Author Topic: '85 front and rear axle,5"lift,topshift tcase,280k miles,I paid 450, good deal?  (Read 4120 times)

BoG-ToY

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 594
  • Male Posts: 2,122
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
I just picked up a front and rear axle combo, 5.5 inch front lift springs, 6 inch rear blocks, and a junk topshift tcase, cost me 450 bucks, axles have almost new warn premiums :(  i think that the lift and lokcing hubs have like 5k on them, while everything else has like 280k, so good deal? bad deal? fair enough? I want peoples opinions....oh yeah, dont forget, IM in florida, I hardly see any older toyota anything out here
Sand, what fun, drop pressure to 12psi, stock tires are still digging, can't afford to get stuck, 8psi, still not working. Find a place to GET OUT, air up, un-lock hubs,  WAIT whats this, hubs are UN-LOCKED already. 2wd, 8psi, stock tires, Oregon sand dunes.

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
sounds like you got hosed  :eek:  6 inch BLOCKS  :aaa:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

BoG-ToY [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
front axle????how much is it worth? rear axle? how much is it worth? 5.5 inch front springs? how much they worth?  top shift tcase? how much is it worth??? I was figuring $225 for front axle, its the 85 so its the good one and thats what it would have cost to get a random no year listed axle shipped to me, or any that I could get locally. say $75 for the rear, yeah its high, but its got a good third that I can build upand Im figuring $25 for the third, plus $50 for shipping (not to mention the for empty housings its alot more then that) so thats $300 so far, so another $150 for the right tcase and the 5.5 inch front springs? its $100 dollars to get the conversion kit to make my tcase the right tcase+ $118 for the shifter, its $300 for the 5 inch marlin springs, so if Im paying per part..... it would cost me over $718....without figuring the cost of shipping the springs and the tcase parts..... like I said in my first post...IM IN FLORIDA, there arent any toyota parts here, the junkyard wanted $300 for just the front axle, without hubs!!! he had already sold them, I got mine with warn premiums(yeah theyre not the best, but they will work just fine, it will make me look more like the jeeps anyways)....that $300 dollar front axle GOT CRUSHED, he didnt care....cuz toys arent popular here. so I guess I got hosed....darn eh?
Sand, what fun, drop pressure to 12psi, stock tires are still digging, can't afford to get stuck, 8psi, still not working. Find a place to GET OUT, air up, un-lock hubs,  WAIT whats this, hubs are UN-LOCKED already. 2wd, 8psi, stock tires, Oregon sand dunes.

BoG-ToY [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
ALSO THERES A GUY TRYING TO GET 175 for a 85 rear with no gears and 250 for an 84? complete??????????????????//

BoG-ToY [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
oh yeah, some guy just offered me that same tcase for $150, plus I woulda had to pay shipping????

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
well you cant figure 150  for
a junk topshift tcase
thats a good price  for one thats used it TOP condition,  i  usually  get junk  for $20, 

what kind of 5.5 inch springs??   that makes all the difference  in the world

and  dont get bent  cause i told you you got hosed,  if your happy  with your purchase for your area  then  why even ask peoples  opinion
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

BoG-ToY [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
I dont know, peoples are always trying to get 200+ for there fronts, and theres a guy on here right now trying to get 250 for that same rear axle...... I figured I did pretty good.......I guess, Im just tired of being the lifted guy who gets outwheeled by the stock jeep, Ive got my tortion bars cranked to fit my 35s and I have rear blocks right now, hey, how much lift should I get out of chevys???, I should be getting some good lift out of this upgrade...., I wish I could get a highsteer setup, I should end up with about 7 inches over stock if I do everything right, then I dont know if I will want to put my body lift on.....but theres alot more mud then mountains around here....so I might still put it on....

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
well,  i wouldnt go with the  63 chevies,  they are thick  leaves  and  i would think ride crappy,   i would do  ford 2wd F150  leaves 

get a pic of those springs  you got

BoG-ToY [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
I will get picks....thats too bad about the chebbies, cuz I already got them, anyways, the picks of those springs arent gonna be great, once again, Im in florida, I had my truck for two years....no rust on anything, I was here for two months....rust on everything, so the paint is turning brown on these springs....thats another good question, sandblasting and painting springs....any advice, brands of paint?

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
rustoleum,   nuttin else

if you already have the chevies  use em

mickeyfinn

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 142
  • Member since Dec '06
  • so many projects so little time
    • View Profile