Author Topic: 90 4runner sas question with stock rear coil suspension  (Read 3457 times)

crawler925

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 15
  • Male Posts: 165
  • Member since Jan '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
90 4runner sas question with stock rear coil suspension
« on: Dec 09, 2006, 12:08:38 AM »
hello everybody!!!!. i have a 90 4runner that i am doing a sas very soon. im not sure what lift. A 4" or 5" lift. i want to run 35" or 36" tires. what do you guys think? anyways i was thinking of the 5" kit and i was wondering if there was a set of coil springs out there that would give the rear the same lift. now i have a ifs with a 4" lift and the rear has stock coils and 2"spacers and its even.. has anybody done a sas and still uses the coil rear suspension? what coils did you use...
5" sas with rear 5" coil to leaf conversion , ARB front bumper, 8000 warn winch , front and rear ARB air lockers, 5.29 gears, 36/12.5/15 swamper sx on 15x8 2in back space rockcrawlers, Bilstein 5150 14" Shocks, Bilstein steering stabilizer, cobra CB, onboard air compressor w/7 gallon tank, con-ferr roof rack,

Six-Pack

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 9
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
On the 90 runner SAS that I had, it had 4" springs in the front.  With the help of 5.5" shackles and the drop hanger it cleared 37" MTRs with ease.  The rear consisted of 3" over stock coils and the 2" spacer that you currently have and it sat level.  I hope this helps.  If I can dig up some pics and figure out how to post them, you can check it out.  It was also bobbed 10" as well.  I sure miss my runner.  Have a great Christmas and a safe New Years.   :beerchug:  :usa:
Some people are like Slinkys, not all that useful, but they always give you a smile when you see one tumble down the stairs

crawler925 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 15
  • Male Posts: 165
  • Member since Jan '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
 where did you get the 3" over stock springs ?????
5" sas with rear 5" coil to leaf conversion , ARB front bumper, 8000 warn winch , front and rear ARB air lockers, 5.29 gears, 36/12.5/15 swamper sx on 15x8 2in back space rockcrawlers, Bilstein 5150 14" Shocks, Bilstein steering stabilizer, cobra CB, onboard air compressor w/7 gallon tank, con-ferr roof rack,

Six-Pack

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
 :smack:  Sorry to misinform you on the coils, but I looked up the part number on the All pro website and I guess the coils were 1.5" and the spacers were 2.25" for a total of 3.75".  It sat level and looked good.  Sorry for bad info.  I will try to find the pics.  Looking back, I would not bob it and I would have leaf sprung it.  There is a couple of guys up here that have done it and man does it look good.  Good luck with your project.  Post pics and then tell me what I am doing wrong.  I can't seem to get my pics to post.    :beerchug:
Some people are like Slinkys, not all that useful, but they always give you a smile when you see one tumble down the stairs

boggerunner

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 9
  • Male Posts: 3,140
  • Member since May '06
  • Philberbuilt
    • View Profile
i used a skyjacker 4' lift for an 85 chevy half ton, here are some pics

Six-Pack

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
 :bowdown:
That runner is sick.  When I get my truck done we are going to get a runner and build it up, you know, for the wife :biggthumpup:.  (wink wink)