Author Topic: USDA ANTI-MUDDING VIDEO (not dial up friendly)  (Read 4492 times)

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
USDA ANTI-MUDDING VIDEO (not dial up friendly)
« on: Mar 23, 2006, 04:17:15 PM »
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 759
  • Male Posts: 13,855
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
Re: USDA ANTI-MUDDING VIDEO (not dial up friendly)
« Reply #1 on: Mar 23, 2006, 04:34:11 PM »
Some of it is understandable when it comes to a wetland, but existing trails is stupid.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

DTB [OP]

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Mar 23, 2006, 04:50:28 PM »
Yeah, I love Mother Earth too and hate to see it spoiled by stupid people.  I do try to stay on existing trails for the most part but sometimes trailblazing is unavoidable.  RS, it's really just a matter of common sense when it comes to where you drive. Sometimes I forget myself when I'm :driving:  Private property is ok but you have to be careful in National Forests and such. Damn, I feel like a hippie now 
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

94runner

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 107
  • Male Posts: 279
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Mar 23, 2006, 05:07:59 PM »
Yeah, I love Mother Earth too and hate to see it spoiled by stupid people.  I do try to stay on existing trails for the most part but sometimes trailblazing is unavoidable.  RS, it's really just a matter of common sense when it comes to where you drive. Sometimes I forget myself when I'm :driving:  Private property is ok but you have to be careful in National Forests and such. Damn, I feel like a hippie now 

X2

1994 4runner: toy axles, 37's, armor,

DTB [OP]

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Mar 23, 2006, 05:10:10 PM »
It's like a catch-22; I love mudding and ripping crap up but at the same time I love nature and hate to see it spoiled.  That's one of the main reasons why I wheel is to see the beautiful scenery. 
RIP KYOTA

wa4x4

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -310
  • Male Posts: 1,569
  • Member since Jul '05
  • I'm about to tear the curb up
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Mar 23, 2006, 05:15:22 PM »
That's why I don't like straight going into mud and crap like that. It's called trails. And I wish that hippies could accept that we will do what we are going to do and they can't stop us from using our 4x4's. I want to stop the dumb people as much as the next person, but the real wheelers should not be affected by tree huggers.
2007 Satin white pearl STi- mostly stock
2006 WRX TR 320whp 343wtq, taken in a road rage wreck
1998 4runner, needs to become wheeler status

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #6 on: Mar 23, 2006, 05:27:06 PM »
Sometimes I don't understand what they are thinking. Just like what happened at Deep Creek a few years ago, the nature nazi's were complaining about siltation in the creek when 4x4's would drive through. They kept saying that it was killing the fishy's down stream. Well they fixed it all-right, they built a bridge over it. Now everyone and their sister can drive across and park on the other side so they all can go swimming in the creek and create 10 times the siltation as the kiddies splash around in the creek.  :shake:

Willy Mammoth

• Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 4,252
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Mar 23, 2006, 06:30:26 PM »
They can bulldoze more acres than we use to play in to build more concrete buildings and asphalt parking lots that cause more polluted run off than we cause buy mudding, but that is OK cause they are involved in stopping us from using public lands for our own pleasure so they can destroy the same lands for their own financial gain.

Who is the real problem here?

It sure as hell ain't me and my muddy friends.
:usa: American by birth, redneck by choice. 

Making Of http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=6472.0  

Sightings Of  http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=10805.0

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Mar 23, 2006, 06:46:24 PM »
:imwithstupid:
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #9 on: Mar 23, 2006, 06:49:33 PM »
RS> :puke3:<Nature Nazi

DTB [OP]

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
They can bulldoze more acres than we use to play in to build more concrete buildings and asphalt parking lots that cause more polluted run off than we cause buy mudding, but that is OK cause they are involved in stopping us from using public lands for our own pleasure so they can destroy the same lands for their own financial gain.

Good Point! It seems like if there's money involved, destroying the land is OK.  WTF????? hahaha>>>>http://webpages.csus.edu/~sac55025/party.htm
RIP KYOTA

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
im so glad i live in arkansas
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
Glen you are the final frontier once the borg convert us they will be coming for you too.

Willy Mammoth

• Male Posts: 4,252
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile

Good Point! It seems like if there's money involved, destroying the land is OK.  WTF????? hahaha>>>>http://webpages.csus.edu/~sac55025/party.htm

What about all those critters then, I guess seeing them all bloated on the side of the road is better than a few tracks in the mud or the run off from that new mall nobody needs is better than a little silt from crossing a stream.

But it's all our fault and we are second class citizens for enjoying our selves the way we do.
:usa: American by birth, redneck by choice. 

Making Of http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=6472.0  

Sightings Of  http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=10805.0

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Turtle Points: 2124
  • Male Posts: 18,291
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
Wow. What the heck was that video about. What a complete waste of time. Who ever produced that video needs to provide more facts and data, not just some poll of local college kiddies.

I agree that we are environmentalists ourselves. I mean I love getting out of this crappy polluted and noisy city and camping up in the nature where only my truck and others like it are capable of reaching. If they had a rock garden right in the middle of town I promise you I will not have as much fun as I do when I go into the mountains.

And I completely agree that most of it is just plain ignorance. Why the heck were people driving into that lake? That is horrible! Also stay on designated trails. Isn't that what the heart of the Tread Lightly foundation is all about? Who are these punks? They are making it look bad for the rest of us, and I'll tell you what, it's gonna be those ignorant people that will get all of our trails taken away from us. :maddest:

:rant:

AMEN BROTH'A! :_order:
BigMike
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
Stupid, but unfortunately, there are idiots that make everyone else look bad.  Its just an indicator of what kind of society we're living in.  We go to absurd lengths to preserve endangered species, and get vehicles out of the woods, but then we pave over everything else, and when animals die, its ok, because they're a nuisance ('coons, squirrels, opossums, etc.) 

I remember where I went to high school, there used to be an old farmer, would let the local wheelers mud in his field during the winter.  He figured he was just gonna till it up anyway.  He'd even go out with his tractor and help pull people out.  He said it reminded him of when he was a youngster, and he knew how we were getting our play areas taken away.  (construction in my area)  Now he doesn't do that any more, because some jack :moon: rolled, got hurt, and tried to sue him.  It's not worth it to him anymore.   That is the way society is.  Its everyone for themselves, and F%&k the rest!!

If there is $$ to be gained, it'll be gained, if a cement truck can get to it, lets pave it!!  There is no middle ground, its either untouchablbe, or its paved over

:psss:  When I get a good job, and get some land, ya'll are wlecome to come play :thumbs:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

pyrotec220

• Offline Rock Master
  • Male Posts: 218
  • Member since Nov '05
  • rock solid
    • View Profile
    • myspace-- although i use facebook
I AGREE WITH everything everyone has said.  Blackdog that story sounds so familiar basically the same thing happend to my cousins. thank gosh that i have a ton of cousins who have 1000 + acre farms we can go to.

S-10 Stewy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 127
  • Male Posts: 161
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Guys and Gals ... IT SUCKS!!!!!  I am sooo very much in agreement with all of you.  Unfortunately, it mostly revolves around something called politics, personal beliefs and red tape BS!!! :bull crap:

Almost 2 years ago, behind the office here, next to the river they were (county workers) building a bike path and clearing ALL of the underbrush out.  Backhoe's, trucks, rollers, Dump trucks, cranes, etc. etc. ..... you get the picture.  All of them working at and all around a very large sign that said this:  :headscratch: "DO NOT DISTURB THE WILDLIFE, STAY OUT."  :headscratch: I kid you not, it was funny as hel_!!!  The sign is still there to this day.  Hypocritical bastages I tell you! :screwy:
It's built Chevy tough with Toyota stuff!

RustyToy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 481
  • Member since Dec '03
    • View Profile
was this video suposed to be funny? cause it was kinda funny.
I'd like to quit thinking of the present as some minor insignificant preamble to something else~~~~~

DTB [OP]

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
http://www.devo.com/tft/hippie/hippie12.html If you hate tree-huggers too, click here to join the Anti-Hippie Action League.  :rofl2:
RIP KYOTA

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 199
  • Male Posts: 1,616
  • Member since Jan '05
  • irish redhead texan, interesting combo
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
what that video (and hippies) refuse to accept is that the vast majority of us wheelers stick to the tread lightly policy and are environmentalists ourselves. this last weekend a bunch of my friends decided to go mudding on the cities property (no tresspassing signs everywhere) and got themselves stuck, wanted me to come pull em out.

heh, screw em, now everyone of them has a 1,500 dollar fine, plus a towing fee.
if you can't follow the tread lightly policy and completely disrespect the law, i aint gonna help you out.
read and comment :whip:

USAF EOD tech