Author Topic: Razor blade in a box  (Read 3319 times)

flourman

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 220
  • Male Posts: 333
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Got Body Damage??
    • View Profile
Razor blade in a box
« on: Dec 15, 2005, 05:19:29 PM »
Well I got my 5-point harness I won on ebay today.  After figuring it out, I looked in the bottom of the box and there was a razor blade in the bottom.  It must have shipped with the harness, cause it's not mine.  My question is what do I do about it?  I already notified the seller, but is there something on ebay that I can report this too??
Doin' it FULLSIZE style!

FATB0Y

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 2,803
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • fatboy on my space.com
Re: Razor blade in a box
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 2005, 05:21:39 PM »
why not just trash it  :confused:

flourman [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Got Body Damage??
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2005, 05:25:00 PM »
why not just trash it :confused:

That's what I'm planning on doing.  But in today's world, no one can be really sure.  It was more of a surprise than anything.  Also the shipper needs to be a little more aware of how they package things.
Doin' it FULLSIZE style!

FATB0Y

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • fatboy on my space.com
« Reply #3 on: Dec 15, 2005, 05:44:28 PM »
That's what I'm planning on doing.  But in today's world, no one can be really sure.  It was more of a surprise than anything.  Also the shipper needs to be a little more aware of how they package things.
I would NOT touch it w/ my hands :nope:

lowgeared

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Male Posts: 556
  • Member since Oct '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Dec 15, 2005, 06:34:56 PM »
Maybe it's a hint.  You could slit your wrists with it.  Was the harness leather with spikes on it?
Friends help you move.  Real friends help you move bodies.

flourman [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Got Body Damage??
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Dec 15, 2005, 06:56:17 PM »
Maybe it's a hint. You could slit your wrists with it. Was the harness leather with spikes on it?

:slap:  Wow, I didn't see that one coming. 

No problem though, I just gave the box to some 3-year-old to play with, razor and all.   :angry:
Doin' it FULLSIZE style!

wa4x4

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -310
  • Male Posts: 1,569
  • Member since Jul '05
  • I'm about to tear the curb up
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Dec 15, 2005, 06:59:09 PM »
I would contact ebay and tell them how careless this seller is and definatley give him negative feedback for it. That is scary, what if it had cut your harness without you knowing? Then you would be up :pokinit: creek without a paddle when you roll.
2007 Satin white pearl STi- mostly stock
2006 WRX TR 320whp 343wtq, taken in a road rage wreck
1998 4runner, needs to become wheeler status

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Dec 15, 2005, 07:02:21 PM »
Or worse yet, he just grabbed into the box and got that razor deep in his finger. I'm sure it was purely an accident, I would hope, but with people these days sometimes you just never know.
I mean hell, you people with kids can take their halloween candy to emergency care places to get it xrayed...its a scary world.
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Dec 15, 2005, 11:14:30 PM »
Or worse yet, he just grabbed into the box and got that razor deep in his finger. I'm sure it was purely an accident, I would hope, but with people these days sometimes you just never know.

I've done that.  Seems to happen a lot, at least when I worked shipments for a hardware store.  Got lots of weird stuff in there sometimes.  :yikes:

I mean hell, you people with kids can take their halloween candy to emergency care places to get it xrayed...its a scary world.

Man, my mom just ate random pieces checking" for bad things, mostly the good stuff :hahaha:

I'd give the seller some negative feedback, and you may wanna check that harness out well (sure you already thought of that) 
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #9 on: Dec 15, 2005, 11:18:06 PM »

Man, my mom just ate random pieces checking" for bad things, mostly the good stuff :hahaha:

:rofl: I'm sorry I'm goin sooo :offtopic: but that's funny right there I don't care who ya're :hahaha:

Yeah, I'd say contact the seller before you do anything with Ebay... maybe it was just an honest mistake...? :dunno:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

lowgeared

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Male Posts: 556
  • Member since Oct '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Dec 16, 2005, 05:32:46 AM »
I ebay a lot.  I value my feedback.  I'd be pissed if someone left me negative feedback for something so trivial like this.  Leave the guy neg feedback if you didn't get it, it took too long, he sent the right stuff and didn't make it right....blah, blah, blah.  It's a box.  There are sharp knives called box cutters.  Maybe it's a blade from a store or warehouse where he scrounged up the box and an employee dropped an old blade in there since the box was going to be thrown away but someone stole it out of the alley to send a harness to you.  I wouldn't leave ANY feedback if it was such a big deal to you.   :twocents:
Friends help you move.  Real friends help you move bodies.

wa4x4

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -310
  • Male Posts: 1,569
  • Member since Jul '05
  • I'm about to tear the curb up
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Dec 16, 2005, 05:43:08 AM »
But if this could have affected the product, which poses a problem for the seller because it was a huge oversight/mistake. I say leave a negative comment.
2007 Satin white pearl STi- mostly stock
2006 WRX TR 320whp 343wtq, taken in a road rage wreck
1998 4runner, needs to become wheeler status

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Dec 16, 2005, 06:01:00 AM »
Yeah, I'd say contact the seller before you do anything with Ebay... maybe it was just an honest mistake...? :dunno:
Like the seller is going to tell you the truth if he did it on purpose?

I ebay a lot. I value my feedback. I'd be pissed if someone left me negative feedback for something so trivial like this.

I understand where you are coming from, we ebay a lot too, or used to, but the seller can post a rebuttal to any feedback, especially negative feedback.

Suppose this is an MO with this guy but everyone who recieves a box with a razor in it says "oh I'm sure it was an accident, nbd"

Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #13 on: Dec 16, 2005, 08:17:50 AM »
Just send it back and tell him you are returning the part you didn't order. :biggthumpup:
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

David

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 218
  • Male Posts: 263
  • Member since Jan '03
  • I love Marlin Crawler!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Dec 16, 2005, 08:19:29 AM »
I do ebay daily. Leaving neg feedback for a blade in a box is pretty trivial. Mistakes happen all the time. You recieved your item timely, in good condition and the terms of sale were met, you've had a good experience. Don't screw up this persons feedback for a small error!
Contact the seller and tell him your concerns, they may be as shocked as you to learn of the blade.
Your belts COULD have been damaged, but were not,  you COULD have been damaged but were not. Give the person a break, mistakes happen all the time. A thought for ya, NEG feedback can never be removed.
Would you like your reputation messed with for an error that may or may not have been your fault??

Not being a smart arse here, just that I do business daily with folks such as yourself and mistakes do happen.

brainlessfool

• It's not my problem if you can't hear the voices too.
  • Turtle Points: 2730
  • Male Posts: 4,207
  • Member since Jun '02
  • drive fast or the devil may get ya
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #15 on: Dec 16, 2005, 09:21:17 AM »
I do ebay daily. Leaving neg feedback for a blade in a box is pretty trivial. Mistakes happen all the time. You recieved your item timely, in good condition and the terms of sale were met, you've had a good experience. Don't screw up this persons feedback for a small error!
Contact the seller and tell him your concerns, they may be as shocked as you to learn of the blade.
Your belts COULD have been damaged, but were not,  you COULD have been damaged but were not. Give the person a break, mistakes happen all the time. A thought for ya, NEG feedback can never be removed.
Would you like your reputation messed with for an error that may or may not have been your fault??

Not being a smart arse here, just that I do business daily with folks such as yourself and mistakes do happen.

what he said.
A good day working, that's just sick :reg:

FATB0Y

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • fatboy on my space.com

flourman [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Got Body Damage??
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Dec 16, 2005, 05:08:37 PM »
Whoa there, I did in fact leave the guy positive feedback because he did what he was supposed to do.  He apologized for the razor in the box.  I guess this should have been more of an awareness thing. 

I ebay a lot. I value my feedback. I'd be pissed if someone left me negative feedback for something so trivial like this. Leave the guy neg feedback if you didn't get it, it took too long, he sent the right stuff and didn't make it right....blah, blah, blah. It's a box. There are sharp knives called box cutters. Maybe it's a blade from a store or warehouse where he scrounged up the box and an employee dropped an old blade in there since the box was going to be thrown away but someone stole it out of the alley to send a harness to you. I wouldn't leave ANY feedback if it was such a big deal to you. :twocents:

Not a big deal, but I did bring it up with the seller, just like I said I did.  Maybe if you/people value their feedback so much, then they should take a little time when shipping an item.  I mean, you are doing "business" with someone else.  How would you feel if a vendor shipped you something with a razor blade in the bottom or maybe a hypodermic needle?  Just a thought.  But maybe I'm a bad ebayer because I even considered this a problem.
Doin' it FULLSIZE style!

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Dec 16, 2005, 05:24:47 PM »
I think you did the right thing flourman.  The seller should be made aware that he is conducting "business" with another individual and should watch himself. im sure it was an honest mistake.  someone would have to be sick in the head to purposely put that in there.....like the people that put them in halloween candy.  my :twocents:
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

David

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 218
  • Male Posts: 263
  • Member since Jan '03
  • I love Marlin Crawler!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Dec 16, 2005, 05:30:03 PM »
     :_order:  Golly Gee there flourman dude, you opened the subject and asked for input from the members. All we were doing was responding to your request. :moon:
It's like I tell all my friends, (in a friendly way of course)  if you don't want to hear my opinion, don't ask for it. Can't ya just feel the love? :love:

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Dec 16, 2005, 10:10:06 PM »
I'm glad others said it before I did, and I'm glad you handled it as you did, because as David said negative feedback is permanent.  The flip side of that is it can be reciprocated too, and I always go to great lengths to avoid having to leave negative feedback so that I don't get any in return.  I think there probably is a good chance that it was stuck under one of the bottom flaps and he never saw it, and was unfortunately dislodged by you.  I'm glad that you didn't get cut, cause you never know where it's been.  I've dealt with some real jerk offs on ebay, and some people will never admit having made a mistake or are completely unwilling to fix their mistake.  If I feel I can turn it around I just make sure they agree that neither of us will leave feedback for each other, but otherwise I will go to great lengths making sure they take it back and I get a full refund.  This is also part of the reason why I only have 56 feedbacks instead of about 90. 
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!