Author Topic: 1981 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler for sale. PS/PB,Auto/6CYL,Hard top, Hard doors, Lifted.  (Read 7018 times)

hacksaw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 3
  • Male Posts: 89
  • Member since Oct '04
  • BOOMER SOONER!
    • View Profile
I don't think that very many of these were made with the auto trans.  1981 CJ8 Scrambler.  Power steering, power breaks, auto trans, 258 6cyl, new Superlift 4" springs, new heavy duty shackles, new shocks, new 31/10.5/15 BFG Mud Terrians, Original hard top with hard doors, new Bestop super seats.  Very strong truck.  Make offer.  Okla area!

Shawn
Bone stock 94 Runner.  3VZE, 4x4, 5 speed.  204K miles and counting------96 Runner Limited 4x4, 3.4L Automatic, 144K miles and going strong!

bunnyfart

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -14
  • Member since Oct '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
pix please mat2004us@yahoo.com

rockscrambler

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 800
  • Member since May '05
  • the rocscrambler's rock blazer
    • View Profile
    • Home of the rockscrambler
how much and you got pics VERY interested

rockSCRAMBLER<see the name
we're born,we roll over,we crawl,we walk,we run,we drive,we install cages,we wheel,we crawl,we roll over,the circle of life is complete.!

"we sleep peaceably in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to bring violence upon those who would do us harm" to you I say thank you
87 Chevy K5 V10 tonka truck,87 Toyota 4runner
83 Jeep CJ8,sold-76 Dodge W200 & 87 Ford broncoII

hacksaw [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Oct '04
  • BOOMER SOONER!
    • View Profile
Bone stock 94 Runner.  3VZE, 4x4, 5 speed.  204K miles and counting------96 Runner Limited 4x4, 3.4L Automatic, 144K miles and going strong!

hacksaw [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Oct '04
  • BOOMER SOONER!
    • View Profile
Here is the deal with the Scrambler.  I just bought it.  I have to do some minor work on it before I can sell it.  First off all, I have to put new breaks on it front and rear.  Then, I am going to install the new lift I have for it.  I have a brand new Superlift 4" kit ready to bolt on.  I have new Rancho shocks.  And new heavy duty shackles.  The engine, trans, transfer, driveshafts, and front and rear diffs are in very good shape!  This Jeep is currently in factory condition.  Oh yeah, it does not have PS/PB.  I thought it did.  Great top and doors.  Front fenders have rust.  I have a complete rust and bondo free front clip from my CJ7 that I will probably bolt on.  Then, I plan on taking it to get a fresh coat of RED paint sprayed on, and probably a fresh spray in bedliner!  I have new black Bestop superseats, but need to change the dash from brown to black, and change the carpet and doorpannels from brown to black as well.  I was thinking about asking $6500 after I get everything done.  Should take about a month or a bit longer.  But, it is for sale for people who will wait!  CJ8's are getting very hard to find these days and especially with a auto trans.  Thanks for asking, let me know if people are still interested.  Thanks

Shawn

rockscrambler

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since May '05
    • View Profile
yes the only difference between CJ7 and CJ8 body wise is wheelbase and a big ass IE overhang the 7 frontend will fit perfect. but if you don't put it on let me know I need one for my scrambler.

So you wouldn't consider selling it as is ?
we're born,we roll over,we crawl,we walk,we run,we drive,we install cages,we wheel,we crawl,we roll over,the circle of life is complete.!

"we sleep peaceably in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to bring violence upon those who would do us harm" to you I say thank you

hacksaw [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Oct '04
  • BOOMER SOONER!
    • View Profile
You mean as is without the lift, or 31" mud tires?  Yes I would if the price was right.  I see that they are selling very well in the Truck Trader mag.  I still need to outfit it with new breaks.  Other than that, it has some rust in the floorboards and body has some bondo in it.  I was going to cut all that out and replace it with new steel and like I said, put my front clip on off my CJ7.  But other than that, this sucker runs perfect and drives perfect.  Make offer!  I can get some pictures.  I saw one today that was in about the same shape and they were asking $6000.  I don't know how much it is worth really.  Just stumbled onto it and bought it.  Make offer!

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 759
  • Male Posts: 13,855
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
You mean as is without the lift, or 31" mud tires?  Yes I would if the price was right.  I see that they are selling very well in the Truck Trader mag.  I still need to outfit it with new breaks.  Other than that, it has some rust in the floorboards and body has some bondo in it.  I was going to cut all that out and replace it with new steel and like I said, put my front clip on off my CJ7.  But other than that, this sucker runs perfect and drives perfect.  Make offer!  I can get some pictures.  I saw one today that was in about the same shape and they were asking $6000.  I don't know how much it is worth really.  Just stumbled onto it and bought it.  Make offer!

Sounds like he stole your Jeep rockscrambler.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

rockscrambler

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since May '05
    • View Profile
Dude post that thing on the CJ-8.com board and you will get the right price!

http//www.cj-8.com

the official site of the scrambler owners association

rockscrambler

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since May '05
    • View Profile
Sounds like he stole your Jeep rockscrambler.
close but no mines an 83 I have a manual trans (looking for auto) mine has 360 - v8(think about putting I6 back in)  :idea: 

I could buy his sell mine and I'm there

:nope: that wouldn't be any fun