Author Topic: finally posting, been at my 4runner for 21 years now.  (Read 799 times)

jorras

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 3
  • Member since Jul '20
  • Keeping the Yota rubberside down.
    • View Profile
finally posting, been at my 4runner for 21 years now.
« on: Mar 22, 2021, 04:09:24 PM »
After having the 87 IFS 4Runner since 1999, having done two lifts and one Downey long travel IFS; isolation last year kicked me into gear on finally building the solid axle i have had laying around and doing a SAS kit and leaf springs that had been ordered in 2018, then added the rear disc conversion to go with the transfer case park brake i did a decade ago, so why not add the second reducer case i  had sitting around since the park brake and 4.7 marlin gears were ordered, fun to locate gears for that combo.  :beerchug:

To say the least i have been in the forums and ordering lots of parts the last year.

In february, I was talked into taking the rig out to moab for its virgin run and shake it down there. Luckily only a few things came loose but it survived. Now i have to tear back down the dual reducer to clearance the shift rail even more than i did the first time, it bumps out of the combination of low in the front reducer and high in the rear to neutral on decel in third gear in the transmission.  :dunno:

But it snowed again today here in arizona so working in the unheated garage may wait a few more days.

'87 4Runner now SAS
'03 4Runner stock
'68 Landcruiser, rebuilt the motor 20 years ago and its been sitting
'67 Chevy C10 stock and all original longbed, due to be the tow vehicle

jorras [OP]

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 3
  • Member since Jul '20
  • Keeping the Yota rubberside down.
    • View Profile
As for going forward, have plans to redo all the fiberglass on the hardtop, AZ sun has done a number on that. Trying to find the seals for the slider windows, one was busted out and the replacement i was able to find will not allow me to close the window from gasket shrinkage.

electronics and fusing and second battery going into the side panel area down the passenger side, remote air tank for the ARB air compressor, more lighting front and sides, fabricate back bumper to be able to tow and have great clearance, likely a turbo to run a few pounds of boost for high altitude driving and low gears climbing, might do a snorkel, more switch installs in the cab with 3d printed mounts. rear tail gate is getting a cutting board conversion, interior lighting upgrades. and i am sure more to come
'87 4Runner now SAS
'03 4Runner stock
'68 Landcruiser, rebuilt the motor 20 years ago and its been sitting
'67 Chevy C10 stock and all original longbed, due to be the tow vehicle

toe

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -60
  • Male Posts: 1,693
  • Member since Dec '09
    • View Profile
Me

RUGER

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 17404
  • Male Posts: 1,021
  • Member since May '02
  • I love Marlin Crawler!
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
 :welcome: to :turtle: from flagstaff.

RUGER :usa:
:usa: GOD BLESS AMERICA :usa:

"the hag" 83 toy with 5" all-pro lift, marlin crawler dual case #1011 and marlin hy-steer, 35s, 5.29's, exo cage, yada, yada, yada. she's back in black.

97 F250
84 Grand Waggy
77 Scout II SS
96 Explorer Sport
20 F150

USN SEABEE 2008-2012 :usa:
run with THE PACK 4wdc of los osos
NRA life member

OVRAROK

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 26762
  • Male Posts: 3,520
  • Member since Dec '10
    • View Profile
Even the most primitive society, has an intimate respect for the insane.