Author Topic: Date Flat OHV area Run on Sunday May 6th (Groveland/Sonora area) PICS ARE UP  (Read 11026 times)

86turboyota

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 1,079
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Doing a little run at date flat OHV area on next sunday... the 6th in the morning, prolly starting at like 9 or so.  Its a fairly short trail... 2 hours start to finish at a decent pace... so far we've got my runner and 2 jeeps,  trail difficulty is moderate with a few hard areas that have bipasses, so even a stock truck can do the trail.  Please do join us, its not the hardest trail but still a lot of fun.   The trail is located in outside of greely hill off of dog town road... if theres any interest ill post up some directions.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 09:21:39 AM by 86turboyota »
My Build 1986 4runner SAS 36s etc
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=22625.0

"Later, I learned that even though I engage 4WD my hubs are not automatically locking? Something about manual locking hubs I think. What's manual mean? I need to read a manual to lock them? lol  So I found these neat autolocking hubs and installed them. Sometimes they dont stay locked while I am backing up, but that's fine because I dont have a backup camera to see where Im going (like our RV) so I just simply dont ever back up"- BigMike

86turboyota [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile

"Later, I learned that even though I engage 4WD my hubs are not automatically locking? Something about manual locking hubs I think. What's manual mean? I need to read a manual to lock them? lol  So I found these neat autolocking hubs and installed them. Sometimes they dont stay locked while I am backing up, but that's fine because I dont have a backup camera to see where Im going (like our RV) so I just simply dont ever back up"- BigMike

*** YELLER ***

• BIGMIKE SAID I WAS A CLOWN SO .... GUESS THATS THAT
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 314
  • Male Posts: 4,686
  • Member since Oct '05
  • USMC NO BETTER FRIEND NO WORSE ENEMY
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
where is that, im in sonora and never herd of it tell me more

:usa: :beerwhack:
MY ONLY REGRET IS THAT I HAVE NOTHING USEFUL TO OFFER THIS FORUM  :moon:
except BACON

86turboyota [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
its outside of groveland in greely hill, off of dogtown road, fairly small area with a lot of dirt bike trails a couple truck trails, forest service OHV area

86turboyota [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Turtle Points: 138
  • Male Posts: 4,844
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
aargh! I'd love to go, I can do a sunday run, but not on saturday! 

86turboyota [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
hmm... ill talk to my friends and see if we can change it to sunday.. or maybe both days :)

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
 :clap2: That'd be sick mang!

86turboyota [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
at this point its a definate maybe about sunday.. if it is sunday it needs to be earlier in the day, probably meet around 10ish so that we can be off the trail no later than 3 (cause im going to the motherlode round up queen comp to watch my friend hopefully win it..)

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
at this point its a definate maybe about sunday.. if it is sunday it needs to be earlier in the day, probably meet around 10ish so that we can be off the trail no later than 3 (cause im going to the motherlode round up queen comp to watch my friend hopefully win it..)

that's cool; im alright with a firm maybe...what's the motherlode roundup queen thingy?

86turboyota [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
if your familier with Rodeo Queen competitions and what not.. saturday is the horsemanship and sunday night they announce the winner, and my good friend is one of the contestants.. so  we have our fingers crossed for her.

86turboyota [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
correction i need to be off the trail by 2 because i have to be in sonora by 4

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
that sounds like a good time anyhow.

86turboyota [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
its a fairly short trail.. so as long as we dont have any major hold ups.. shouldnt be a problem... unless of course someone decides to try and roll over....

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
I meant the queen show... :rofl:

86turboyota [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
that too...

86turboyota [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
just as long as you dont try and take the line my uncle tried.... came realy close to rolling it..

86turboyota [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
sunday is a go. not 100% sure on time but im thinking about 9-10am... ill post up a for sure on that. and if you need directions let me know.. we will probably meet at the gas station in greely hill at the intersection of j-132 and holtzel road

TacoStewie

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 4
  • Male Posts: 816
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
sat is no good but suday is good.  :(
4THEWKN

TacoStewie

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
if your familier with Rodeo Queen competitions and what not.. saturday is the horsemanship and sunday night they announce the winner, and my good friend is one of the contestants.. so  we have our fingers crossed for her.

would that be Drew???
4THEWKN

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
sunday is a go. not 100% sure on time but im thinking about 9-10am... ill post up a for sure on that. and if you need directions let me know.. we will probably meet at the gas station in greely hill at the intersection of j-132 and holtzel road
I think I know that gas station.  Is the bathroom in the back left next to the hardware section?

sat is no good but suday is good.  :(

You thinking of going?

TacoStewie

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
we will have to see but it sounds fun, i will have to see how the races go on sat and what time i get back
4THEWKN

86turboyota [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
would that be Drew???
Drew is last years queen, im friends with Jessica Haynie one of the competitors for this years queen competetion

86turboyota [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
to tell you the truth ive never been in that station, just in its parking lot but im sure that it is at the intersection of holtzel and j-132

86turboyota [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
If you are familiar with the town of groveland, or at least highway 120 through groveland?  If so just head up highway 120 and go about 6-8 miles outside of town still on 120 and then turn right on hells hollow road, where we will meet.  Our trucks will be visible from the highway.  I think that just meeting there instead of the gas station will be simpler.  If you need more clarification id be happy to help.  I did a google map search of oakdale ca  to hells hollow road ca, and came up with an accurate map, so if you do the same you shouldn't have any problems.  We plan to meet 9:00 is so that we can be on the trail before 10.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 06:40:24 PM by 86turboyota »

86turboyota [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
EDIT.. we plan to meet at 9:00 AM

86turboyota [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
just got back from the trail ride. had a lot of fun took a couple good pics, had a good time wheeling with duffil and my friend,

86turboyota [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
heres one pic for now   :biggthumpup:  ill post up the rest on monday when im back at school with fast internet again.

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
hmmm...flex anyone? :haha:

86turboyota [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile