Author Topic: 2001 Honda 1200.... $1300 OBO  (Read 4970 times)

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
2001 Honda 1200.... $1300 OBO
« on: Oct 22, 2005, 12:15:22 AM »
Ok, I don't know too much bout this bike, but I was told it is a 1200. 2001 Honda, it's been dumped (as in, in an accident, not abandoned) we have extra parts for it, and the siding that is cracked and scratched pretty bad.  Both rims are bent, back tire is flat.  Pics indicate some of the damage.  Asking $1300 OBO

« Last Edit: Oct 22, 2005, 08:29:16 AM by FordFreakChik »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
Re: 2001 Honda 1200.... $1300 OBO
« Reply #1 on: Oct 22, 2005, 08:22:48 AM »
Don't be afraid to make offers.... we're pretty lenient :crossed:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

kneedownnate

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Turtle Points: 1088
  • Male Posts: 9,756
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Oct 22, 2005, 06:48:49 PM »
MINE MINE MINE, I CALL DIBS!!  It's a cbr929, not 1200, it should say on a tag on the left or right side of the frame just below the gas tank.  Who owns it, what's the condition of the title?  I have tons of questions, pm me with all info you know or email me with all pics you have, straight on side and front shots preferred.  Dunno how I'd come up with the cash but I'll find a way, I really want one of these for a track only bike.  
« Last Edit: Feb 06, 2010, 11:34:55 PM by kneedownnate »
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Oct 22, 2005, 07:27:36 PM »
 :smack: I take it back, it's an cbr600 f4i, same as in my avatar.  Still want it for same reason, just got my hopes up and didn't pay enough attention at first I guess.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #4 on: Oct 22, 2005, 07:46:30 PM »
I'll tell you everything I know after 10 tonight... i'm workin :down: PM soon :thumbs:

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Oct 22, 2005, 08:02:26 PM »
Cool, I'll stick around tonight then, thanks!
RIP KYOTA

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #6 on: Oct 22, 2005, 11:05:05 PM »
Nate you got a PM :thumbs:

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Oct 22, 2005, 11:12:54 PM »
back at ya
RIP KYOTA

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #8 on: Oct 23, 2005, 11:18:55 AM »
Here you go Nate, it's faster for me to post em here rather than email em :thumbs:

Parts, new muffler and in the bag is a sprocket and some small parts

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Oct 23, 2005, 02:35:43 PM »
Man he did a better number on it than I thought!  Still want it though.  Judging by the damage I can pretty much tell that he either tried doing a stoppie and endoed or tried doing a wheelie and looped it out.  Either way it went end over end.  I'll try and figure out what I can and get back at ya asap.  Thanks for the pics!
RIP KYOTA

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #10 on: Oct 23, 2005, 03:37:06 PM »
Sounds good. Keep me posted I got another guy on the PBB interested :disturbed: But you called first dibs... but I'm gettin :tantrum: from the boss :mad:

:thumbs:

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #11 on: Nov 11, 2005, 04:12:38 PM »
UP... Nate I need an update :thumbs: :greengrin:

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Nov 11, 2005, 07:32:36 PM »
Well, I was gonna contact you in a little while to let you know that I have the cash.  My bank is open on saturdays, so as long as they're not retards and decide not to open I'll have it in hand.  How's sunday for you?  If I can get in and out of there real quick I could come down tomorrow if that's better, but I'd rather hit the road pretty early so I can get back at a decent time.  If sunday's cool that'll gimme a little bit of time tomorrow to hit the junk yard, find a 47" long spring and install it in the rears on the 2wd so it'll sit a little better with a load.
RIP KYOTA

reklund5

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 286
  • Male Posts: 1,263
  • Member since Nov '03
  • I love my Marlin Crawler!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Nov 11, 2005, 09:52:14 PM »
Dammit!  Kneedown beat me to it!  If the deal with him falls thru, I'll OWN that bike.  I can paypal the money immediately and have it picked up in the next few weeks.  Lemmie know!

Ryan

'84 Hilux, locked, dual-cased, winched, EFI converted, 37" tired, half-doored (in the summer...)
'87 Supra, 400 HP.  smooth as glass at 130 'cause my tires are NEW!...
'92 F250 Diesel, tow rig, ATS Turbo, leveling kit, killer stereo

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #14 on: Nov 11, 2005, 11:07:58 PM »
Dammit!  Kneedown beat me to it!  If the deal with him falls thru, I'll OWN that bike.  I can paypal the money immediately and have it picked up in the next few weeks.  Lemmie know!

Ryan

Well shoot Ryan, it's been up for weeks :therethere: I'll keep you updated if it doesn't go through :thumbs:

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #15 on: Nov 11, 2005, 11:10:09 PM »
Well, I was gonna contact you in a little while to let you know that I have the cash.  My bank is open on saturdays, so as long as they're not retards and decide not to open I'll have it in hand.  How's sunday for you?  If I can get in and out of there real quick I could come down tomorrow if that's better, but I'd rather hit the road pretty early so I can get back at a decent time.  If sunday's cool that'll gimme a little bit of time tomorrow to hit the junk yard, find a 47" long spring and install it in the rears on the 2wd so it'll sit a little better with a load.

PM sent :thumbs:

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Nov 13, 2005, 03:40:18 PM »
Oh yea, it's mine!!  Just got it home and gave it a little better lookin over, found a couple goodies I didn't expect to find.   :banana: :bananasplit:  Thanks again FFC  :thumbs:
RIP KYOTA

RHG

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 1,320
  • Member since Apr '05
  • WERD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Nov 13, 2005, 06:31:22 PM »
what kind of goodies? i want to know. i want to know. I might get me a bike when I get back from the desert next year. ooooooh i cant wait
Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

89 Ext Cab Long Bed, SAS'd, Double 2.28's, 5.29's, 38" TSL's, Allied Beadlocks, Half Doors, Custom Trail Bodywork

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Nov 14, 2005, 08:41:25 PM »
Well, I knew from the pics that it had rear set risers which will end up on the street ride, I'll use my woodcraft billet racing ones on the track bike.  What I didn't see in the pic was that it already had steel braided brake lines, check one item off the upgrade list.  FFC gave me a little bag of extras which I didn't check till a rest stop near home, saw a stock air filter in it which got the wheels turnin, "bet it has a k&n in it......that probably means that since it also has a slip on it has a power commander".  So I get back on the road, stop at a friend's house and tell him my theory, to which he replies " well did you check it yet?".  I says no I says, so I grab the key and go to pop the rear seat off and notice it's a hard seat cowl and not a seat, score another for the street goer.  When the seat comes off whatya think is staring me in the face?  My friend.  And his girlfriend.  Also a power commander.  Big score indeed, just hafta search out a full system for it and then start playin with fuel injection maps till I get it dialed for thunderhill raceway.  It's a shame that this guy was kinda spodish cause he wasted a perfectly good michelin front tire by wearing it funny.  No biggie though, I'll probably bump up to full slicks when the time rolls around.  And you can bet I'll start a buildup thread on it too, if people don't like bikes they can stay the heck outa my thread!!  Escuse the vulgarity.
RIP KYOTA

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #19 on: Nov 14, 2005, 09:13:31 PM »
Wow! That's awsome Nate! Glad you got some goodies out of it because there wasn't too much goin for that bike that I could tell :dunno:

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Nov 14, 2005, 11:04:10 PM »
That's how I buys em!  Most I've paid for a street bike was for my current one, which was $2500 and a year old at the time, not bad when msrp was a paltry $8199.  Next was $1100 then this one for $1000.  I guess one good thing is if I ever get super hard up I could sell some toys and be ok again, but I think I'd look into selllin some swimmers first.  I thoroughly enjoy making bikes ridable again, I'd even do it for friends if they asked, but I kinda take my time and people want em done right away.  I made some good headway tonight on my current project (which I hafta finish before doing this bike) and would say it's all down hill, except I need to buy a part I hadn't counted on so more time awaitin.  I might hafta cheat and work on this one on the side while I'm waitin to get my other parts.  Sad part is I could have this one about 80% done before they come in.....hmmmm, maybe that's what I'll do then.....who made up the rule I had to wait anyway???
RIP KYOTA