Author Topic: Cat Names  (Read 9898 times)

blackdiamond

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,052
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
Cat Names
« on: Jun 03, 2005, 07:07:03 AM »
How about some suggestions for a new cat.  It is time for a pet.

:D
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
Re: Cat Names
« Reply #1 on: Jun 03, 2005, 07:12:03 AM »
Uhmmm... Big N Tasty...call him BNT for short  :thumbs:

Guess is a good one, you'll be able to trick a lot of people on that one...

did you get it yet or are you lookin?  :headscratch:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Turtle Points: 2124
  • Male Posts: 18,289
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
« Reply #2 on: Jun 03, 2005, 07:50:00 AM »
Dude, why do so many people HATE CATS? I've owned cats my whole life and I love them. I've never had a bad cat; all of my cats have been really cool. They've never torn up furnitire, I've never had to get them declawed, their poo doesn't smell any worse than mine, no one in my family ever complains about 'em.... yadda yadda yadda

I have seen punk cats that are spoiled, won't let you pet them, and I think they should be eaten maybe, but if you're just out driving and you see a cat and decide to kill it, remember that it's someone's pet and someone loves that animal more than you'll ever imagine.

My sister lost her first cat because some jackal drove about 10 feet up onto our grass to finally nail her :rivers: There were four burn-out tire tracks on our grass. They chassed Tiger all the way onto the lawn and then jumped the curb to kill her. I mean come on, what the hell is with that? My sister was only like 6 yrs old or so? That was so sad, and even we didn't really know what death was until then...

Anyhow , I'm used to ppl joking about cats so I can laugh about it, but seriously, you wouldn't want me to just plow over your family dog that you've had for 13 years because he was so old and wouldn't get out of the road, would ya? I love cats equally to dogs so you can understand why I can say that.

:soapbox: :rant: Alright, I'm done  :gap:  :lipsrsealed:

Here's a pic of my current cat. He's gonna be 2 this year and his name is Max, or Maximus, or as Marlin likes to call him, "Hub Caps" because he's got white paws at all fours. I got him from the pound when he was 6 months old. He was found by a telephone repair guy and he had terriable kennel cough and was very sick. I took great care of him and he's been one of my best cats ever. :thumbs: Really friendly and really crazy. He'll start spazzing out and just running all over the place by himself sometimes. Really crazy sometimes. And he likes to sleep is really strange positions sometimes
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

oddball

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 1143
  • Male Posts: 952
  • Member since Jan '05
  • Weirdo
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #3 on: Jun 03, 2005, 08:18:21 AM »
how about Pancake? or Roadkill?
2008 Tacoma regular cab, 4.88s, ARBs, crawl box, manual shift FJ case

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #4 on: Jun 03, 2005, 08:38:20 AM »
Dude, why do so many people HATE CATS? I've owned cats my whole life and I love them. I've never had a bad cat; all of my cats have been really cool. They've never torn up furnitire, I've never had to get them declawed, their poo doesn't smell any worse than mine, no one in my family ever complains about 'em.... yadda yadda yadda

I have seen punk cats that are spoiled, won't let you pet them, and I think they should be eaten maybe, but if you're just out driving and you see a cat and decide to kill it, remember that it's someone's pet and someone loves that animal more than you'll ever imagine.

My sister lost her first cat because some jackal drove about 10 feet up onto our grass to finally nail her :rivers: There were four burn-out tire tracks on our grass. They chassed Tiger all the way onto the lawn and then jumped the curb to kill her. I mean come on, what the hell is with that? My sister was only like 6 yrs old or so? That was so sad, and even we didn't really know what death was until then...

Anyhow , I'm used to ppl joking about cats so I can laugh about it, but seriously, you wouldn't want me to just plow over your family dog that you've had for 13 years because he was so old and wouldn't get out of the road, would ya? I love cats equally to dogs so you can understand why I can say that.

:soapbox: :rant: Alright, I'm done :gap: :lipsrsealed:

Here's a pic of my current cat. He's gonna be 2 this year and his name is Max, or Maximus, or as Marlin likes to call him, "Hub Caps" because he's got white paws at all fours. I got him from the pound when he was 6 months old. He was found by a telephone repair guy and he had terriable kennel cough and was very sick. I took great care of him and he's been one of my best cats ever. :thumbs: Really friendly and really crazy. He'll start spazzing out and just running all over the place by himself sometimes. Really crazy sometimes. And he likes to sleep is really strange positions sometimes

I'm sorry BigMike, I didn't mean to offend you.  I am not a cat person cuz I can't stand lazyness and they are the epitome of lazyness.  Also cuz they stink.  We have many cats and now my room reeks cuz one of my mom's cats got in my room and sprayed :tantrum: and where I work they just make messes everywhere they go.  I wake up in the mornin and try to cook breakfasat for my boys and there's cat hair all over the kitchen counter.  I used to like cats, but I've ate one too many cat hairs in my pancakes :smack:

I'm sorry if I offended you.  Truce?  :beerchug:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

donkeykong

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -159
  • Member since Jun '03
  • My truck and a nice trail...that's all I need
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jun 03, 2005, 08:45:04 AM »
I have never been a cat person and I thought the only good use for a cat was in a barn to keep the mice away.  But I would never hurt a cat or any animal on purpose.  Also Deans cat tigger...which I think is part mountian lion cuase he is so big, is actually a cool cat and i dont mind when he hangs out on my lap.

MiniSimp

• Outdoor Enthusiast
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 5,120
  • Member since Jan '05
  • SimpsonBrothers.net
    • View Profile
    • Simpson Brothers Photography
« Reply #6 on: Jun 03, 2005, 08:53:53 AM »
So far I've had:
Worthless
No Name
Spat
Lunch
Useless

gonzo

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 2000
  • Male Posts: 734
  • Member since Jan '05
  • Climb Baby Climb!
    • View Profile
    • My 8E6 runner
« Reply #7 on: Jun 03, 2005, 09:07:55 AM »
how about 

dee o gee

88runner

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 756
  • Member since May '03
  • Click me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jun 03, 2005, 10:16:46 AM »
Me How  :yupyup:
88 4runner v6,
5.29 with 35" tires,
Isuzu Rodeo rear disk brake,
t-case hand brake in near futur
solid axle'd

BUBBA

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 16
  • Male Posts: 1,138
  • Member since Mar '05
  • this sucks
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jun 03, 2005, 10:28:37 AM »
how bout puss
or cat
or call it dog
87 4runner 350 with custom dent package. 
My budget beater

gonzo

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 2000
  • Male Posts: 734
  • Member since Jan '05
  • Climb Baby Climb!
    • View Profile
    • My 8E6 runner
« Reply #10 on: Jun 03, 2005, 10:31:44 AM »
how bout puss
or cat
or call it dog

dee o gee

sloyota

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 251
  • Male Posts: 818
  • Member since Mar '05
  • 1/4TiLTKrawlers.Petaluma,Ca. 707-766-9592
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Jun 03, 2005, 10:43:30 AM »
my neighbor has a cool cat named girl thingy.all be in my backyard and here him calling girl thingy  girl thingy come here,my friends start laughing like crazy.  :rofl2:  sometimes he does it on propuse.
I'm not responsable for my own action's.

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Jun 03, 2005, 10:44:05 AM »

:soapbox: :rant: Alright, I'm done  :gap:  :lipsrsealed:

Cool cat mike :thumbs:

I personally am not a cat person, but nor would I go out of my way to run one over.  I have never hit a cat, and do not intend too.  Different animals for different people I guess, but I just dont care for them.  I get along great with them, but I will probably never own one, unless it is to get rid of mice and snakes on my property.

Blackdiamond, do you have the cat yet?  get the cat that you want first, then once you have it name it.  You may want to name in based on apperance, or activity. :dunno: that has been my experience
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

blackdiamond [OP]

• Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Jun 03, 2005, 10:47:02 AM »
how about

dee o gee

Wouldn't "See Aye Tee" work better in this case?

The story is this: My wife was raised with pets and really wants a dog, but her mean husband (ME) won't let her have a dog until we get a house because I want a BIG dog that lives outside.  I can handle cats indoors, but dogs should stay outside in my opinion.  In any case, we won't be getting about for about 8-10 months as a result of our financial goals/requirements and she can't wait that long for a pet.  I love cats, but I don't have a real need to own one.  Pets are a real pain when you want to leave town and it isn't worth the trouble.

We found a cat online in Seattle that is in foster care that she will inquire about.  All of our friends have cats, and they are super fun so I am excited as well.

The names that I am thinking of are :Hannibal, Pacifier (formally Pacific), Achilles (cats are a pain in the butt), Waldo, Jamaica (honeymoon spot), Hobie (my wife loves sailing) and Pandora.
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

blackdiamond [OP]

• Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Jun 03, 2005, 10:49:32 AM »
I just like the idea of having a few name ideas before hand, it won't get named until he, she or it arrives.  Also unique names are fun to find.

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Jun 03, 2005, 10:54:14 AM »
Indian names are kinda cool, also obvious names can be funny, or something to throw people off.  had friends name their cats Fido, Rex, and Spike :dunno:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

-Ronald Reagan

brainlessfool

• It's not my problem if you can't hear the voices too.
  • Turtle Points: 2730
  • Male Posts: 4,207
  • Member since Jun '02
  • drive fast or the devil may get ya
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #16 on: Jun 03, 2005, 11:10:10 AM »
Dog food? :dunno:  or Felix?
A good day working, that's just sick :reg:

DAWGTOY

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 460
  • Male Posts: 212
  • Member since Jul '04
  • aint too old & broke up to sit down yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Jun 03, 2005, 11:53:41 AM »
we had a blind cat named pb (short for pinball).
cause when it was in the house thats what it looked
like bouncing off everything. for fun we would rearrange
the furniture. :hammerhead:
1983 TOY SHORT PICKUP .35/12.50S EXO CAGE HOMEMADE BED CAMO PAINT, REARS UP FRONT CHEVYS IN THE REAR, 4 WHEEL DISK, CABLE LOCKER REAR, LOCK RITE FRONT, 5.29GEARS FRONT & REAR.BOBBY LONG 30 SPLINES 9500 lb WARN WINCH. DUAL
T CASES WITH 4.7 IN THE REAR. THANKS MARLIN

blackdiamond [OP]

• Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Jun 03, 2005, 12:13:27 PM »
One of the candidates looks similar to BigMikes cat (I think he has a soft spot for cats).  I really like Black & White cats.  The other one is grey.

mudmaster

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 3678
  • Male Posts: 2,845
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #19 on: Jun 03, 2005, 03:50:21 PM »
Mines Homey
Time to go wheelin!

mudmaster

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 3678
  • Male Posts: 2,845
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #20 on: Jun 03, 2005, 03:51:28 PM »
She's 14, got her when she was 6 months
Time to go wheelin!

alyssa2004

• Marlin Crawler
  • I used to Crawl. I still do, but I used to, too.
« Reply #21 on: Jun 03, 2005, 05:26:32 PM »
my kitty is named Jack....we call him Cracker Jack, Jackers, CJ, and Cat. Sometimes we also call him "get out of my way, stupid!" he likes to sit ON your feet. While you're walking.

my other cat Friday. We got her on a Friday...and I guess that name stuck  8) she is a nut, she'll jump on the kitchen window screen and just hang there, staring at you.

rockhound

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 169
  • Male Posts: 817
  • Member since Nov '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Jun 03, 2005, 08:35:19 PM »
My Mom always had cats. Two were Tootsie & Cleopatra.

Our cats' name is Spookie or Fat Ass or Spookage.
Sometimes we call her 'titten or 'tits.

She's about 12 yrs old. Born to my brother-in-laws' cat Helmet or Helmie
« Last Edit: Jun 03, 2005, 08:45:02 PM by rockhound »
How you 'sposed to know what your limitations are, till you exceed them.

www.RunandPlayMotorsports.com

blackdiamond [OP]

• Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Jun 04, 2005, 07:39:32 PM »
Here is a picture of the new Cat (2yrs old) that we got this afternoon.  Her name is currently Patches, but we are thinking about Jade (for her green eyes) or another name that describes her klumsy ways.  She has bonked her head on the inn table multiple times hard enough that it sounds like it should hurt.  She already likes to sit behind the toilet so I put some boxes back there to keep that from becoming a habit.  She is a fan of the bathroom so far as you can see from the pictures.

BUBBA

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 16
  • Male Posts: 1,138
  • Member since Mar '05
  • this sucks
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Jun 04, 2005, 07:46:21 PM »
Hey you could call her sinker
87 4runner 350 with custom dent package. 
My budget beater

blackdiamond [OP]

• Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Jun 04, 2005, 08:31:49 PM »
She also growls on occasion, almost like a dog.  I thought that she was getting ready to spit a hairball the first couple of times, but she did it once when our neighbors came up the outside stairs.  Maybe she is a guard cat.

blackdiamond [OP]

• Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Jun 04, 2005, 10:01:51 PM »
We are thinking that Jade-a-Bonk is the name.  She loves bonking her head on things too much to not have it in her name.

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Jun 05, 2005, 05:08:16 PM »
thunkers :dunno:
bonkers
clonker

:dunno:

-Ronald Reagan

lowgeared

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Male Posts: 556
  • Member since Oct '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Jun 05, 2005, 05:14:26 PM »
We have Gypsey and Daddy's kitty.
Friends help you move.  Real friends help you move bodies.

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 759
  • Male Posts: 13,855
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #29 on: Jun 05, 2005, 05:21:30 PM »
Ok, in the tub, in the sink, but behind the toliet.......     smart kitty. :laugh:
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you