Author Topic: r to re swap questions for big mike and other gurus  (Read 2587 times)

Ramrod

• smelling like vag and loving it
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -59
  • Male Posts: 3,600
  • Member since Jan '05
  • fully bodied & Fully getting it
    • View Profile
r to re swap questions for big mike and other gurus
« on: Dec 12, 2005, 05:49:43 PM »
alright so I am finally going to do a fuel injection swap and I have some questions so here they are.

Here is the add for what I am already buying. 1. What else do I need? I am paying $240 shipped to my house.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a complete factory EFI setup for a toyota 22R. The system is complete including complete head, intake, computer, and wiring harness, harness is complete from head lights to tail lights, it is missing the distributer and the air metering box. As far as I can tell all the sensor are there. I don't know the condition of the head, I pulled it from a wrecked '86 4-runner. I can ship, and would perfer not to split the system up. Asking $300.00 for everything and you pay shipping from Idaho Falls, ID. I can e-mail pics. if you want to see them. Thanks,        
2. I am going to go with the celica external fuel pump.  How should I wire that up; key on, key on with switch, I don't know?

3.  Can I just put this entire wiring harness in my truck instead of cutting both apart? my truck is an 86 pickup and the harness is from an 86 runner.

4.  Will the block from an 8622R have a spot ready to mount a knock sensor?

That is it for now, I will probably have many more questions as soon as I start building up the block that will be going in along with this head and injection but thanks in advance :beerchug:

Ramrod [OP]

• Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
oh yah do I have to use the efi distributer if I am going to use my msd ignition box?

Ramrod [OP]

• Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
Ignore question #2.

brainlessfool

• It's not my problem if you can't hear the voices too.
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2730
  • Male Posts: 4,207
  • Member since Jun '02
  • drive fast or the devil may get ya
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
oh yah do I have to use the efi distributer if I am going to use my msd ignition box?
yes.
A good day working, that's just sick :reg:

jimbo74

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
hey bbw, i htought you had the old pre85 22r from the black truck? the one i got the bed from? if you do, then that might matter
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

CRS

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -22
  • Male Posts: 132
  • Member since Oct '05
  • 1/4 TiLT
    • View Profile
1. The pump needs keyed power and should be hot when you turn the ignition to the first slot. The pump needs to pressure the system before the ignition is sparked.

2. The harnness should work. However it depends on if the runner was power windows and dorrs etc. Think of things like the rear window and what not that are not on a truck but on a runner and this should help tell you whazt htings are what. I hav enever done exactly that but it should work.Also think auto or manual tranny

3.it should have the hole if not just find out were its supposed to go and tap one into it:)
IN LOVING MEMORY OF JAKE. MY BEST FRIEND AND COPILOT
                  WITH ME FOR A MILLION DAYS

2-15-05  4-12-06

Ramrod [OP]

• Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
sweet thanks, actually the harness I am getting still has the fuel pump wiring so I am just going to use that and I am pretty sure it didn't have power windows because I think it was just a base model or something.  even if it does I figure I can just cut those wires out of the system along with the rear window motor wiring and whatever else is back there