Author Topic: 2005 TAXES  (Read 1621 times)

blackdiamond

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,052
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
2005 TAXES
« on: Jan 19, 2006, 08:11:07 PM »
I finally started my tax return tonight...I am one of the odd few that gets them done ASAP.  The only problem is that I am waiting for a bunch of information.  I have my W-2 and 1098's for my student loan interest and home mortgages, but I am still waiting for my wife's W-2, multiple (not even sure how many at this point) 1098's for student loan interest and our charitable contribution information (which is a significant portion).

Also, my wife got a huge student loan repayment this year ($50,000) that isn't taxable, but it seems that if I don't report it in some way I am just setting myself up for an audit since all deposits over $10,000 are reported to the IRS.  Any ideas?  :dunno:

Are there any CPAs on the board?  I live in Washington so no state taxes.  :yesnod: It makes things easier :)
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

blackdiamond [OP]

• Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,052
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: 2005 TAXES
« Reply #1 on: Feb 06, 2006, 09:44:56 PM »
 :maddest:  :maddest:  :tantrum:  :tantrum:  :maddest:  :maddest:  :tantrum:  :tantrum:

I just realized that instead of getting a nice refund, I own the IRS $2,400!

I don't know how it is possible with the amount of deductions that we have and what we claimed  :confused:  :confused:  :confused:

:rivers:  :rivers:  :rivers:  :rivers:

So much for the refund paying for the Moab trip.

:tantrum:  :maddest:  :tantrum:  :maddest:
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

lilbuddy

• Dried Fruit Warrior
  • Turtle Points: -234
  • Male Posts: 5,720
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Hella....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Feb 06, 2006, 09:47:34 PM »
Did my taxes and im getting 198 bucks back. Well, I didnt do them, my mom did them for me. Ahhh the joys of still living at home....
RIP Kyota.... you are the man

GET IT!!!

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1051
  • Male Posts: 9,755
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Feb 06, 2006, 10:12:31 PM »
Oh Chris, don't tell me your mom did your EZ forms for you?!  I dunno if I'd post that.

I did mine in record time this year.  Our company, for whatever reason, doesn't like to send out our forms till the absolute last second so I only got them last week.  I forgot em in my truck the first day, but since I usually procrastinate till it's really late so I decided to do em the second day after getting them.  It was late, but I figured rather than let the finished forms lay around for a few months (I've done that before) I'd just drive to town and mail em that night.  Not getting a lot, but enough to do something with, and if I sell some other stuff soon I might finally snag that .357 I've been wanting for so long.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

whiteman

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 669
  • Male Posts: 1,276
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #4 on: Feb 06, 2006, 10:43:56 PM »
Hey My mom did mine and I am getting $226 dolla bills. :gap:

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Feb 07, 2006, 11:31:22 AM »
Oh Chris, don't tell me your mom did your EZ forms for you?!  I dunno if I'd post that.

I did mine in record time this year.  Our company, for whatever reason, doesn't like to send out our forms till the absolute last second so I only got them last week.  I forgot em in my truck the first day, but since I usually procrastinate till it's really late so I decided to do em the second day after getting them.  It was late, but I figured rather than let the finished forms lay around for a few months (I've done that before) I'd just drive to town and mail em that night.  Not getting a lot, but enough to do something with, and if I sell some other stuff soon I might finally snag that .357 I've been wanting for so long.

I usually end up dong the extension, then procratinating until I'm doing them the day before the extension runs out :smack:  I'm gonna get them in by April this year :yupyup:  got the last w2 I was waiting for yesterday :woohoo:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #6 on: Feb 07, 2006, 11:43:15 AM »
For the last several years I've ended up owing $500 :tantrum: My grandpa/boss said he'd adjust my tax papers so I don't owe anymore... we'll see :crossed:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

wa4x4

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -310
  • Male Posts: 1,569
  • Member since Jul '05
  • I'm about to tear the curb up
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Feb 07, 2006, 04:10:29 PM »
My dad did mine, I got 25 bucks back!

That's like....a dinner for two YAY. I didn't make much in 2005.
2007 Satin white pearl STi- mostly stock
2006 WRX TR 320whp 343wtq, taken in a road rage wreck
1998 4runner, needs to become wheeler status