Author Topic: New to the Forum  (Read 349 times)

MattG

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Mar '23
  • Crawling Around
    • View Profile
New to the Forum
« on: May 27, 2024, 11:42:38 AM »
New to the Forum here. Been wheeling many years. I have an 86' Turbo Truck with a SAS and Marlin's gears, open diffs and 33" tires. Many fun experiences.

OVRAROK

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 26739
  • Male Posts: 3,522
  • Member since Dec '10
    • View Profile
Re: New to the Forum
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2024, 12:43:32 PM »
 :welcome:
 :turtle3:
Even the most primitive society, has an intimate respect for the insane.

Gnarly4X

• Online Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 5134
  • Male Posts: 4,261
  • Member since Jun '16
  • 4-wheeling vicariously.
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2024, 04:19:44 PM »
.... Been wheeling many years.... open diffs....

:roflsign:

Gnarls. :usa:
1986 XtraCab SR5 22RE 5speed W56B, ~16,000 MI after break-in, DIM (Did It Myself) rebuilt engine - .020" over, engnbldr RV head, OS valves, 261C cam, DT Header. https://imgur.com/oACTHTR

God Bless Our Troops... Especially Our Snipers. The 2nd defends the 1st
MEMBER: WWP, T2T, VFW, NRA, GOA, SAF, Mammoth Nation, C2 Tactical, Hillsdale College, Humane Society of the U.S. - "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used to create them." ~ Albert Einstein

RUGER

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 17628
  • Male Posts: 1,026
  • Member since May '02
  • I love Marlin Crawler!
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2024, 07:53:57 PM »
:welcome: to :turtle:

RUGER
:usa: GOD BLESS AMERICA :usa:

"the hag" 83 toy with 5" all-pro lift, marlin crawler dual case #1011 and marlin hy-steer, 35s, 5.29's, exo cage, yada, yada, yada. she's back in black.

97 F250
84 Grand Waggy
77 Scout II SS
96 Explorer Sport
20 F150

USN SEABEE 2008-2012 :usa:
run with THE PACK 4wdc of los osos
NRA life member

john675

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since May '24
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2024, 12:43:03 AM »
Toyota Corolla's oil cooler is a vital component designed to regulate the temperature of the engine oil, ensuring optimal performance and longevity of the engine. Situated within the engine's cooling system, honda parts now  the oil cooler helps dissipate excess heat generated during operation. By maintaining the oil within the appropriate temperature range, it prevents overheating and potential damage to engine components. This component is particularly crucial in high-performance or heavy-duty applications where the engine operates under increased stress. Regular maintenance and monitoring of the oil cooler are essential to ensure efficient operation and prevent any potential issues that may arise over time.

MattG [OP]

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since Mar '23
  • Crawling Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jun 02, 2024, 12:29:00 PM »
I like watching people's reaction when i work through a section they had to lock up to get through.   :king:

Gnarly4X

• Online Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 5134
  • Male Posts: 4,261
  • Member since Jun '16
  • 4-wheeling vicariously.
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #6 on: Jun 04, 2024, 03:31:45 AM »
After about 20 years of serious 4-wheeling I’ve been on lots of
trails and witnessed lots of vehicles.  I wheeled mostly here is sunny AZ where the rock crawling trails are legendary,
but I’ve been on most of the popular ones in CA, NM, and UT.

The last Moab trip we witnessed an early Toy pickup, running in a different group, that was
clearly opened axle.  He was thrashing so hard on a little ledge climb that the locked-up
vehicles just drove right up without spinning a tire, that we thought he was going to break
something any second.  That was at the beginning of Pritchet Canyon. There’s no way he
went through Pritchet Canyon with that vehicle under its own power.

I don’t know what “sections” you wheel on but I believe that even with my 1985 shortbed,
set up and modified for very serious wheeling there were trails that I struggled to get
through without some thrashing and bashing.

There is no way an opened diff early Toyota pickup is going to go over the common trails
that I’ve seen, and I don’t care if Ivan Stewart himself were driving.

When I first bought my 1985 shortbed, I took it out on a very rutted dirt road, I had just
bought it and was curious how it would handle without power steering. In 4-wheel drive I
didn’t go more than about 30 minutes and a quarter of a mile and I went home and started
planning the modification process to make it a serious rock crawler.

So MattG… I would guess that the “reaction” by guys I wheeled with for over 20 years would be different.

Gnarls. :usa:
1986 XtraCab SR5 22RE 5speed W56B, ~16,000 MI after break-in, DIM (Did It Myself) rebuilt engine - .020" over, engnbldr RV head, OS valves, 261C cam, DT Header. https://imgur.com/oACTHTR

God Bless Our Troops... Especially Our Snipers. The 2nd defends the 1st
MEMBER: WWP, T2T, VFW, NRA, GOA, SAF, Mammoth Nation, C2 Tactical, Hillsdale College, Humane Society of the U.S. - "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used to create them." ~ Albert Einstein