Author Topic: anyone running a all pro flatbed on there ride??  (Read 3155 times)

toynizzy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -43
  • Male Posts: 125
  • Member since Aug '05
  • wheel it till it breaks then fix and go again!!
    • View Profile
anyone running a all pro flatbed on there ride??
« on: Jan 16, 2006, 09:37:47 PM »
well im thinking of getting the all pro flatbed kit and was wanting to know if any or u had it and how it was to install and what if any problems/extra stuff u had to get with that kit??any pics and ifo will be apreciated thanxxx  :beer:

brian
85 xtra cab pretty stock for now but lots of stuff to come!!

Short_Bus

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 23
  • Member since Jan '06
  • Short Bus Rules
    • View Profile
    • We-Go-Offroad
Yep, got one from Christmas and so far I've had several issues come up.  First, if you have a body lift of any kind you'll have to raise the Halo bar up some because it will put it too far under the cab line (top of cab).  Second, be prepared to do some cutting because several of the pieces were not the right length and a couple were almost too short.  Third, there are absolutely no instructions as to where the pieces go so set aside some time to stare at them...haha.   :headscratch:

Other than that, mine is almost complete, just have to put the flat stock on so I can mount my floor and sides.   :flamer:
82 Yota
Propane Powered
5.29 Locked F&R
38" Beadlocked Swampers

skid

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 144
  • Male Posts: 295
  • Member since Oct '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
For me after shipping, it would have been cheaper to have someone local do it.  The design kinda removes allot of the functional space of the bed.  X2 on the re-cutting of pieces.  Built a swing down tail gate to hold my spare tire.
Since this pic, I've put a cross box in front for storage.  In hind sight, I should have mounted the side bars higher.  The tires rub under compression.

Diggin a hole with plastic
90 ext cab toy, short 40 Iroks, detroit and diamond, mco8-r10 duals with twin stick, 4.7 gears and 30 spline Longs/hub gears-studs

toynizzy [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -43
  • Male Posts: 125
  • Member since Aug '05
  • wheel it till it breaks then fix and go again!!
    • View Profile
short bus did u raise the fenders on ur flatbed?they look taller than others ive seen but thats not alot lol.im getting my tax money all mapped out and i want a flatbed but maybe something else would be better right now,i cant afford the whole kit for my ride right now and it needs everything including some help running right,i figured the flatbed would give me sumthin to do while i save up for some engine work/parts.maybe order some aussie lockers f/r and gears or dual adapter and x-member,i dunno but i wanna start getting it ready for wheelin' im already missing all the winter fun runs GRRRRRR!!!!!! thanx for the info all
85 xtra cab pretty stock for now but lots of stuff to come!!

skid

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 144
  • Male Posts: 295
  • Member since Oct '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
With no instructions, everything is put it where you want it.  Then cut it to make it fit.
Diggin a hole with plastic
90 ext cab toy, short 40 Iroks, detroit and diamond, mco8-r10 duals with twin stick, 4.7 gears and 30 spline Longs/hub gears-studs

Short_Bus

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 23
  • Member since Jan '06
  • Short Bus Rules
    • View Profile
    • We-Go-Offroad
short bus did u raise the fenders on ur flatbed?they look taller than others ive seen but thats not alot lol.

Yeah, I figured I would raise them some because my plan is to eventually 4-link the rear so I wanted as much travel as I could get. 
82 Yota
Propane Powered
5.29 Locked F&R
38" Beadlocked Swampers

babypig

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Member since Sep '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
i put one on my first truck and then on my second just made my own from the old measurements. nice kit but yeah the shipping killed it. but if you don't have the know how to build one then buy it. check out my old blue truck and my "new" yellow truck. will have the motor and stuff back in the yellow truck before tellico. check it out and leave comments at the bottom of the pics , just click on comments and follow the directions. the trailer on there is for sale also. www.babypigsmotorsports.blogspot.com

toyoda

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -137
  • Member since May '02
  • http://my4x4tv.com/
    • View Profile
    • Yoda offroad tripz
flat bed intergrated with an interior cage.

If you don't know why I have a "D" in Toyoda you don't know Toyotas!!
http://my4x4tv.com/