Author Topic: A very adventurous day at Carnegie  (Read 4576 times)

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
A very adventurous day at Carnegie
« on: Apr 21, 2006, 07:29:45 AM »
So yesterday mornin I got to Carnegie SVRA around 11AM.  I met up with 8Snaces and we wheeled around a bit till we watched this stock yota on 31's "dip" into the mud pit.  :yikes:

Needless to say about a tie down and 3 vehicles later, we got em out.  Worked on it for bout 4 hours to get er goin, but she never did fire, they had to tow it home :down:

After we get the lil yota out, along comes another friend of mine in his F-150 on 35" Mickey Thompsons.... Now he's a bit taller and wider than the yota, so why not give her a shot :smack:

2 more 4x4's later using my same tie down, we got him out.  Pulled all the spark plugs, blew out the mud, and she fired right up no probs, he drove her home :yupyup:

Well you know they always say, the third time's the charm right? WRONG!!!! Along comes this surburban on 38's :ack: He figures he can make it goin the opposite direction.  He makes it pretty far... until his rear drops where the fronts of the other 2 trucks was.  Now picture this.  A late 80's surburban with a huge lift to be sittin on top of 38's, sittin in a puddle up to his rear window :doh: about 4 hours later, 6 trucks, a taco'd tailgate and 5 towstraps, I left.

Does the adventure end there? HECK no.... I couldn't have this peaceful ride home :nope: I was drivin through the creek headed out to the road (by this time I had gone home to get my ford to try to pull the 'Burb out), tryin to rinse my truck off a bit.  I came up out of the creek bed and heard this terrible metal clankin sound :smack: ... I get out, look at my chassis and everythin was fine :headscratch: Then it hit me... I knew it as soon as I saw my pass side tire was still attatched.  I had tossed my redtop onto my alternator :smack: :doh: Well, I pulled it up, observed the damage (cracked terminal and a few chunks out of the edge of the battery), tied it down again, and finally headed home.

Unfortunately I didn't get any pics of the burb, but I did get a pic of the "puddle" that I almost dipped into with the Migo :yikes: Well, I came home 2 towstraps short with a strained/sprained wrist and ankle :smack:

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

rlwjaw

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -123
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: A very adventurous day at Carnegie
« Reply #1 on: Apr 21, 2006, 10:46:47 AM »
Next time you are going to be out there give me a pm and I will meet you and get some pictures of the TOYMIGA. I am sure the gang would like to see more of you and your machine.

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #2 on: Apr 21, 2006, 02:00:03 PM »
 :shake: Sometimes I wonder about these kids, no matter how many times you tell them not to play in the mud........

:rofl:
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Apr 21, 2006, 02:06:25 PM »
and invest in a good snatch strap :slap: (or is that what you were referring to tiedown straps?)
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

Wermz84

• Rock Nerd!
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 921
  • Male Posts: 3,518
  • Member since May '05
  • Ouch My Eye!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Apr 21, 2006, 02:09:25 PM »

You Rock FFC  :rockingout:

sounds like an adventursome day..
I like to Drive!

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #5 on: Apr 21, 2006, 02:14:06 PM »
and invest in a good snatch strap :slap: (or is that what you were referring to tiedown straps?)

Why does that make me think of a G-string? :rofl:
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

Wermz84

• Rock Nerd!
  • Member since May '05
  • Ouch My Eye!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Apr 21, 2006, 02:14:19 PM »
I like to Drive!

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Apr 21, 2006, 02:16:35 PM »

knowing her, I doubt it :hahaha:  :bolt:

FFC, remember, YOU DON"T HAVE A FRONT DRIVESHAFT!!!! 
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Apr 21, 2006, 02:39:13 PM »
Looks like fun. I coulda made it through that!  :screwy: hahahaha.  One thing I've learned about Toyotas; ½ way up the headlights = OK, covering headlights = BAD!
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

Wermz84

• Rock Nerd!
  • Member since May '05
  • Ouch My Eye!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Apr 21, 2006, 02:50:59 PM »
One thing I've learned about Toyotas; ½ way up the headlights = OK, covering headlights = BAD!

::)  That's a good tip DTB.    :biggthumpup:    :ha_ha:

I like to Drive!

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #10 on: Apr 21, 2006, 04:43:00 PM »

Yes MrsW, I busted a 30,000lb tow strap as well as one of those 3" wide tie down straps :smack: :down: Now I don't have nothin for when I get stuck :rivers: .... Oh yeah, I have a nice chain :greengrin:

BD, in case you didn't notice.... I DIDN'T GET STUCK!!! :nana: So front driveshaft or not, I still was able to wheel around (went over the medium rockpile :yupyup: )

Hey rlwjaw.... I'll letya know fer sure!! :thumbs:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Apr 21, 2006, 04:47:06 PM »
Yes MrsW, I busted a 30,000lb tow strap as well as one of those 3" wide tie down straps :smack: :down: Now I don't have nothin for when I get stuck :rivers: .... Oh yeah, I have a nice chain :greengrin:

BD, in case you didn't notice.... I DIDN'T GET STUCK!!! :nana: So front driveshaft or not, I still was able to wheel around (went over the medium rockpile :yupyup: )

Hey rlwjaw.... I'll letya know fer sure!! :thumbs:

yeah, but I know you, you were lined up to go into that puddle right behind that toy :yupyup:  deny it all you want, I know the only reason we don't have pics of you stuck is because you saw him do it.  Am I right??   :yesnod:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

-Ronald Reagan

unclejpl4x4

• Turtle Points: 348
  • Male Posts: 3,522
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Broke & rusted
    • View Profile
    • myspace
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #12 on: Apr 21, 2006, 04:54:48 PM »
whens a set of 44 bogers when u need them :smack:

someone had fun  not me tho :down:
build thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39214.0
CB install http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=45467.0
roundeyes http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=33294.0;highlight=round+eyes
LC exhaust head 2 tip, EB RVstreethead O/S valves,EB  268c/torker cam , .20 over , metal t-chain wear pads
MARLIN clutch 1200, master clutch cly

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Apr 21, 2006, 04:59:11 PM »

I hope the chain comment was a joke. You do NOT snatch with a chain! :yikes:

And BD is right isn't he... you were totally set up to put the Migo in that puddle :spankbutt: Don't kill it before you get it done!

Where's the Mammoth rescue vehicle when you need it?
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #14 on: Apr 21, 2006, 07:39:00 PM »
To be honest you guys, I considered it for about a half second.... I decided that the Migo ain't a mud rig.  The only reason it came home muddy is cuz I was tryin to help my friend's truck out :doh: After we got the yota out, I was walkin along the side of the pit and saw my tire tracks from 2 hours before when I was considering dippin into it with one tire :smack: , I was like 3" close :yikes: I couldn't believe it! :doh:

unclejpl4x4

• Turtle Points: 348
  • Male Posts: 3,522
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Broke & rusted
    • View Profile
    • myspace
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #15 on: Apr 22, 2006, 06:39:59 AM »
silly rabbit 
build thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39214.0
CB install http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=45467.0
roundeyes http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=33294.0;highlight=round+eyes
LC exhaust head 2 tip, EB RVstreethead O/S valves,EB  268c/torker cam , .20 over , metal t-chain wear pads
MARLIN clutch 1200, master clutch cly

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Apr 22, 2006, 10:23:20 AM »
To be honest you guys, I considered it for about a half second.... I decided that the Migo ain't a mud rig.  The only reason it came home muddy is cuz I was tryin to help my friend's truck out :doh: After we got the yota out, I was walkin along the side of the pit and saw my tire tracks from 2 hours before when I was considering dippin into it with one tire :smack: , I was like 3" close :yikes: I couldn't believe it! :doh:

:bull crap: :lipsrsealed: :bolt:

-Ronald Reagan