Author Topic: Im lost help please!!  (Read 2030 times)

yotacrawler4

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -167
  • Male Posts: 137
  • Member since Mar '05
  • "Just hold it to the floor"
    • View Profile
Im lost help please!!
« on: Aug 31, 2006, 03:57:58 PM »
WEll i got a 94 yota 2wd DD, and just recently it started to when at normal running temp and at idle rev up and then down in about 1 to 3 second intervals, and at idle when i push the brakes it does it harder and faster. Now what i have done is reclean and adjust the TPS so its perfect and the check engine light flash fast meaning all system good. So now i have taken the brake booster line off to create a vac leak and still nothing changes, also when that line is off i push the brake and it still revs up and down harder and faster, so i took alot of the vac lines off and i retightened the intake nuts and bolts, sprayed brakeleen everywhere check if one way vaccum in line fliter things are working correctly and they are, and i still cant get this thing to run right im so damn lost, and its so damn embrassing when in traffic and at stop light s and its going rev up and down rev up and down, man please help any at all would help. Thanks jeff :turtle: :turtle:
86' yota, extra cab, duals, HP frnt with detroit 4.88s, V6 rear with detroit 4.88s, bobby super set, driveline tech dl's, neat lil upgrades on the way can someone say 4link and dovetail front...

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Re: Im lost help please!!
« Reply #1 on: Aug 31, 2006, 04:23:27 PM »
It really sounds like tps to me, that's pretty much what mine did too.  Not saying there are other possibilities, but you hafta have it just right when you adjust it.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

yotacrawler4 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -167
  • Male Posts: 137
  • Member since Mar '05
  • "Just hold it to the floor"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Aug 31, 2006, 04:27:32 PM »
i know what your saying i have done the tps before on my orange 4x4 in my picture and it was night and day and on this one the DD i have tired like 3 or 4 times and the check engine light says good to go. But do you think even if it says good could the tps just be bad and need replacing?
86' yota, extra cab, duals, HP frnt with detroit 4.88s, V6 rear with detroit 4.88s, bobby super set, driveline tech dl's, neat lil upgrades on the way can someone say 4link and dovetail front...

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Aug 31, 2006, 10:15:20 PM »
i know what your saying i have done the tps before on my orange 4x4 in my picture and it was night and day and on this one the DD i have tired like 3 or 4 times and the check engine light says good to go. But do you think even if it says good could the tps just be bad and need replacing?

ya :yupyup:  I'm pretty sure that my TPS is bad, and my check engine light also says everything is bad.  I just have no $$ to go fix it :smack:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

Riddett

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 35
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Not Many Rocks, but we got mud in Virginia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sep 06, 2006, 09:15:42 AM »
Believe it or not you have to adjust the idle speed.
Your idle speed is to high. Use google and you find
a guy who did an enorous write-up. And most commonly
the idle was too high.

Addicted Offroad

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 236
  • Member since Jun '06
    • View Profile
    • www.addictedoffroad.com
« Reply #5 on: Sep 06, 2006, 01:03:57 PM »
Believe it or not you have to adjust the idle speed.
Your idle speed is to high. Use google and you find
a guy who did an enorous write-up. And most commonly
the idle was too high.

This one?
http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/CheapTricks/TPS/index.shtml#ThrottlePositionSensor

Does anyone know off hand if the TPS could cause the A/T to not downshift periodically?