2007, 12:28:47 AM »
I was raised on GM, but anything newer than Dad's '72 K20 (dibs claimed years ago by kneedownnate)

:yesnod:  some of my earliest memories are telling dad the truck would be mine when I got old enough to drive :haha:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Jun 21, 2007, 04:05:59 PM »
...in Trinity County?

:headscratch:  I think so.  Its been a while.

-Ronald Reagan

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 199
  • Male Posts: 1,616
  • Member since Jan '05
  • irish redhead texan, interesting combo
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #27 on: Jul 10, 2007, 01:37:02 PM »
if she still wants a suburban and would like some better fuel economy there is a company that does duramax swaps into suburbans. a front bench seat in leather would have to be a custom job, dealer does not offer that anymore.
read and comment :whip:

USAF EOD tech

weirdtimes_7

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Male Posts: 1,032
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Jul 12, 2007, 10:56:00 AM »
Jimbo - get what your girl desires.. if she want's a hug 07 Suburban... and ya'll can afford it... then i would say to go for it.. i can't give you much of any info on them, but i can say to do what make's her happy..

military_stang
:respect:

fordh8r

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 850
  • Male Posts: 2,588
  • Member since Jan '07
  • when my toyota grows up it'll be just like my chevy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Jul 12, 2007, 01:01:53 PM »
To each his own if you have the means. $$$

I....we....my wife (that's better) has an '05 tahoe with the 5.3l and we get easily between 15 and as much as 19 if we're easy on it. We love it. Only one major problem since we've owned it in two yrs.

As far as the variable displacement technology goes, I don't think it works like they planned. It's hasn't had any problems that I'm aware of but it doesn't get improved mileage over the older engines like it was supposed to.

If you're afraid to pay for gas in this thing then don't buy it. But if you're considering one of these without the concern of cost of operation then by all means get it. You don't own a vehicle like this for cost effective reasons. Anyone with a fullsize truck or SUV who depends on that vehicle knows exactly what I mean. But if you're locked in to the comfort of low cost vehicles you could never appreciate such a vehicle.

My old fullsize get 9MPG and I don't care. It fits my needs for when I need it. But do I complain? No. I love my truck too much to care. A new one would cost me far more than my '78 does to own until it's paid for, so why bother. It would be many years before a new truck compares in cost of ownership and operation to what I have now.