Author Topic: project extend-a-toy  (Read 164781 times)

fj-rankenstein

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Male Posts: 583
  • Member since Jan '05
  • my yard looks like toyota circa 1980
    • View Profile
Re: project extend-a-toy
« Reply #270 on: Jun 27, 2009, 06:38:46 PM »
so i have been having a good day out in the garage today but still want to get a lot more done after supper...
i got the whole passenger outside all tacked into place..a few weeks ago i gave a local welding shop a spare door skin and got them to roll me some panels that had the same curvature and they turned out awesome!!  its turning out very very nice and i couldnt be happier right now..  i have been really practicing with welding sheet metal and i finally think i have the hang of it.. i have done a ton of welding today and no metal has warped at all which is awsome... i was getting it pretty close before but now it looks good..
  i also got some toys for the truck..  i ended up buying a scangauge for my truck and i got one for the car as well...  i thought they were pretty neat... and yup, they are pretty neat...  they tell you everything that your ecu computer tracks in your vehicle and you can erase codes with it as well....  it just plugs into your obd2 port...
 i also got the first part of my summit order...  they are awesome to deal with..  very professional and you get your stuff within the week.. i was quite happy to deal with them..  i ended up getting my 16 inch low profile fan, my electronic fan controller and i also have coming a grant 2001 steering wheel removal security system and two  6 inch low profile fans as well..
 and lastly, untill i know that i can run a/c in the truck i need some sort of way to air up my tires and use air tools..(i was spoiled with rmy landcruisers onboard air system so i needed something for this truck..)
i ended up buying the 15 pound series C  POWERTANK....  it looks fairly good...  i didnt want yellow but i had limited choices in the 15 pound tank version..   this thing should be able to blow up 30 or so 37 inch tires from 8psi to 30 psi apparently..   i was at the welding shopher in town today picking up more welding gas and they want just over 30 bucks to fill it.. i will call around town to see if i can get it cheaper though...
here are the pics..

« Last Edit: Jun 27, 2009, 06:44:30 PM by fj-rankenstein »
the never ending build...
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=12165.0;highlight=extend-a-toy

Was searching for something and came across this old jew. BUMP to a classic thread :thumbs: