Author Topic: Stupid Fuel Filter  (Read 2145 times)

Mega Baby Huey

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 36
  • Male Posts: 432
  • Member since Jan '07
  • Do It!
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
Stupid Fuel Filter
« on: Jan 12, 2007, 09:29:50 AM »
Well, a while back my truck wouldn't start...turns out it was the timing chain, but that's a diffrent story! anyway, we thought it was a fuel filter problem, so we bought one! well we followed the fuel line and couln't find it...we looked for about an hour then gave up...since then i got the timing chain fixed...and now i've got an unused brand new fuel filter! we looked in a maintanance book but it only told us it was between the tank and the motor  :smack:  :hammer:

i think it may be by the tank, or mounted on it but i'm not sure! anyone out there know for sure where it's located?

by the way, it's a 4X4 toyota Pickup, 1993...
The Art of Flying is Actually Quite Simple! You Just Have to Throw Yourself at the Ground and Miss!!!                                   All This Global Warming is Wearing Out My Snow Shovel!!!                        Paved Roads: Just Another Example of Useless Government Spending!                                          Toyota. Moving forward... even if you don't want to...
My Old Toy

CTENG in KS

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -501
  • Male Posts: 4,295
  • Member since Jun '04
  • ^Alfred the Great
    • View Profile
    • CTENG's Eco-Rant
Re: Stupid Fuel Filter
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2007, 10:06:45 AM »
If it is a 22re the ff is on the passenger side of the engine under the intake manifold.  The filter is inside a black steel container (round) bolted with two bolts to the side of the block.  There is a fuel line running into the cannister from the rear (tank) and one that leaves from the front of the canister up to the fuel rail on the manifold.
IFS is best kept at ambient temperature in a pile of scrap in the backyard.  When kept under a functioning vehicle, it tends to greatly diminish said vehicle's offroad ability.     -reklund5

4Runner: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=4580.0
Beastmaster: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=34339.0

KYOTA

• Turtle Points: 1759
  • Member since Jan '04
  • Wreckin Ball '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2007, 11:04:23 AM »
like CTENG said, its on the pass side under the intake behind the oil filter with 2 bolts holding it to the block and a fitting on each end. Its way easier to change it out when the oil filter is off. I always made sure I replaced the fuel filter on oil change day.

Mega Baby Huey [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 36
  • Male Posts: 432
  • Member since Jan '07
  • Do It!
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2007, 12:34:45 PM »
thank you! when i get home i'm gonna take a look and see if i can't find it!

did they even make '93's with the 22r?
The Art of Flying is Actually Quite Simple! You Just Have to Throw Yourself at the Ground and Miss!!!                                   All This Global Warming is Wearing Out My Snow Shovel!!!                        Paved Roads: Just Another Example of Useless Government Spending!                                          Toyota. Moving forward... even if you don't want to...
My Old Toy

DESERTCOX

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 88
  • Member since Dec '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jan 12, 2007, 02:17:46 PM »
It's a big pain to change but it can be through the right wheel well. Also don't lose the brass washers or the new fuel filter will leak.   good luck

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jan 12, 2007, 03:06:08 PM »

did they even make '93's with the 22r?
no, 87 was the last year 22r was produced for US
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

boggerunner

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 9
  • Male Posts: 3,140
  • Member since May '06
  • Philberbuilt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jan 12, 2007, 03:18:07 PM »
they wanted to know if it was the 22re cause the 3.slow has the filter on the pass. side frame rail