Author Topic: Nub Rolled on the Slabs  (Read 4357 times)

toyotaboy

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 238
  • Member since Sep '02
    • View Profile
Nub Rolled on the Slabs
« on: Sep 11, 2006, 07:32:19 PM »
Thanks to all that helped me get Jeff's truck on its wheels and out of the trail. Thanks a million to the fj's that pulled her back over and a million thanks to DJ, if you see him on the trail tell him James says thank you again, hes not on the board but hes an awsome guy and lended a much needed helping hand. He drives an 84-88 white extra cab, 60 front, linked rear with coils, and an exo.

Thank you to Marlin for the help with the output shaft! it was much needed and greatly appreciated, If there is anything i can ever do for you let me know, Your service and helpful mentallity is more than greatly admired and appreciated. You sincerely love the hobby of 4wheeling and the people that come with it and dont focus on the possible finaincial aspect of a situation rather what you can do to help out another individual. Jeff (nub) the owner of the truck and i want you to know it is noticed, taken to heart, and greatly appreciated and will not be forgotten. Thank you again for your loyalty to your customers and fellow wheelers. also a thanks is due to Mrs. Marlin cause we all know shes the one thats letting Marlin get out and attend these events and without giving Marlin her permission there would still be many trucks stuck on the trail.

James Pierson
          -Toyotaboy
rest in peace Effay

01 taco needs, duals, front axle, linked rear, exo...

85 extra cab/cab for sale with efi harness. no drivetrain, will sell, make offer

toyotajoe

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 268
  • Member since Aug '03
  • IM HERE FOR A GOOD TIME NOT A LONG TIME
    • View Profile
Re: Nub Rolled on the Slabs
« Reply #1 on: Sep 12, 2006, 11:50:55 AM »
Hey sorry to hear about the roll. I heard that the lady that was riding with you went to the hospital at the same time Mark ( the rolled bronco ) was there. Hope you are both ok. Thanx for helping us with the rolled bronco. Thanx Joe
04 F-350 towing my 84 x-cab on 37's

I would rather put ifs on my truck than buy from Trail Gear

Blue Devil Toyota

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 29
  • Member since Mar '06
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sep 12, 2006, 12:21:53 PM »
Hey did you guys happen to get any pics of the Bronco while you were there?
"Woody"
Four Dice 4 Wheel Drive Club
San Jose CA

toyotaboy [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Sep '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sep 12, 2006, 12:37:47 PM »
we have a couple
rest in peace Effay

85 extra cab/cab for sale with efi harness. no drivetrain, will sell, make offer

Blue Devil Toyota

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Mar '06
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sep 12, 2006, 01:17:33 PM »
we have a couple

Can you please e-mail them to me.
b.martin@wessdel.com

Thanks,
Bernie
"Woody"
San Jose CA

sloyota

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 251
  • Male Posts: 818
  • Member since Mar '05
  • 1/4TiLTKrawlers.Petaluma,Ca. 707-766-9592
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sep 12, 2006, 03:34:34 PM »
hey Toyotaboy,i was the guy in the red 88 xtra cab that followed you till lil sluice.sorry to hear about the roll,hope the girl is ok,i heard her fingers got smashed,we were wondering what happened to you guys we never saw you at the springs,i had a couple of ice cold beers for you there..next time.. :beerchug:
I'm not responsable for my own action's.

toyotaboy [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Sep '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sep 12, 2006, 03:37:21 PM »
we made it in fine... just didnt quite make it out
rest in peace Effay

NUb

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 135
  • Male Posts: 164
  • Member since Apr '04
  • Represent the 805
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sep 12, 2006, 04:27:28 PM »
BIG thanks to James (toyotaboy) for taking care of everything. I don't know what I would of done with out his help. Another big thanks to Marlin him self for having every part i needed. from the 23 spline output shaft to bearing and the seal he had it all right there. He helped pull my truck to a nice repair spot, let us use his on-board air, and not only did he just get me the parts he got down and dirty to help us put them in. It was a honor to work with him. had he not burned up his welder helping everyone that he came a cross that needed it. He would of helped fix my frame too. Thank You Both.

As for the roll. It was one of those unexpected accidents that is unfortunate that it happened but could of been much worse and we are fortunate to both walk away. my girl friend lost the tip of her left middle finger right at the base of the nail bed.  it was the roll cage that cost her this, but with out it we might both of been much worse off. after the roll we went straight to the hospital in plaservile. we finally got out of the hospital at 11:00pm. James had met me and picked up my tow rig and headed back up the mountain to pick up my truck. got a ride home in our other tow rig and arrived home around 5:30am. James left with my truck at 3 AM and arrived home at about 7.
I would Take my truck offroad but then it would get dirty

94 exta cab 84 frame
4.88 electrics w/duals and 35's
Tacoma bed?

NUb

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 135
  • Male Posts: 164
  • Member since Apr '04
  • Represent the 805
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sep 12, 2006, 04:35:14 PM »
I also lost my Back pack at the springs Saturday night. It is a grey and black Dakine. which contains my favorite pair of pants and shorts. if anyone one has found hit or knows about it location it would be greatly appreciated

thanks
Jeff
I would Take my truck offroad but then it would get dirty

94 exta cab 84 frame
4.88 electrics w/duals and 35's
Tacoma bed?

Blue Devil Toyota

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Mar '06
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Sep 13, 2006, 07:24:35 AM »
I also lost my Back pack at the springs Saturday night. It is a grey and black Dakine. which contains my favorite pair of pants and shorts. if anyone one has found hit or knows about it location it would be greatly appreciated

thanks
Jeff

When we left the Spings there was one on the stage. The crew there was going to take it if it didn't get claimed. You can try to get hold of Marlin to find out who to contact.
Sorry about your GF. Hope she recovers well. Thanks for your help getting the Bronco over. I was the guy in the Woody shirt that was hiking the trail.
"Woody"
San Jose CA

Clifcattankass

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 108
  • Member since Dec '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
    • Please ban me!
          OK!
      I am banned!
« Reply #10 on: Sep 13, 2006, 10:44:42 PM »
Man, sorry to hear about all of that. I stopped and chatted for a few while marlin and everyone was wrenching on that t-case but thats pretty bad that you rolled. Was your gf's finger all that happened? That sucks about her finger but man, that looked pretty bad, it couldve been alot worse. Glad to hear everythings alright now.