Author Topic: How long will free shipping last??  (Read 2182 times)

wmflyfisher

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 89
  • Male Posts: 194
  • Member since Sep '04
  • 85 Pickup, 94 4runner
    • View Profile
How long will free shipping last??
« on: Feb 24, 2006, 07:48:08 AM »
I have noticed that Trail Gear and Marlin is offering free shipping on their leaf springs. That is awesome b/c someone rear ended me yesterday and bent my leaf springs!! A little civic ran all the way up under the back of my truck and busted their windshield! Everyone was ok but it was pretty sick! Time to buy some new ones! Its going to take me a few weeks to get the insurance money so how long are these offers avaliable? Also, I'm looking at 4" rear springs for my 85. Both marlin and trail gear have the same price, $299. Does any one know if theses springs are made by the same manufacturer? There the import springs. Trying to decide who to give my business to as well? Help!  :headscratch: 

FIREBALL

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 190
  • Member since Feb '03
  • Hi Ho Marlin....u talkin to me
    • View Profile
Re: How long will free shipping last??
« Reply #1 on: Feb 24, 2006, 08:04:45 AM »
The answer to your last question is obvious. You're on the Marlin Crawler board and Marlin has the best customer support hands down. Just try and get Chris Geiger to spend 2 minutes on the phone to answer a question about your install or anything else.
As for the springs, last I knew they were the same but that could have changed.

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 759
  • Male Posts: 13,855
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #2 on: Feb 28, 2006, 01:40:54 PM »
Personally I don't know TG's support and tech for their product line, but they have really cool tent's. Marlin's tech support is unrivalled for 2 reasons, Marlin's staff knows what they sell and this board. This board is support for anything MarlinCrawler sells, most members here either have done or helped someone install the products sold here. You can't beat that type of support, real life install tech. If you ask here you could find out the issues that will arise before you even make the first twist of a nut. I think (don't know for sure) that TG can only hope to build such a large free tech support that MC has.
 :thumbs: 
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1088
  • Male Posts: 9,756
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Feb 28, 2006, 09:07:30 PM »
They too have a board, but it's only a drop in marlin's bucket.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!