Author Topic: lspv valve elimination  (Read 4586 times)

croberts

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Apr '06
    • View Profile
lspv valve elimination
« on: Apr 22, 2007, 08:53:03 PM »
I did a search read a bunch and "i'm still confused. sorry i know this has been discussed a million times.  I want to get rid of this lpsv. Whats the cheapest route? In the treads i read they talked about plugging the return? What did you use as a plug what did you do with the extra lines? This is a trail only rig. Thanks for all the help.  Pics would be awsome!!!

jimbo74

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
Re: lspv valve elimination
« Reply #1 on: Apr 22, 2007, 08:58:03 PM »
get a proportioning valve and isntall it. get some plugs... they are 10x1 ... hell some bolts would probably even work..

now this might not be something you wnat to tackle, but my 2wd doesnt have an lpsv, and its got a stock proportioning valve. there is only 1 line that runs to the rear
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Apr 22, 2007, 08:59:01 PM »
I did a search read a bunch and "i'm still confused. sorry i know this has been discussed a million times.  I want to get rid of this lpsv. Whats the cheapest route? In the treads i read they talked about plugging the return? What did you use as a plug what did you do with the extra lines? This is a trail only rig. Thanks for all the help.  Pics would be awsome!!!
the cheapest route is to cut it off near the valve and tie it up so it is in same as stock position
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Apr 22, 2007, 08:59:57 PM »
get a proportioning valve and isntall it. get some plugs... they are 10x1 ... hell some bolts would probably even work..

now this might not be something you wnat to tackle, but my 2wd doesnt have an lpsv, and its got a stock proportioning valve. there is only 1 line that runs to the rear
u dont need any plugs....if u install the proportioning valve....the return line from lpsv is eliminated completely
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Turtle Points: 138
  • Male Posts: 4,844
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #4 on: Apr 22, 2007, 09:00:44 PM »
as long as the stock valve still works, anyway.

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #5 on: Apr 23, 2007, 08:14:51 AM »
take  the line  feeding thew lspv   and  route it  directly  to your  rear  axle  brake line,  done deal
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Apr 23, 2007, 02:30:30 PM »
take  the line  feeding thew lspv   and  route it  directly  to your  rear  axle  brake line,  done deal
  Then the return line is left open.  You would have to plug the return or do some re-routing up front
RIP KYOTA

*ROKTOY*

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 1,066
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Apr 23, 2007, 03:22:05 PM »
Here ya go check this out. That's the way I went, made a bracket just like the one that Black Diamond paid $20 for and it only cost me $6. I liked this idea because you can still use it as a proportioning valve just by adjusting it.

http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=10663.0

TurtleTappers91

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -5
  • Male Posts: 310
  • Member since Mar '07
  • ..I walks me a mudhole and I stomps it dry... baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Apr 26, 2007, 07:13:39 PM »
 :biggthumpup:

TexJeff87

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 4
  • Male Posts: 51
  • Member since Dec '05
  • I wheel in my yard...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Apr 27, 2007, 05:59:18 AM »
Might I ask why you want to ditch it?

If you drive it on the street you need it, or at least a proportioning valve.  If you don't have it, when you get on the brakes the rear WILL lock up and you WILL swap ends.

It's there for a reason. You guys should know that Toyota engineers don't put stuff on these trucks "just cuz".

Now, if it's trail only, go to town. But it will change the way your brakes respond.
grease under 'ma nails....
formerly a cherry sas'd 87 runner, now an assortment of dents
35's, lockers, and a canback

TurtleTappers91

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -5
  • Male Posts: 310
  • Member since Mar '07
  • ..I walks me a mudhole and I stomps it dry... baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Apr 27, 2007, 05:13:34 PM »
Once you are running a lift and big tires, the LSPV does not work properly anymore.  Using an adjustable bracket you are able to "dial in" the brakes to work well most of the time. Many peole don't even notice a difference after the modification is done. It does work fine to cut the rod and just leave it at that, too. :twocents: