Author Topic: THANKSGIVING WEEKEND AT THE "HAMMER'S" 11/24 -11/26 2006  (Read 4528 times)

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 759
  • Male Posts: 13,855
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
THANKSGIVING WEEKEND AT THE "HAMMER'S" 11/24 -11/26 2006
« on: Nov 09, 2006, 08:38:40 AM »
Quote from: TurtleTruck
I will be making another Hammers trip on Thanksgiving Weekend.  At this point I plan to head out early Friday morning and be ready to wheel by 9AM.

Once again I plan to camp in Benderville! :mrgreen:

If you want to wheel at the Hammers, please remember (from here):
Quote from: TurtleTruck
Participants must be prepared for body damage and breakage (can you say tools and spare parts?) and rigs must be double locked, low geared, and have large tires (minimum 35's for Toys, Jeeps, and Broncos, minimum 33's for Sammys).
However; if you just want to come out and check things out, hike the trail or maybe find a seat to ride along, that is great too!

Trails at the top of my to-do list:

-Wrecking Ball
-Jackhammer
-Outer Limits

DIRECTIONS AND LOCAL INFO FOR
JOHNSON VALLEY/MEANS DRY LAKE
« Last Edit: Nov 09, 2006, 08:47:50 AM by Rocksurfer »
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

Shoyrtt

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 1,294
  • Member since Feb '05
  • VH Runner
    • View Profile
I am planning to be there for a run on Friday. Maybe I will see you out there? 8)
My Runner:

Howard's Runner:
« Last Edit: Nov 20, 2006, 04:33:08 PM by Shoyrtt »
JOIN THE BLUE RIBBON COALITION!

http://www.sharetrails.org/

Shoyrtt

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Feb '05
  • VH Runner
    • View Profile
Looks like it will be a mild weekend: highs in the mid 60s, lows in the high 30s. :wave:
http://www.weather.com/outlook/health/fitness/tenday/USCA0592?from=search_10day

iNfErNaL

• El Presidente
  • Turtle Points: 109
  • Male Posts: 7,509
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
Few of my buddies are going.Troy,Joey and a few other friens of mine.
WWW.GLOBALOFFROADSUPPLY.COM

Support Your Local Brawlers
 www.RockBrawlers.com 

www.offroadtruckshow.com

Shoyrtt

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Feb '05
  • VH Runner
    • View Profile
Where is Peps going to be? :inthedark:

iNfErNaL

• El Presidente
  • Turtle Points: 109
  • Male Posts: 7,509
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
Where is Peps going to be? :inthedark:
Man,Peps is gonna be wrenching on his junk.Then he might take the kids to Glamis or Baja to ride their quads...I wish I was either going to JV or Truck Heaven,but like always,I waited to long and didn't get my POS done in time.
WWW.GLOBALOFFROADSUPPLY.COM

Support Your Local Brawlers
 www.RockBrawlers.com 

www.offroadtruckshow.com

Rocksurfer [OP]

• Momentum Man
  • Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 759
  • Male Posts: 13,855
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
Since my mother-in-laws heart problem became a part of this trip I thought I might post my little rush to CA report here....

Well it all started last week when my mother-in-law went to here eldest daughter's last weekend in Fountain Valley, CA. for the weekend and then to my eldest daughter's to meet my wife and RocksForBrains for Thankgiving while I stayed in Mesa and worked. Things didn't turn out as we would have planned but some of it was good must most was bad!

Once my mother-in-law arrived at my daughters she started having severe chest pains on Tues and was taken to the hospital so my wife loaded up early  and took off for Yucca Valley since she is her primary care giver and would be responsible for all decisions if she became incapacitated and could not make them for herself. Anyways she ended up being transfered to Palms Springs and it looked like she was headed to open heart surgery so my wife called me and wanted me to come out just in case things went sour. So on Fri. I worked until Midnight and headed for CA for a 8:00a meeting with here Dr. I arrived in Yucca in time for a 2 hr. nap before heading into Palms Springs to discuss Granny's options with him. After learning that her left, right and middle aortas were 75% blocked he told us the options of a stints, bypass or managed care and that stints were not an option due to the location of the blockage once cleared would not allow stints since the stints would basically re-block the left and right aorta's and in fact would kill here so that was out. Next would be open heart and bypass, which would fix that problem but may create other issues that would lead to bigger problems. So since she was stable it was decided to get her home with managed care and hope for the best and if the blockage gets to 90% we would have to re-evaluate the situation.

This was concluded by lunch and we decided to move her home to on Sunday (today) which we have safely accomplished at this time, but lets back-track to Sat. and after the meeting, since I had the remainder of the day open once we got Granny back to my daughters in Yucca Valley it dawned on me that I was about 30 min. away from the Hammer's and my club just happened to be camping at Soggy Lake in Johnson Valley. So off I went to visit with my fellow club members and sit by the campfire with them. I had a great visit with what was left of them and they treated me to canned Chilli and Raviolio's  :yupyup:

We sat around and talked about the fun we've had and that I will stay in touch and continue to try and get out on runs with them in the future. Wish I could have gotten out to Mean's and hooked up with some of you but I just flat ran out of time, maybe next time.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you