Author Topic: SOLD 1983 4x4 shortbed 3.4 swap. TONS of quality, Project Northern Ca.  (Read 5026 times)

Pat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 786
  • Male Posts: 944
  • Member since Jun '02
  • Oroville, Ca
    • View Profile

Sold

hate to do it folks but I am not finishing my latest project.  I had a health issue come up earlier in the year and am not going to finish it appears. 

1983 Toyota shortbed 4x4 5 speed.  151,000 original miles.  Bought from 3rd owner, Originally out of Auburn Ca.    Killer Trailrig with TONS and TONS of high quality parts.
Truck needs the motor swap completed.  I have everything to do the swap. Motor, harness, mounts, radiator, Exhaust, CAT, computer, etc...  All parts on this truck are new.  Top notch stuff no expense spared when doing it.  Due to some health issues I have decided to sell as a complete project.  Honestly 98% of everything you need is there to complete.
Body is very straight,  Was going to paint factory original color once motor swap was done., but a great straight truck.  This is a SR5 and has the tach and extra gauges.
Also come with factory NEW Toyota DASH PAD.  The complete factory dash pad.  Matching brown color.

Front axle
4.88 HP third with Yukon gears and spartan locker.  All new Third built by Core west/  New  3 pattern driveshaft flange
RCV 30 spline Axles and Birfs with RCV chromoly hub gears  New
Allpro High steer,  Chromoly one piece arms,   NEW  8/19
Marlin crawler Knuckle reseal kit.. Felts, rubbers, gaskets, Wheel bearing seals, Eco Seal inner axle seals 9/19
NEW Aisin Locking hubs  NEW 9/19
Repacked wheel bearing 9/19
Stainless steel extended brake lines new 9/19

Transmission
Marlin crawler built r151f transmission (turbo tranny).  First install  after being built 8/19
Marlin Crawler short throw shifter.  New 8/19
New shifter bushings 8/19
New ECO seal transmission output seal

Transfer cases
NEW Marlin crawler MC08 23 spline Dual case adapter    new 8/19
23 spline input in front case to mount up to R151f transmission
New Marlin crawler  4.7  23 spline total spline HD gears in rear case  new 8/19
New 3 pattern transfer case flanges new 8/19
Front range off-road transfer case crossmember and skid plate. New 8/19
Front range off road Twin stick shifter for rear case.  New 8/19
Also comes with Trailgear dual transfercase crossmember.  Was going to convert to this style during moto swap for more protection.
HD detent springs on shifters new 8/19

Drive shafts
Custom heavy tube(2 ¾” OD .156” wall thickness ) CV drivelines front and rear.  Front is a Long spline using Japanese built Toyota style long spline 10” longspline with factory Toyota joint      8/19

Rear Axle
stock 83 toyota rear axle housing modified to accept elocker. Modification done by me. New Studs used 8/19
Elocker third Built by ZUK.  4.88 New nitro gears and KOYO bears 29 spline pinion,  8/19
Extended stainless brake line 8/19
6* solid steel shims used to correct pinion angle for no vibes  8/19
12volt guy elocker wiring harness and switch panel  8/19

Rear suspension
63” chevy’s  7/19
New Rancho RS9000 10” travel shocks mounted in a / \ pattern  7/19
Low range offroad front hangers welded to frame   7/19
Ruff stuff rear spring mounts and shackle/hardware   7/19

Front suspension
Procomp 3” springs  8/19 currently on truck
Brand new Custom long travel ALCAN 4” spring new never installed
Ranch RS9000 shocks  8/19
Stock shackles 
All new moog rubber spring bushings.  No squeaky urethane!  8/19

Wheel and Tires
35x12.50x15 BFG KM3 mud terrians.  Bought new from Americas tire 8/19, Not 500 miles on them..
New 15x10 6 lug black steel wheels.  Bought new from 4WP  1/19

3.4 motor swap
 from 95 toyota t100 2wd 5 speed manual with 160,000 original miles.  Truck was side swiped. Bought complete running truck with all computer, cat exhaust and accessories.  Truck ran fantastic.  I personally removed the motor from the running t100 and scrapped the t100 once I had everything I needed.  Perfect donor rig as it has the perfect oil pan configuration and computer being it was a 5 speed for the Ca legal swap.  Also being that it was complete running vehicle there is no worries about things matching. I have the vin and info for the donor rig including pictures to aid with swap questions
Motor completely resealed from pan to valve covers
Valve clearances checked and in spec
NEW timing belt
New water pump
New timing belt idler pully bearings
New flywheel
New Aisin clutch lit with throw-out, Alignment tool etc..
NEW ORS standalone custom 3.4 swap harness.  Custom made by Mike at ORS for this 1983 toyota pickup.  Pretty much all plug and play.  Just a few wires to splice and in ORS instruction on what is needed.
NEW ORS engine mounts for the 3.4 in a 22r vehicle.
NEW ORS power steering line adapter lines
New ORS battery Mount
EFI tank from 89 to 95 SB Toyota 2wd pickup. Direct bolt in tank and perfect for feeding the 3.4
NEW Northwest offroad Crossover pipe for proper exhaust dump side with early truck, Ceramic coated and has flex joint between sides.
New Aluminum High Capacity Radiator

Steering Box 
Crossover steering box installed 8/19
Trailgear box mount kit.  Welded to frame.  Mounted as far forward as possible without cutting cure support

There is more I am sure I am forgetting. But if you have the ability in a very short time you could have a awesome CA smog legal first gen pickup.  With tons of top notch parts.

There are thousands upon thousands of dollars here in parts. Just spend a few minutes adding up what things cost and what you have here with the holy grail parts included.  This is not a bunch of junk yard scrap parts thrown together..

I will take $8500 as a complete package. Not parting out,  If I ever decide to go that route I will get more than that in parts. easy.  I will consider trades for a Stock low miles IFS Tacoma to keep me in the mountains tooling around.

I have many many more pictures I can provide. On page 2 of this thread are a few pics of project but not much  https://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=103248.0

« Last Edit: Dec 16, 2020, 02:37:07 PM by Pat »
Sharing time between Northern Ca and Western Tn..

Pat [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Jun '02
  • Oroville, Ca
    • View Profile
Motor before coming out of t100

Zuk built 4.88 elocker third..

Pat [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Jun '02
  • Oroville, Ca
    • View Profile
Fresh allpro high steer.

Pat [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Jun '02
  • Oroville, Ca
    • View Profile
New RCV's going in during front axle rebuild..

Kawivannoy

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Feb '19
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
I am located in Reno and have a 1995 4runner on the forum for sale. Interested in trading?

Pat [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Jun '02
  • Oroville, Ca
    • View Profile
I am located in Reno and have a 1995 4runner on the forum for sale. Interested in trading?

No, thank you.

GTA85

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since Sep '20
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Hi this is Gerald Alexander,
I saw your 1983 Toyota truck for sale on marlincrawler.com.  I am definitely interested in purchasing it.
Will you please text or email me with contact information so we can make arrangements on purchasing it.
Thank you,
Gerald Alexander
Contact information -
Ph 760-549-9964
email address: whitetrucktoy85@yahoo.com
Hopefully I hear from you soon.
Thanks again,
Gerald

Lfran78

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since Dec '20
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Hi this is Linda, I am Gerald’s wife, he sent you a note about purchasing your truck on marlin board thru moderator I got a respond that the post “seems a little suspect”?  I do not know what they told you but my husband Gerald is definitely wanting to purchase your truck if the misunderstanding about the 3.4 engine my husband knows that from your ad you were in the process of installing it.  It does not matter if it is not complete he wants to buy your truck, the reason is because all the love and care you have put into it I am contacting you because Gerald has an account with Marlin but he is having issues resetting his password so I set up an account to contact you.  Will you please contact Gerald information:
Phone Number:  760-549-9964
email address:    whitetrucktoy85@yahoo.com

My contact information:
Phone number:  760-549-9021
email address:   tuxedokitty21@yahoo.com

I apologize for notifying you so late but my husband really liked your truck and definitely will purchase it.  Hopefully we hear from you soon to make arrangements to buy.
Thank you,
Linda and Gerald

Lfran78

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since Dec '20
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Hi this is Linda,
Interested in purchasing your truck please contact me by text or phone call 760-549-9021.
Thank you

Lfran78

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since Dec '20
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Hi this is Linda,
This is for real my husband really wants to buy your truck please notify me with contact information to proceed with purchase (can you please notify me directly having a hard time contacting you they Marlin forum). Thank you your response will greatly be appreciated.
Linda
ph number:760-549-9021
email address:  tuedokitty21@yahoo.com

Pat [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Jun '02
  • Oroville, Ca
    • View Profile
Tried the phone number and it went straight to voice-mail.  No name or voice on the other end.  Send me a pm here if actually interested..
« Last Edit: Dec 13, 2020, 02:12:56 PM by Pat »

Lfran78

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since Dec '20
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Hi this is Linds,
Just wondering if you received any of my messages regarding husband purchasing your truck, I do not know if you are getting my messages? Please respond even if truck is no longer for sale. I apologize for any inconvenience I have caused you but my Husband really wants to buy it, it is not a joke it is for real.
Thank you
Linda
Contact information:
phone number:  +1(760)549-9021
email address :   tuxedokitty21@yahoo.com

Thanks again

Pat [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Jun '02
  • Oroville, Ca
    • View Profile
Sold..  thanks Gerald!!