Author Topic: looking for ideas on the xtra cab part of my 85  (Read 2086 times)

toynizzy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -43
  • Male Posts: 125
  • Member since Aug '05
  • wheel it till it breaks then fix and go again!!
    • View Profile
looking for ideas on the xtra cab part of my 85
« on: Dec 31, 2005, 09:41:54 PM »
well when i got my 85 xtra cab the xtra part was gotted out so now im looking for ideas on what to do with it to make it more usefull,i figured that some one on here has some great idea on what they did to there ride so im open to ideas let me know thanxxx
85 xtra cab pretty stock for now but lots of stuff to come!!

jimbo74

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
install a seat back there, maybe a custom toolbox?
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

toybuilt

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -275
  • Male Posts: 1,116
  • Member since Feb '05
  • toy + chevy = Toy-vie
    • View Profile
Its a good spot to keep all your supply's while your crawlin.
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road

1983 Toyota Turned Chevy

Treat every day like its your last, because you never know when your time is up. In loving memory of Judstin.

toynizzy [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Aug '05
    • View Profile
well im still trying to find a console for the truck the stock one was gone when i got it and i want the storage and arm rest lol,then im thinking of a small storage container and maybe some 14 ga plate on the rear cab wall to mount various things,axe,fire ext,med kit ect ect.anyone know where to get a console to fit my ride??

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
well im still trying to find a console for the truck the stock one was gone when i got it and i want the storage and arm rest lol,then im thinking of a small storage container and maybe some 14 ga plate on the rear cab wall to mount various things,axe,fire ext,med kit ect ect.anyone know where to get a console to fit my ride??

I like your idea.  Maybe the storage container could be a small lockable toolbox, bolted down.  if you run doorless it would be nice to have a place to lock up yer junk...  Would a 4 runner console fit?
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

crawlerdan

• Turtle Points: 1319
  • Male Posts: 4,770
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
well when i got my 85 xtra cab the xtra part was gotted out so now im looking for ideas on what to do with it to make it more usefull,i figured that some one on here has some great idea on what they did to there ride so im open to ideas let me know thanxxx
i built a shelf similar to a stock one and put tool boxes, a sub, sleeping bags, lantern ect back ther, when i turned the truck into a truggy i had three bars of the cage travelling through the extra cab and used two of them to mount 5 point harneses to. i still had ample room for tools and storage back there.

toynizzy [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Aug '05
    • View Profile
i dunno if a 4 runner console will fit or not,maybe if anyone who reads this has a runner with stock console can measure and let me know please.as fo rthe back i think a lockable box of some kind will be sweet,i will prob build the box,my best friend builds all his own for the flatbeds he builds there top quality boxes.im almost thinking i might try to recess it into the floor somehow.as for the back wall i was looking earlier and i think a simple plate of smooth will work fine,just use rubber spacers with small bolts to mount it evenly and for rattling lol.then i can weld or bolt any kinda brackets i need,sound like it might work??