Poll

Should members with the DUSTY TRAILS rating be able to post in the FOR SALE section of the BBS?

NO, they should have time on the board to weed out scammers and/or spammers.
16 (61.5%)
Sure, let them hustle their junk, but buyer beware!
7 (26.9%)
Who cares?
3 (11.5%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: A Marlin Crawler BBS Suggestion  (Read 8938 times)

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
Re: A Marlin Crawler BBS Suggestion
« Reply #60 on: Jan 23, 2006, 03:04:49 PM »
I'm surprised this thread is still going.  I didn't think there was much question as to the majority's opinion :hammerhead:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Jan 23, 2006, 04:27:47 PM »
There is very much to question (or debate).

I originally posted a YES, but have come to rethink it. I see no reason why a person must be required to post extraneous chitchat in order to sell something that someone here might be more then happy to have. Posting 25 posts is not going to prove anything about the seller.

I completely agree with the BUYER BEWARE mentality. I personally would not purchase anything from anyone that does not take Paypal, and like someone else mentioned, RS I think, if it an expensive exchange you can use an escrow go-between, that way both parties are protected.

If you are going to send a money order it is the same as sending cash. Hope for the best, but expect the worst. Take your chances, but be prepared to write it off and don't be surprised if you get burned.

Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Jan 23, 2006, 11:14:27 PM »
Still think it's funny when I see those scams on ebay and ask them if it would just be easier if I gave them my account # so they could just pull out the money themselves, and they don't realize I'm not serious!
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!