Author Topic: Don't Screw with Pirate4x4.com  (Read 4812 times)

Ebbs15

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -27
  • Male Posts: 130
  • Member since Aug '05
  • Drink'n in Korea
    • View Profile
Don't Screw with Pirate4x4.com
« on: Nov 14, 2005, 10:24:13 PM »
I did a search but didn't see this linked here yet... Dude gets owned for trying to rip a guy off on Pirate

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399203

LONG READ... but defiantly funny!....

good way to kill a couple HOURS..lol
« Last Edit: Nov 15, 2005, 03:11:13 AM by MrsWillyMammoth »

Hyena

• I'm Legit!!!
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2401
  • Male Posts: 6,715
  • Member since Feb '04
  • AKA Baja Brad
    • View Profile
Re: Don't Screw with Pirate4x4.com
« Reply #1 on: Nov 14, 2005, 10:50:33 PM »
A couple hours, there is 70 pages of crap there.  I read the first 13 pages when that was all there was before the traffic jam hit.  It took me about an hour to read just those 13 first pages.  Imagen reading all 70 pages of it.  It was pretty funny seeing him lying and stuff.  He got owned big time.  He has even had a couple death threats aganst him.
« Last Edit: Nov 15, 2005, 03:11:28 AM by MrsWillyMammoth »

CTENG in KS

• Turtle Points: -501
  • Male Posts: 4,295
  • Member since Jun '04
  • ^Alfred the Great
    • View Profile
    • CTENG's Eco-Rant
« Reply #2 on: Nov 15, 2005, 06:32:00 AM »
Lance is gonna have to kill that thread or something...damn PBB is permanently slow as :pokinit:...
IFS is best kept at ambient temperature in a pile of scrap in the backyard.  When kept under a functioning vehicle, it tends to greatly diminish said vehicle's offroad ability.     -reklund5

4Runner: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=4580.0
Beastmaster: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=34339.0

Ebbs15 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Aug '05
  • Drink'n in Korea
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Nov 15, 2005, 08:44:29 AM »
did you guys look at the #of VIEWS?  last night when I finished reading... yeah I read the whold dang thing... the count was at 923,xxx!   that's INSANE!... almost a million views!  :rofl2:   the guys # was e-mailed to Howard Stern and Jay Lenno!!!

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Nov 15, 2005, 09:49:50 AM »
That's hilarious!!!!  :rofl2:  :rofl2:  :rofl2: I couldnt read all of it either only got thru 7 or 8 pages... Marlin Crawler!  :turtle:  :turtle:
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

tbam

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Feb '04
  • Sarcastic Local
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Nov 15, 2005, 11:38:32 AM »
Been watching it till it got jammed, he's quite the idiot albeit very appologetic now.

Hyena

• I'm Legit!!!
  • Member since Feb '04
  • AKA Baja Brad
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Nov 15, 2005, 03:38:52 PM »
He even screwed up his appology thread.

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -33
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Nov 15, 2005, 03:50:04 PM »
« Last Edit: Jan 24, 2012, 05:36:36 PM by alyssa2004 »

whiteman

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 669
  • Male Posts: 1,276
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #8 on: Nov 15, 2005, 03:50:55 PM »
I got slammed once at blackflag4x4.  I was F-in pissed, somany other forums get so out of hand.   But I can understand when you deserve it like this guy.

I  :love:  :turtle:

toyotaboy

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 238
  • Member since Sep '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Nov 15, 2005, 09:12:22 PM »
you know ill probably get :pokinit: for saying this but if it was an honest mistake then it shouldnt have been made such a huge deal. the board blew it all out of proportion. lying about the gears screwed him.. if it was only an honest typing mistake i could understand.. i still think he got railed on too much
rest in peace Effay

01 taco needs, duals, front axle, linked rear, exo...

85 extra cab/cab for sale with efi harness. no drivetrain, will sell, make offer

Hyena

• I'm Legit!!!
  • Member since Feb '04
  • AKA Baja Brad
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Nov 16, 2005, 05:34:29 PM »
It wasn't an honest mistake though.  He changed the price after the guy had already sent him the money.  He lied about the gears being new.  He demanded more money.  He finaly sent the gears "after" the buyer asked him to send the money back.

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #11 on: Nov 16, 2005, 05:41:39 PM »
I went over and read some of it, I wonder if Matts who should know this if anyone carries out the threats made he could be in a lot of trouble by releasing this guys info, conspiracy to making terrorist threats could land him in a little legal trouble. It doesn't really matter if those threats are even carried out, if the threat is made and considered genuine he is helping to make the threat real.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

Ebbs15 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Aug '05
  • Drink'n in Korea
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Nov 17, 2005, 09:12:04 AM »
I went over and read some of it, I wonder if Matts who should know this if anyone carries out the threats made he could be in a lot of trouble by releasing this guys info, conspiracy to making terrorist threats could land him in a little legal trouble. It doesn't really matter if those threats are even carried out, if the threat is made and considered genuine he is helping to make the threat real.
no because every thing he has... is public information... he just did some research... he didn't release any personal info such as SSAN or Medical history... phone numbers, addresses, places of employment... are all public records... however him posting his picture up there may be a diffrent story...

though I think the kid is probably to scared to do anything about it...

Don't Get WENZLED! :rofl2:

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #13 on: Nov 17, 2005, 09:23:02 AM »
no because every thing he has... is public information... he just did some research... he didn't release any personal info such as SSAN or Medical history... phone numbers, addresses, places of employment... are all public records... however him posting his picture up there may be a diffrent story...

though I think the kid is probably to scared to do anything about it...

Don't Get WENZLED! :rofl2:

Sure it is public info that anyone could get by searching, but he is seeking out the info for others to use  to commit  a felony. That would make him an accessory to the crime commited. Plus there are laws on the books that address the threats being made to him through others not involved in the original conflict. It would be called Making Terroist Threats. Trust me in my line of work we have people threaten us all the time. I pesonally have put a person in jail for having others threaten me and my co-workers while not being directly involved with carrying out the threat, or even actually carrying out the threat. If you can prove that person was involved in any manner to threaten or carry out said threat you are an accessory to the crime commited.
« Last Edit: Nov 17, 2005, 09:32:42 AM by Rocksurfer »

whiteman

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 669
  • Male Posts: 1,276
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #14 on: Nov 17, 2005, 09:36:21 AM »
Its one thing if someone gets raged on and told off, but when people start making threats to inflict harm and/or death then the thread should be deleted no questions asked and the problem should be forgoten because there are people out there that will follow thru with there threats. 

Even the people being threatened could cause a problem, when somebody makes a threat to me I don't back down if they want to start sh*t bring it on.  People who make threats are foolish someday they make threats to the wrong person and the threat maker may pay.
 So why take the chance, of someone being harmed just for sh*t's and giggles. 

Just my two cents. :twocents:

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #15 on: Nov 17, 2005, 09:42:18 AM »
Oh, one more thing that may settle the "public" issue for you, his address is also posted on his front door too. If you give out that address by going to his house and writing it down then posted it for illegal gain of any kind would you be guilty of being an accomplice? I think you would. :yesnod:

Ebbs15 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Aug '05
  • Drink'n in Korea
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Nov 17, 2005, 10:51:57 AM »
Oh, one more thing that may settle the "public" issue for you, his address is also posted on his front door too. If you give out that address by going to his house and writing it down then posted it for illegal gain of any kind would you be guilty of being an accomplice? I think you would. :yesnod:
I think you'd have a VERY hard time proving that in a court... the reason I say this is Matts didn't GAIN anthing by this...

that being said... I don't agree with the stuff being posted on the net... especially about his family and girlfriend... they had nothing to with the problem... and shouldn't have been brought into it... 

One good thing to come from this is that people may think twice about ripping someone off on the internet.... HOPEFULLY! :headshake:

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #17 on: Nov 17, 2005, 12:17:21 PM »
Well I did look at the thread and Matts did post the guys address for those that wanted to do harm to the guy, plus he would be the one that should have put a stop to the thread before it got to that point of threatening harm to that family. Regardless of what the guy did to anyone on the board by screwing them out of $ or lying about what he was selling it would be a civil matter that would/should be handled in small claims court, not through terrorist threats. He may not be able to do anything to the guy he sold and screwed the junk to and then modified the price if that person didn't threaten him but he very well could hold PBB responsible if anything does happen. Why do you think the are very strict about that kind of thing here? Marlin could very well put his business at risk if that type of thing was allowed to happen here.

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Nov 17, 2005, 12:27:08 PM »
wenzel for president!
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

Ebbs15 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Aug '05
  • Drink'n in Korea
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Nov 17, 2005, 01:20:23 PM »
Well I did look at the thread and Matts did post the guys address for those that wanted to do harm to the guy, plus he would be the one that should have put a stop to the thread before it got to that point of threatening harm to that family. Regardless of what the guy did to anyone on the board by screwing them out of $ or lying about what he was selling it would be a civil matter that would/should be handled in small claims court, not through terrorist threats. He may not be able to do anything to the guy he sold and screwed the junk to and then modified the price if that person didn't threaten him but he very well could hold PBB responsible if anything does happen. Why do you think the are very strict about that kind of thing here? Marlin could very well put his business at risk if that type of thing was allowed to happen here.

well they would have to prove that it came from someone on Pirate... by this I mean he can't go after Pirate everytime someon eggs his house because his personal info is ON pirate... because if that were true... I could go after Google because they list my address with my name when you put in my phone number... makeing it availble to the public!... I see what your saying and I agree that it should have been taken to small claims but coming from the military point of view, where you really lay into someone for breaking a rule.. not just to punish them or get your point across to them... but to make it aware to all the others that what ever he/she did was not alowed... basicly your setting a precidence by coming down HARD... do I believe that's what they had in mind when they did this?  Of course not...I'm just stating that the thread serves a purpose...

again... just my $.02

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #20 on: Nov 17, 2005, 10:59:52 PM »
well they would have to prove that it came from someone on Pirate... by this I mean he can't go after Pirate everytime someon eggs his house because his personal info is ON pirate... because if that were true... I could go after Google because they list my address with my name when you put in my phone number... makeing it availble to the public!... I see what your saying and I agree that it should have been taken to small claims but coming from the military point of view, where you really lay into someone for breaking a rule.. not just to punish them or get your point across to them... but to make it aware to all the others that what ever he/she did was not alowed... basicly your setting a precidence by coming down HARD... do I believe that's what they had in mind when they did this?  Of course not...I'm just stating that the thread serves a purpose...

again... just my $.02

True if they just egged his house and took off there would be no way to know who did it, but they were making physical threats and if someone carries out one and is busted by the cops then they come to the understanding that his address was posted by a moderator or admin of PBB instead of that person deleting and banning those that threatened him. I would think he would be an accessory to the crime. No he didn't at anytime threaten him but he provided the name and address for the sole purpose to intimidate and threaten him and his family.

Now as to Google, altavista, and the others providing peoples names, address and phone #'s, they were not involved in threatening anyone. That is a service just like the phone book.

Ebbs15 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Aug '05
  • Drink'n in Korea
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Nov 18, 2005, 07:52:32 AM »
True if they just egged his house and took off there would be no way to know who did it, but they were making physical threats and if someone carries out one and is busted by the cops then they come to the understanding that his address was posted by a moderator or admin of PBB instead of that person deleting and banning those that threatened him. I would think he would be an accessory to the crime. No he didn't at anytime threaten him but he provided the name and address for the sole purpose to intimidate and threaten him and his family.

Now as to Google, altavista, and the others providing peoples names, address and phone #'s, they were not involved in threatening anyone. That is a service just like the phone book.
good point... and no I'm not dissagreeing with you that he would be an accessory... i just think trying to PROVE it in court would be difficult... 

on a side note I didn't know Matts was a mod... that does change things... slightly...

anywhoo... the dude was ripped apart... hopefully Mochamike got his money... and Cdubson40's learned something... and his famliy and girlfriend (hopefully she leaves him...lol) are left out of it

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #22 on: Nov 18, 2005, 10:22:46 AM »
I think your right, he's not a mod and has stated that's how it keeps the board from getting in trouble. Still the right (wrong) person could just cause them enough legal problems to cost them a bucket of $ defending themselves just to prove a point. Some people have the $ to do things like that just to cost the other with less $ everything they have.