Author Topic: Letter writing campaign  (Read 1553 times)

germ

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 349
  • Male Posts: 733
  • Member since Dec '04
  • Work sucks, I'm goin' wheelin
    • View Profile
Letter writing campaign
« on: May 10, 2005, 01:16:12 PM »
I know it a PITA to write these letters, but we've got to do something to let those  :lipsrsealed: elected officials know how we feel about the land closures and restrictions that are being voted on. Unfortunatly its the tree huggers who are showing up at these meetings, and making the most noise. We need to make our voices heard as well.

I've included a .txt file with the addresses and phone numbers for all of the house of representatives that I could find. There is a web site http://www.house.gov/ which also provides e-mail addresses. Some of them won't accept a snail mail letter.

If you can write about a specific land closure bill would be the best, but I would think discussing any land use issue, even telling them how much you appreciate being able to get out and enjoy the forest/desert/beach (whatever) would let them know our feelings. Just make a form letter, and insert the address and send it off. You could also write it in word/wordperfect, and cut and paste it into an email. We've got to do something, this is just  :tantrum:  :maddest: making me mad!

Hope you will all join me in this

Erik :beerchug:
* Regardless of what happens, someone will find a way to take it too seriously.
* 2% rule: Must be 2% smarter than what your working on.
* If you make something even a fool can use, only a fool will use it.
* I've been crapping in the woods longer than lil'buddy has been alive!