Author Topic: Toyota powered MG!  (Read 6113 times)

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
Toyota powered MG!
« on: May 01, 2007, 06:37:53 PM »
One of my buddies owns this car and my bestest friend built most of it. He told me there is a problem with one of the fruel pumps, so it's only got like 20lbs. of boost. It should be able to run about 30lbs and get about 700 to the rear wheels soon.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=V5566x5wohU

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_2q0_Y9k3vg&mode=related&search=

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RJqQBzsWEeg&mode=related&search=
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

79coyotefrg

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
Re: Toyota powered MG!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 06:45:00 PM »
HOLY COW MAN  :burnout:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 06:47:51 PM »
sweet!
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

abnormaltoy [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007, 06:48:30 PM »
Steve, the guy who owns the car, has has an old Triumph with a turbo sbc in it, this same car started out with a turbo rotary in it...Steve's a little weird!
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 759
  • Male Posts: 13,855
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2007, 08:27:21 PM »
Smmmmmoked 'em.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1088
  • Male Posts: 9,756
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2007, 08:53:00 PM »
Can those of us on dialup just get a pic :gap:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2007, 08:59:00 PM »
A picture won't do, you have to watch the video because it is funny to watch the other guy doing a burnout to heat his tires like he's some big drag racer while the MG just sits there idling until he drops the hammer and blows the doors off the guy.

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2007, 09:06:53 PM »
Ok here's the start.....

abnormaltoy [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2007, 09:32:41 PM »
Ok here's the start.....

I don't know how he did it or if it would be any better, but Big Mike linked up some youtube stuff up here the other day and it would play in the thread.

That video was made up in Phx. Sean and Steve went up there "trolling for suckers"!

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2007, 09:39:39 PM »
I thought it was just hilarious watching the Mustang doing a burnout while the MG just sat there at an idle and the other guy backs up into position like he's some sort of serious dragster and your buddy looked like he got tired of waiting, backed up to him to get lined up and then smacked him around.

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2007, 09:42:10 PM »
Alright, I took the 45 minutes to let the first vid load up and it was nearly worth it, though the last few seconds were definately where the show was!
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

abnormaltoy [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2007, 09:47:19 PM »
I thought it was just hilarious watching the Mustang doing a burnout while the MG just sat there at an idle and the other guy backs up into position like he's some sort of serious dragster and your buddy looked like he got tired of waiting, backed up to him to get lined up and then smacked him around.

Uh...it's a GTO. No matter, he was soundly thrashed!

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

abnormaltoy [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2007, 09:48:45 PM »
Alright, I took the 45 minutes to let the first vid load up and it was nearly worth it, though the last few seconds were definately where the show was!

45 minutes! Hell, you had time to go to the outhouse and chop some wood for the A/C unit. Y'all got phones there yet?

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2007, 09:53:19 PM »
Is them those can things wut wif a string runnin betwix em?  :headscratch:
RIP KYOTA

abnormaltoy [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2007, 09:55:10 PM »
Is them those can things wut wif a string runnin betwix em?  :headscratch:

Nope, them are string bean cans...Elmer.

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2007, 09:59:15 PM »

Uh...it's a GTO. No matter, he was soundly thrashed!

Mustang, GTO, Magnum who cares he got stomped!

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2007, 10:07:45 PM »
Nope, them are string bean cans...Elmer.

We don't got no fancy "string" beans in these parts, just the kinds that gives ya the farts...
RIP KYOTA

abnormaltoy [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2007, 10:21:43 PM »
Ah, the simple pleasures of the lowly Pinto! 

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)