Author Topic: project extend-a-toy  (Read 164782 times)

fj-rankenstein

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Male Posts: 583
  • Member since Jan '05
  • my yard looks like toyota circa 1980
    • View Profile
Re: project extend-a-toy
« Reply #270 on: Jun 28, 2009, 12:29:03 AM »
the fan is a Flex-a-lite 119 model fan.. its the slim line version...     http://www.summitracing.com/parts/FLX-118/   and i got it from summit... i have heard of people having issues with the black magic ones but these ones seemed pretty solid..  there is nothing to really go wrong with this. its just a motor and some blades...   i am taking a bit of a chance on the electronic fan controller though.. i have always been a believer of trying to stay away from anything electronic and keep things as simple as possible but i will try something once if it looks good...  if something goes wrong i can always wire it direct to get me home..  the fan was 144 bucks..   the fan controller was 150 bucks..   www.summitracing.com/parts/FLX-31163/

as far as the springs go, for the front of my truck i have 51 inch 3rd gen rear springs that i combined with some first gen rear springs all re-arched by myself to give me about 5 inches of lift..  the rear springs on my truck are a set of trailmart 5 inch heavy duty springs.. i got free shipping on them along with a big order i got at the time but they arent made very well.. one spring is arched a bit more than the other and they are also made bent..  i didnt want to pay to ship them back so i just sucked it up and used them.. i will try a set of marlins next set.. :thumbs:

i am using a new 3 litre v6 rad as well... this combined with the fan that i bought gives me just enough room to squeeze everything in there!!

i dont think you will have to worry about the pics part..  i love taking pics of everything i build so i will have plenty!!!  

oh yeah, i had a little time to get started on cutting my exhaust apart.. because i am using the 3.4 litre the exhaust is on the wrong side..  i am going to cut it apart and switch the exhaust to go down the drivers side..  here are a few pics of me cutting the exhaust flanges off...

« Last Edit: Jun 28, 2009, 10:33:43 AM by fj-rankenstein »
the never ending build...
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=12165.0;highlight=extend-a-toy

Was searching for something and came across this old jew. BUMP to a classic thread :thumbs: