Author Topic: crazy motorbike video  (Read 2901 times)

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
crazy motorbike video
« on: Jul 30, 2006, 12:31:06 AM »
It's about 5 minutes, so not too dial up friendly.  These guys have SOME skill, though the camera guy seems to have a hard time figuring out how to properly downshift, and neither has a good perception of the double yellow or blind corners.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtM9grPU6Jc&NR
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Turtle Points: 2205
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
Re: crazy motorbike video
« Reply #1 on: Jul 30, 2006, 12:44:56 AM »
Man those guys are hauling butt. What size biokes are those? At least what? 900?
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jul 30, 2006, 01:51:04 AM »
The one in front is a ducati 999 I believe, but it could be a 749, you could get either in yellow.  You can tell by the particular style of undertail exhaust.  Oddly enough I saw my first 999 in person today when a bunch of bikes stopped by my work.  The camera guy is on a gixxer it looks like, probably a 1000, but maybe a 750.  He needs a slipper clutch with his poor downshifts, but he'd be better off if he just figured out the right way to do it, or didn't worry so much about revving it so high.  I do like the way he flicks it so quickly into the turns though, very much like my style.  Probably the last time I rode like this (crossing the double yellows and such) was the time I had the privelage of holding up a 220lb friend on the side of a steep cliff for way too long.  I was following him, my friend following me, but we both held back when he passed riders in the wrong lane in a blind corner.  Several corners later we found him and 2 other guys down.  Well, the 2 guys were at the top of the hill, we didn't know he went over till I heard the death moan a ways down in the bushes.  Good times!
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Willy Mammoth

• Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 4,252
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jul 30, 2006, 05:06:05 AM »
NUTZ
:usa: American by birth, redneck by choice. 

Making Of http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=6472.0  

Sightings Of  http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=10805.0

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jul 30, 2006, 05:09:32 AM »
Looks like a couple Darwin Award candidates to me.
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jul 30, 2006, 08:02:47 AM »
Looks like a couple Darwin Award candidates to me.

Loved this! But I agree they're future hood ornaments! I'd like to help them along...open my door as they passed me!
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jul 30, 2006, 10:26:14 PM »
The way they ride, they won't need anybodys' help!  I agree that they are riding stupidly(word?), but they do have some pretty damn good skill to back it up.  I have no idea how mr camera man keeps locking up the rear then pitching it into the corner.  That's just crazy frickin backward!  They have some other vids from the same dudes, but I have dial up so I won't be watching them.  Or will I.....
RIP KYOTA

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jul 30, 2006, 11:27:19 PM »
The way they ride, they won't need anybodys' help!  I agree that they are riding stupidly(word?), but they do have some pretty damn good skill to back it up.  I have no idea how mr camera man keeps locking up the rear then pitching it into the corner.  That's just crazy frickin backward!  They have some other vids from the same dudes, but I have dial up so I won't be watching them.  Or will I.....

If they're posted somewhere would you send me a link?
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jul 31, 2006, 12:48:29 AM »
When you're watching the video they're just to the right.  Look at the video title, which is 2 of a series, and match it to a few of the other vids next to it.  I watched the first one for this ride, and the camera dude was messin up even worse.  Even when he blipped the throttle on downshifts he still would lock it up :headscratch: 

I'm figuring they're somewhere in europe, considering the speedo is in km rather than mph. 
RIP KYOTA

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jul 31, 2006, 07:37:25 AM »
When you're watching the video they're just to the right.  Look at the video title, which is 2 of a series, and match it to a few of the other vids next to it.  I watched the first one for this ride, and the camera dude was messin up even worse.  Even when he blipped the throttle on downshifts he still would lock it up :headscratch: 

I'm figuring they're somewhere in europe, considering the speedo is in km rather than mph. 

They're in Greece.

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Jul 31, 2006, 09:04:19 AM »
Interesting.  I'm really surprised by the utter lack of panic from the motorists, especially considering what you would be able to expect doing that in the states.  I figured it was in another country where they're far more used to seeing bikes constantly.
RIP KYOTA

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Jul 31, 2006, 09:58:34 AM »
Interesting.  I'm really surprised by the utter lack of panic from the motorists, especially considering what you would be able to expect doing that in the states.  I figured it was in another country where they're far more used to seeing bikes constantly.

What stuff? You mean like passing between 2 cars on the double yellow while doing a wheelie...you think that would raise some eybrows here in the states?

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)