Author Topic: Interco Tire Corp vs. The Rest  (Read 13432 times)

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
Re: Interco Tire Corp vs. The Rest
« on: Oct 05, 2006, 11:29:20 PM »
I tend to agree with Mr_DIY 

I've never seen an SSR preform very well offroad :dunno:  Onroad they're decent, but offroad, they've got horrible traction.  Personally I've run BFG ATs (on a fullsize dodge) BFG MTs, and MTRs.  I think the MTRs and the MTs are a pretty comparable tire, and I've never had any problem with the sidewalls on either one :dunno:  When I went through the 'con for the roundup, I didn't air down (didn't want to lose the ground clearance under the center frame of my IFS, and I was thoroughly pleased with the grip of the MTs, and the sidewall flex :thumbs:  I usually run them between 25-30 psi, and Have about 25K on them, with a little more than half tread left. :thumbs: 

I think my next set of tires will be a set of TSLs, a little better offroad preformance, and I'm not driving my truck near as much as I used to, so the onroad manners won't be as big a deal anymore.  :twocents:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent