Author Topic: wholesale tires  (Read 2321 times)

zeke jr.

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 154
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
    • turn key buggys
wholesale tires
« on: Jan 08, 2007, 05:41:25 PM »
well tire rack is backordered for a mont on the tires i need. any have any other suggestions of places for whole sale tires. im tryin 4 another set of 33X12.50 15 MT/Rs.
thanks
always remember a crowded elevator smells different to a midget.

"I sincerely believe that banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies, and that the principle of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale."

"The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations."

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
Re: wholesale tires
« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2007, 05:44:45 PM »
check with a local off road shop? then u can support a small business and maybe get a deal too
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

zeke jr. [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
    • turn key buggys
« Reply #2 on: Jan 08, 2007, 05:51:07 PM »
i spent a good couple hours and they had nothing. but i heard that goodyear has been on strike so everyone is going to be backordered on any goodyear tire but i dunno? someone has got to have a set.

"I sincerely believe that banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies, and that the principle of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale."

"The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations."

blackdiamond

• Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,052
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jan 08, 2007, 06:02:15 PM »
Discount Tire will match Tirerack prices (including the shipping cost) and they sell Goodyear tires.
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1051
  • Male Posts: 9,755
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jan 08, 2007, 10:56:11 PM »
Wholesale/mail order tires rarely end up being a good deal anyway, after you count shipping, mounting and balancing.  Most tire shops will move some on their prices, albeit reluctantly sometimes.  Do a google search for goodyear mtr tires and see who lists them in stock if you're set on mail order.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

zeke jr. [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
    • turn key buggys
« Reply #5 on: Jan 09, 2007, 01:05:51 AM »
im not worried about mount and balance cuz my uncle has a machine to do it its just the cost for the tires. but i think im going to get them from americas tire company.

FIREBALL

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 190
  • Member since Feb '03
  • Hi Ho Marlin....u talkin to me
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jan 09, 2007, 08:35:34 AM »
I've had good luck with Americas Tire around here. I saved hundereds over Les Schwab by going to them.

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jan 09, 2007, 08:49:35 AM »
any decent tire place can get any tire you want... that said, if they cant get it, they are not worth doing business with... haggle, many times, a shop will sell below cost jsut to obtain a customer with the hopes of retaining a new customer for futrure services becasue they beat out their competition
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~