Author Topic: So if I drive down to Marlin..............  (Read 6457 times)

WHITE_TRASH

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 679
  • Member since Feb '03
  • Don't blame me, I didn't vote for this crap.
    • View Profile
Re: So if I drive down to Marlin..............
« Reply #30 on: Jun 10, 2005, 01:44:38 AM »
Marlin runs 5.29's and with tripple over kill he's at 1047:1  Mike is at 510:1 with 5.29's and tripple with 2.28's in both front cases.  Maybe a bit lower than needed eh?  :yupyup:
Full hydro, 186:1 with an auto and 44's what could go wrong??

blackdiamond

• Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,059
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Jun 10, 2005, 07:16:42 AM »
510:1 is nuts and 1047:1 is totally insane, but as the "designer" and the "son-of", I would expect them to run the triple case setup and put us all to shame.

I am dreaming of putting a 2.28:1 in front of my 4.70:1 for a crawl of about 205:1 with my 4.88 gears.  My current 90:1 is perfect in most situations, but I want more gears!
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

Diggertoy

• Marlin Crawler
  • I used to Crawl. I still do, but I used to, too.
« Reply #32 on: Jun 10, 2005, 07:49:33 AM »
so let me get this straight.....Big Mikes gears turns 510 times to one wheel revolution and likewise Marlins gears turn 1047 times to one wheel revolution........they must crawl in the negative forward speed...or in 1st Low, Low, low.......Mike crawls at one revolution per 5 minutes, 10 seconds and Marlin at 10 minutes, 47 seconds.........I'm kidding , but it must be ultra slooooooooooooooooow !!!

So if they put suction cups on their tires , could they crawl up a 90 degree verticle cliff  ?

Explain why their crawl ratios allow them to go futher , than my 98:1   ?

Diggertoy

• Marlin Crawler
« Reply #33 on: Jun 10, 2005, 07:51:52 AM »
isn't at some point redundant ?? How low you can be...or if you could reach 25,000 : 1 it would be better   ?

Diggertoy

• Marlin Crawler
« Reply #34 on: Jun 13, 2005, 10:38:06 PM »
I guess that the truth Hurts !!!!! I finally typed the truth about the customer service attackers who slammed me on the cutomer service site in my posting about returning to Marlin to have them fix something that was overlooked before, and as I suspected, one of them was a forum moderator.....It looks as if they erased the whole posting in fear of the truth getting out about them. I understand your fears that I uncovered, threatened your self esteem, mr. moderator, just keep them to yourself and don't post crap towards people in the future, who didn't ask your opinions !!! You never know who your dealing with !!!

lilbuddy

• Dried Fruit Warrior
  • Turtle Points: -234
  • Male Posts: 5,720
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Hella....
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Jun 13, 2005, 10:50:32 PM »
OK Digger, I understand you are pissed the sping doesnt work as supposed to. Ive read the old post, id be pissed too. But come on, how many T-cases that they have that go to the customer and that one single spring doesnt work. Im sure its not many. It probably should have been checked before, but like CJ or someone said, itd make the T-case worth like 2500 bucks. Its one mistake Marlin and his crew made. GET OVER IT!!! This is getting rediculous and enough is enough. Just get over it, take it in and get fixed. Or better yet just do it yourself. Its one bolt.
Just remember, the mods can just erase this post too. They can erase whatever they want. They can also ban you, me and whoever they want from this website... Mods are a higher power then you
RIP Kyota.... you are the man

GET IT!!!

WHITE_TRASH

• Member since Feb '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Jun 13, 2005, 10:54:05 PM »
Nor will anyone care who is being dealt with.  I didnt do anything to and/or with your thread whatsoever.  I tried to help you and then you turn around and attempt to attack me?  Even after you jumped to the defensive for some reason and tried to piss me off I still explained the procedure to you.  I worked for an hour last night trying to do a great reply for you that had diagrams and pics to help you do the repair yourself and in the end I screwed it up so I just did the simple reply to guide you along.  I guess I was wrong to try and help you?  If so sorry for trying too hard to keep you happy.

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Turtle Points: 2205
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
« Reply #37 on: Jun 14, 2005, 01:49:05 AM »
isn't at some point redundant ?? How low you can be...or if you could reach 25,000 : 1 it would be better ?

Yes, there is definitely a limit, and it is based on what you are using your truck for. Most people find that 100:1 is more than enough, and then they are others who desire to be about twice as low (Ultimate setup), and then their are maybe 1 out of 600 people who go with an Ultimate Overkill (400+:1)..

For the mud and dirt trails, 100:1 is more then great. But if you have very steep climbs, then you will find that 100:1 is a bit to fast. So it all depends on what kind of wheeling you are going to do, and about 99% of our customers start with either a single 4.70:1 set or a dual case, and then they later find that they could do more with lower gearing, and they often upgrade to an Ultimate.

As for Marlin, yes, 1047:1 is ridiculously stupid low, but the reason he does it is because #1 he can, and #2 he can really demonstrate the awesome power of what really low gearing can do. As for me, my reasons are #1 I wanted tripple cases :bling:, and #2 my setup is perfect for showing all of the possible gear ratios to potential customers.

I can show:
Single Stock Case. (47:1)
Dual Stock Cases. (108:1)
Single 4.7 Case. (98:1)
Ultimate (dual case + 4.7) (223:1)
And of course Ultimate Overkill (~400:1) In my case it's 510:1
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

Diggertoy

• Marlin Crawler
« Reply #38 on: Jun 14, 2005, 05:00:53 AM »
Thanks Big Mike , for the explanation

Diggertoy

• Marlin Crawler
« Reply #39 on: Jun 14, 2005, 05:05:58 AM »
I'm done rebashing, about the other subject.......people kept bashing , so I kept responding.

I Guess I should not post opinions on this site.......I obviously thought the Customer Service Site was for actual customers , not just another board for people to abuse.

as far as white trash, I said in the other posts that I wasn;t pissed at you anymore, but that you had originally smoked pole.........I'd appreciate any help you may have.  Just remember this is only a forum , not like going back to prison or anything

WHITE_TRASH

• Member since Feb '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Jun 14, 2005, 01:36:28 PM »
"Just remember this is only a forum "  You may want to keep that in mind yourself instead of getting pissed off.  I have yet to get mad at any of this but if you keep pushing you will be gone its that simple.  I dont get mad about E-drama, thats just fawkin stupid and severely imature.  As far as smoking pole, well sure you can smoke my pole but you'd better at least buy me dinner first. :cool:

Diggertoy

• Marlin Crawler
« Reply #41 on: Jun 14, 2005, 04:57:04 PM »
You drew "first Blood " whitetrash , which Smokes the pole.........You can ban me if you want I could give a ratsass.......It's obvious that this is another lameass site like TOR, Pirate, Yotatech, 4 wheel parts......as far as smoking pole,you are going to be at Marlin bright and early this friday, right !
I'll be there before they open.......so lets see what you got........see I don't play like the rest of the foolios you guys pretend with.......so I'll see ya there......Goof

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Turtle Points: 2205
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
« Reply #42 on: Jun 14, 2005, 05:30:52 PM »
Oh what a fun topic, but its over now.

:thumbdown:

This topic is locked down.
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

WHITE_TRASH

• Member since Feb '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Jun 14, 2005, 05:49:48 PM »
Sorry I wont see you there as I dont work there.  I just try and help those that need it and appearantly I tried to help the wrong person this time.  Hope everything works out for you diggertoy.  I guess you can only help those that help themselves.