All in all the truggy did awesome. It climbed all the technical sections and worked its way through the trails with little interference from me. It pretty much just creeped its way along. The buggies could go much faster between the obstacles than I could, but I never really slowed them down as it was just making continual and steady progress.
After the climb out of Patriot they wanted to drop in and run it backwards. I opted to ride in the XJ based buggy as I didn't feel a need to just bash the Yota like that after such a win. We then pulled back around to grab it, had lunch, and then dropped back into Indy so we could go out Liberty. The trip was great and the little Yota impressed all. Not to say it didn't make it out completely unscathed. The second time down Bunker Hill I was too far left and scraped the cab a little. I also got some rash on the bumper corners, my flat bed, sliders, and even a little bit on the driver side fiberglass fender. Oh yeah, and somehow I still managed to bang the tiny front diff on a rock despite having about a mile under it with 40's. Overall though it was awesome and just an overall fun trip.
The truggy definitely proved itself and I was able to identify a few things I wanted to fix/address. The first thing was brakes. It has vented front rotors and a V6 master, but still the 12+8 front calipers and drums out back. I literally could not stall it out in double low dropping down the bigger rocks. As such I have ordered new rotors for the front (worn anyway), 12W V6 front calipers w/ pads, an FJ master cylinder, TG budget rear disc conversion, and stock solid axle front pads/rotors/calipers for the rear.
The other thing was axle width and steering, or lack there of. The steering stops on this thing are extended out over 5/8" over what my buddie's stock 83 has, probably to keep things from rubbing. It also came with 3" spacers on each side up front. Even with 4.5" BS wheels this makes for some cruddy steering angles. As such I've got a TG +5 housing on the way that'll keep my width where its at but let me lose the spacers. I'm hoping this lets me adjust the stops in significantly and helps in the turning radius department. I do also have a set of 1.5" spacers for the front that will help push it out to 64"+ WMS for a little extra stability. To round out the front axle I'm replacing my Marlin Crawler high steer arms with FROR keyed ones that have the larger pins, 25mm bearings, and beefed up bottom caps. I'm also replacing all of the knuckle and hub studs with ARP's. So now its torn back apart in the garage as I await parts and hopefully a trip out to Moab at the end of the month as well as hitting BV Carnage when my buddy gets back from his deployment.