Poll

News said it would happen this year (2006), what do you think?

It will happen
14 (45.2%)
No way in hell
17 (54.8%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: Gas Prices hit $2/gallon!  (Read 214346 times)

yotzilla

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 62
  • Member since Dec '07
    • View Profile
Re: Gas Prices hit $2/gallon!
« Reply #90 on: Mar 11, 2008, 11:35:07 AM »
that would be a good Idea, but we could not get everyone to do it
94 ext cab w/ little mods with 42 Iroks Redding Ca.

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: Mar 11, 2008, 01:33:59 PM »
I paid $3.17 for regular yesterday and have seen deisel for $3.85. :ack:
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: Mar 11, 2008, 01:38:36 PM »
$4 for diesel and 3.59 for regular. Not sure who said it but I have to agree. Get the bikes out people!

I wonder what would happen if just one day NO body went to the gas pumps. No One. The whole day. Would gas go down? National No Pumping Day.

It's been proposed before, numerous times, and it won't make a difference.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/nogas.asp

If you know you'll need gas you'll just get it the day before, and if you don't need gas, NBD you can wait till the day after or next week.
The only thing that will make a difference is reduction in demand.
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

BigMike [OP]

• Administrator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2124
  • Male Posts: 18,289
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
« Reply #93 on: Mar 11, 2008, 01:55:55 PM »
http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/nogas.asp

Nice link MWM.

...An event like a "gas out" can sometimes do some good by calling attention to a cause and sending a message.  In this case, though, the only message being sent is: "We consumers are so desperate for gasoline that we can't even do without it for a few days to demonstrate our dissatisfaction with its cost." What supplier is going to respond to a message like that by lowering its prices?  Those who really want to send a "message" to oil suppliers should try not buying any gasoline for several months in a row.
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

BigMike [OP]

• Administrator
  • Member since Apr '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: Mar 11, 2008, 02:09:59 PM »
Get the bikes out people!

Regardless if you are referring to a bicycle or a motorcycle, I just wanted to brag that after switching to a 17 tooth front cog (taller gear ratio) on my 1993 Suzuki GS500E, my last take of gas went 54 MPG -- my personal best yet.

Bike holds just under 3 gallons, so $9 to $10 worth of gas is getting me an entire week of riding around 150 miles. If you can afford to own a bike out-right, then insurance is extremely inexpensive. I paid just $700 for my Suzuki which paid for itself the first year of use.

If you are or have been considering buying a bike, now is the best time. Spring is coming and the weather is starting to get perfect. I urge you to read posts such as Motorcycle Riders, and start saving time and money, get more exercise, and reduce your fuel consumption!

WHITE_TRASH

• Turtle Points: 679
  • Member since Feb '03
  • Don't blame me, I didn't vote for this crap.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: Mar 11, 2008, 02:24:14 PM »
The prices will continue to rise until the demand starts to drop off.  that will cause the price to drop slightly.  Once the demand comes back up the previous level the prices will rise again to a higher level than before.  Demand will start to drop, the prices will start to fall... you see a pattern? 

Diesel fuel is $4.00 a gallon.  I burn just over 300 gallons a week and I only run 3-4 days a week.  What do you think a 7 day a week OTR driver is burning?  People wonder why goods are going up in price, go figure.  It costs $1500 to get a load of goods from the sanfran bay to the PNW $400 of that is pure fuel surcharge on top of the standard pay going to the truck.  When the fuel prices were still under $2 that surcharge didn't exist and goods were a bit lower to reflect that.

I haven't changed anything about the way I live or what I do to lessen my usage of fuel, I jsut got a better job to be able to afford to do what I love.  I work to live and if I'm not living I may aswell quit my job, start voting democrat and go on welfare.
Full hydro, 186:1 with an auto and 44's what could go wrong??

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: Mar 11, 2008, 03:26:03 PM »
The prices will continue to rise until the demand starts to drop off.   

I work to live and if I'm not living I may aswell quit my job, start voting democrat and go on welfare.

The other half of the equation...increase the supply. We have billions of barrels of oil in our control...let us drill for it. The Russians are drilling for oil in the neutral ares of the Arctic, the Mexicans are drilling all over the place in the Gulf. The rigs we have in the Gulf haven't ruined the tourist industry...why do we think it would ruin it for California, Florida or the rest of our coastal areas? It's time for us to crap or get off the john...the left and the "legislation by litigation" people have to be stopped.
We need to build more refineries. We need to cull the herd of about 20 different grades of gas nation wide down to maybe 6 grades.

The answer is not to give up or give in... part of the answer is to demand intelligence from our representatives.  They regulate for regulations sake...like most managers I've known. They exist to justify their existence. We also have to demand intelligent involvement from the voters...I think there needs to be a qualification test before you can vote.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1051
  • Male Posts: 9,755
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: Mar 11, 2008, 09:31:17 PM »
I work to live and if I'm not living I may aswell quit my job, start voting democrat and go on welfare.

:spit:  holy crap that's funny! 

Just paid $3.99 a gallon for diesel, but luckily I only got $3 worth for a steam cleaner :gap:

I can only imagine what would happen to diesel prices if half the people who drove diesels made their own fuels :dunno:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: Mar 11, 2008, 09:44:59 PM »
$3.45 today for 87 @ costco near betts in san leandro, ca
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: Mar 11, 2008, 11:50:37 PM »
I don't know what it is...we don't have any refineries, we're not on the way to anywhere. I guess we're just lucky.

The feds and the state gov't forgot you existed :gap:

:dunno:  I think diesel is about 3.89 here in Reno.  Have no idea what gas is, haven't noticed.  I've got 3/4 of a tank in my toy. 

As much as I hate the idea that fuel is so expensive, I do think it is funny some of the people that complain about fuel.  I'm not talking about OTR truckers, or people that drive a long distance to work/for work, but the around town people.  They pregnant dog because they have to fill their car up at 30-50 cents more than they did a month ago.  At .50, 10 gal of gas is $5 more.  These are the same people that buy 1-2 starbucks a day for what?  $5?  :dunno:  its simply a matter of choices.  Even at $4 a gal for diesel, It'll cost me roughly 100-110 to fill up my truck, as opposed to rougly $85 when it was around 3.35.  A tank of diesel will last me 2 weeks or so, depending on if I take a longer trip or not.  $15 over the course of 2 weeks isn't enough for me to cry and complain over.  that's 2  drinks and a tip on a day off.  No big deal to me.  I'm planning on making biodiesel soon, and I consolidate my trips, so I run all my errands on the way home from work, or when I need to do more than one thing.  I do what I can to conserve, but I think WT said it best
:
I haven't changed anything about the way I live or what I do to lessen my usage of fuel, I jsut got a better job to be able to afford to do what I love.  I work to live and if I'm not living I may aswell quit my job, start voting democrat and go on welfare.

But yes, I am in full support of alternative fuels, especially biodiesel, since there are so many options, as well as drilling in our untapped oil reserves.  :thumbs:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Turtle Points: -415
  • Male Posts: 4,823
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
« Reply #100 on: Mar 12, 2008, 01:57:38 AM »
gas is 3.35/gal for regular here and going up at a steady rate.
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily
5.3L V8, 3.5in Lift, 33X10.5R18 Toyo MTs, Vision Rocker 18x9s powdercoated Mountain Blue Transparent over Speedboat Aluminum

2010 Chevy Tahoe LT Wife's Daily
5.3L V8, 6in Lift, 35s, AMP power steps

2016 Ford F250 XLT CCLB Work/Business Truck
6.2L V8

2001 Ford F350 Lariat CCLB Work/Business Truck
7.3L Powerstroke w/ Banks Turbo

Instagram @ taytershubby13

BigMike [OP]

• Administrator
  • Member since Apr '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: Mar 12, 2008, 04:10:13 PM »
The other half of the equation...increase the supply. We have billions of barrels of oil in our control...let us drill for it. The Russians are drilling for oil in the neutral ares of the Arctic, the Mexicans are drilling all over the place in the Gulf. The rigs we have in the Gulf haven't ruined the tourist industry...why do we think it would ruin it for California, Florida or the rest of our coastal areas? It's time for us to crap or get off the john...the left and the "legislation by litigation" people have to be stopped.
We need to build more refineries. We need to cull the herd of about 20 different grades of gas nation wide down to maybe 6 grades.

The answer is not to give up or give in... part of the answer is to demand intelligence from our representatives.  They regulate for regulations sake...like most managers I've known. They exist to justify their existence. We also have to demand intelligent involvement from the voters...I think there needs to be a qualification test before you can vote.

Very, very well said. I have learned a lot about politics simply by reading your replies abnormaltoy, please keep them coming :beer: :beer:

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: Mar 12, 2008, 04:16:10 PM »
Very, very well said. I have learned a lot about politics simply by reading your replies abnormaltoy, please keep them coming :beer: :beer:

Thank you...but, you've only learned about my politics  :gap:

and I'm just a grumpy old fart! 
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

Doable

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 69
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: Mar 14, 2008, 01:34:45 PM »
Gas at the local Chevron in south Louisiana is $3.31 for regular unleaded 87 oc. today
Nothing puts a smlie on my face like the green glow of 4x4 on the dash !
BSLCA.com

MiniSimp

• Outdoor Enthusiast
  • Male Posts: 5,120
  • Member since Jan '05
  • SimpsonBrothers.net
    • View Profile
    • Simpson Brothers Photography
« Reply #104 on: Mar 14, 2008, 01:39:29 PM »
Todays low for regular in CA:  $3.37 Chevron - Salinas - 1250 N Davis Rd & Westridge Pkwy 
Todays low for diesel in CA:  $3.79 Eagle's Nest Trading Post - Lake Success - Hwy 190 (East of Porterville)

Todays high for regular in CA:  $4.69 Kirkwood Station - Kirkwood CA-88 & Kirkwood Meadows Rd 
Todays high for diesel in CA:  $4.48 Connor Card Lock - Happy Camp - 63708 Hwy 96 near Davis Rd

This will happen again:

« Last Edit: Mar 14, 2008, 01:48:00 PM by MiniSimp »

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: Mar 14, 2008, 02:09:10 PM »
Diesel at the station I pass every morning went from $3.86 yesterday to $3.92 today :tantrum:
Good thing we weren't counting on any long trips this year.

Where is the Mammoth?

Willy Mammoth

• Male Posts: 4,252
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: Mar 14, 2008, 02:53:31 PM »
Sunoco in Orlando is $4.19 for diesel :yikes:  I bet they don't sell much, they are allways high, but there isn't anybody else close to them that sells diesel.
:usa: American by birth, redneck by choice. 

Making Of http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=6472.0  

Sightings Of  http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=10805.0

BigMike [OP]

• Administrator
  • Member since Apr '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: Mar 14, 2008, 03:13:53 PM »
I heard on the news this morning that Hawaii prices are also very high, however I have not checked what they are.

Mark: Let's invent synthetic gasoline at 0.99$/gallon :greengrin:

Willy Mammoth

• Male Posts: 4,252
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: Mar 14, 2008, 03:20:37 PM »

We should just go to ALL diesel electric hybreads and grow algae in our swimming pools, bath tubs and anything that will hold water. It's free and it's renewable.

http://www.hielscher.com/ultrasonics/algae_extraction_01.htm?gclid=CITjzP_RjZICFQJLxwodNhBm9g
:usa: American by birth, redneck by choice. 

Making Of http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=6472.0  

Sightings Of  http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=10805.0

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: Mar 14, 2008, 03:52:06 PM »
I heard on the news this morning that Hawaii prices are also very high, however I have not checked what they are.

Somebody already did...I think Hitler did it in the '40's. There are products out there called biodiesel, greasel, algaediesel, etc.

I read that to replace 5% of the gasoline with Ethanol it would mean that we would have to dedicate an area the size of Washinton and Idaho to corn cultivation. If we were to replace the same 5% of gasoline with biodiesel made from aglae it would only require an area smaller than Yellowstone...and the price of everything made from corn wouldn't be skyrocketing...it's amazing the number of things corn goes helps make possible. So, as is the norm...Congress didn't make the tough decision, the wise decsion, it make the decision that was politically expediant...and as usual, we take it in the pooper.

The oil companies aren’t the problem…Congress, the left and…all of us, by our passivity, are at fault.

The left in this country is at fault for our current fuel supply/price problem. By bringing suit against every company that tries to build new refineries or even modernize existing, online facilities, they have kept our refining capacity at near 1980 levels, while our consumption of fuels has nearly tripled. This causes bottlenecks in the supply line to the consumer, causing the price to escalate. Look at what happened to prices after Katrina. More recently, look at what the explosion at just one refinery did to prices. Similar efforts through the courts have prevented new drilling in ANWR and in new fields off our coasts.

The left has forced the US into dependency on foreign oil…oil that is the property of some of the most unsavory nations on earth.

The price of anything in a free market is based on supply of a product vs. demand for that product. Worldwide, demand for petroleum has skyrocketed along with the economies of China and India. We now, no longer are competing with only the European economies for the oil supply, we are also competing with the two most heavily populated nations on earth.
I think, as a matter of national security…both real and economic national security, we need a “space race” mentality. We have billions if not trillions of barrels of oil within our reach…if the leftists could be taken out of the picture. The President should declare a national emergency and use all the power of that Office to facilitate (read that as getting government and the courts out of the way) the establishment of new oil and natural gas fields.
With very little imagination, we can see that a terrorist attack on one or more refineries could cripple our economy, so much so, that the Great Depression would look like good times.
We need to act soon, not just for our sakes…but, for the sake of our children and grand-children. Or, learn to build sod houses again. Also, a great national push to bring these fields into production would only be possible with a huge number on good paying, long term jobs…where is the downside…I see none.

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

BigMike [OP]

• Administrator
  • Member since Apr '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: Mar 14, 2008, 05:43:34 PM »
Somebody already did...I think Hitler did it in the '40's. There are products out there called biodiesel, greasel, algaediesel, etc.

Ahh but the catch was where can I buy it right now today for 0.99$/gallon :gap:

As always, I enjoy learning about "your politics". :yupyup: I think it's a combination of too many lobbyists and big businesses who effectively "own" the politicians and government officials. :down:

WHITE_TRASH

• Member since Feb '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: Mar 16, 2008, 12:16:03 AM »
Very well said abnormalitoy.  I appreciate your detail and facts in your reply on this subject.  But I can simplify that post easily for those that don't like to read short novels...  :hahaha:

The liberal bottom feeding pond scum leftists out there hate us.  Simple as that.  They fear that which they can not control.  Their latest attempt to control us is with ridiculous gas prices. 

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: Mar 16, 2008, 01:14:05 AM »
Very well said abnormalitoy.  I appreciate your detail and facts in your reply on this subject.  But I can simplify that post easily for those that don't like to read short novels...  :hahaha:

The liberal bottom feeding pond scum leftists out there hate us.  Simple as that.  They fear that which they can not control.  Their latest attempt to control us is with ridiculous gas prices. 

Are you saying I'm overly verbose, long winded...actually, when I'm just sitting around the garage I usually use more colorful language (that would get me banned here).

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

WHITE_TRASH

• Member since Feb '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: Mar 16, 2008, 10:33:54 AM »
Oh I understand what your saying totally....  I have a tendency to get on a wild tangent when Im passionate on a subject.  I'll get a mental butterfly and go in that direction leaving the original subject for a bit then coming back to it.  If I'm REALLY into something reading a reply from me is almost like reading drunken ramblings.  It takes a special person to understand me a lot of the time..  :gap:

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: Mar 16, 2008, 10:58:31 AM »

How dare you want to think for yourself!  Don't you know the lefties should do all your thinking for you?  Look, you're allowed your own opinions, just don't let them be known, big brother's there to make all your decisions for you!

I totally hate the fact that any alternative to gasoline seems like it'll potentially make something else more expensive, such as corn products going way up because everybody thinks corn based fuel is the bees knees.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

94MtnYote

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 6
  • Member since Oct '07
  • - 94 std cab-
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: Mar 16, 2008, 12:06:42 PM »
 It seems that most people controlling the price of oil are republicans considering the Bush administration is made up of folks that struck it rich on black gold.
22RE .30 over, mild cam, K&N, LCE header, 2.25'' pipe, high flow cat, Magnaflow.
 Marlin 1200LB clutch

no substitute for 4wheel drive.

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: Mar 17, 2008, 11:43:11 AM »
I've been noticing that since they mandated that 10% of my fuel is ethanol now, that my gas mileage has gone down to the point that I'm noticing a difference.  So, by trying to help reduce emissions, I'm having to buy more fuel on a weekly basis.  Oh!  Another thing about ethanol in gas, is you will have to change your fuel filter more. 

A co-worker has a jeep with a 4 cyl and drives one hour to work everyday, and she used to get four full trips (both ways) on a tank of gas, and now with the ethanol she only gets 3.5 trips!  So, she's loosing 60 miles to a tank of gas now.

Our biggest problem is we are too reliant on oil!  We need to start using more mass transit, or less trips to the stores.  Why do you need a SUV that will never see dirt?  Buy a minivan and get better gas mileage.  We just need to cut back on our consumption.  If we can cut down the amount of oil we have to get from foreign countries, the better the price per barrel.  Think about it, we need so much oil to fuel our excessive needs that we are willing to pay whatever they want to set the price at.  Basically, if they are over stocked with oil and if nobody is buying, they are going to lower the price.  Basic supply and demand.  But that will never happen.  It would also help if the fat cat politicians that are supposed to be our voice were actually our voice and do something. 
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: Mar 17, 2008, 08:33:40 PM »
What're you running, E85?  Isn't it substantially cheaper than regular gas, so the mileage difference evens out?
RIP KYOTA

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: Mar 17, 2008, 08:57:22 PM »
E85 ~ I think so! 
I paid $3.59 a gallon so I don't think its cheaper, or they are bending me over.  And they aren't using any lube!  :yikes:

Went to Portland this afternoon to visit Costco and Home Depot, I filled up the van at Costco for $3.29 a gallon!
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: Mar 17, 2008, 08:58:52 PM »
e85 around here costs more than 87 octane gas....
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~