Author Topic: No good or evil?  (Read 3940 times)

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
Re: No good or evil?
« Reply #30 on: Aug 09, 2006, 09:43:54 PM »

If I choke my chicken it's a good thing
  :ack: TMI
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Aug 09, 2006, 11:02:53 PM »
I don’t think he’s a moron. He’s very bright actually.

Intelligence has no bearing whatsoever on whether or not a person is a moron.  Some of the smartest people in the world have difficulty making even the simplest decisions or being able to socially interact, which I believe would be an idiot savant (sp?). 

Those who are of the mindset that there is no right and wrong should be culled from the heard, thus removing any chance they may hold a position of power where they may have the ability to bring into law such ways of mis-logic.

Perhaps mr. wonderful should consider the possibility of having his ficticious 12 year old daughter raped.  Would this be right, wrong or socially acceptable?  If it were to happen, would he just stand between the girl and her rapist, pat both on the shoulder and say "now nobody should feel bad about what's transpired here, it's just ok!"?!  Ofcourse not, if he had any nuts of his own, he'd cut off the ones of the attacker and feed them to him! 

As was said by him in the other thread, he only pops in to add his opinions on the threads he finds "controversial".  Such is the way of the far left wing liberals.  Same way they do it at rallies and such, stand up and scream as loud as possible till people are just tired of hearing you.  Wear em down.

RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Aug 10, 2006, 05:40:58 AM »
 :imwithstupid:

and of course John Wayne Gacy and Jeffrey Dahmer had different perspectives on the best way to dispose of boys and young men. JW preferred to just bury them in his basement, while good ol Jeff liked his with some fava beans and a nice chianti.  :yesnod: 

to each their own ...
« Last Edit: Aug 10, 2006, 02:31:36 PM by MrsWillyMammoth »
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

germ

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 349
  • Male Posts: 733
  • Member since Dec '04
  • Work sucks, I'm goin' wheelin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Aug 11, 2006, 07:33:03 PM »
Premarital sex was frequent in the 40’s…it was a social taboo, not evil. I feel it is at the very least…unwise. However, marriage is strictly man’s invention…I can’t quote the Bible, but I know of no example in the Bible where there was a marriage ceremony. Rather a man and a woman are considered to be married when they engage in sex

I have to agree, it was probably not the best example. However, my point was more to show how societal standards shift, and not exactly point at something evil. I think the example of the Holocaust, and 9-11 are excellent examples of evil personfied.

The holocaust is a very good example of evil and of how we, as societies in general, can either prevent evil or let it blossom. The German people gave tacit approval to the death camps by not standing up against evil. In the same way “good” Muslims are as guilty as the suicide bombers because they stand by saying “we are a religion of peace”.

You bring up an excellent point here. It's not so much wheter evil exists or not, it is possibly more important what "we" who are not evil do about it!

Erik :usa:
* Regardless of what happens, someone will find a way to take it too seriously.
* 2% rule: Must be 2% smarter than what your working on.
* If you make something even a fool can use, only a fool will use it.
* I've been crapping in the woods longer than lil'buddy has been alive!

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Aug 12, 2006, 05:57:35 AM »
If you are not part of the solution your are part of the problem.  :usa: 
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit: