Author Topic: US District Court Grants Preliminary Injunction Blocking California’s Ammo Backg  (Read 1836 times)

emsvitil

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 7571
  • Male Posts: 3,561
  • Member since May '07
    • View Profile
    • emsvitil's album
    • Buy me a soda

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/breaking-us-district-court-grants-preliminary-injunction-blocking-californias-ammo-background-check-law/

A big preliminary win for the California Rifle and Pistol Association in its fight against California’s ludicrous [/size]ammunition background check law,[/color][/size] [/color]the case known as [/size]Rhode v. Becerra[/color][/size]. US District Court Judge Roger Benitez — the same District Court judge who set off the week-long [/color][/size]standard capacity magazine buying spree[/color][/size] [/color]— has issued an injunction blocking enforcement of the law.................

Ed
SoCal
86 SR5 XtraCab
22RE  W56B
31x10.50R15

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1088
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Got a few boxes of freedom after work.  Will order a case for yote hunting if my rifle likes it, cause you know what’s coming...
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Snowtoy

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 1403
  • Male Posts: 2,583
  • Member since Sep '03
    • View Profile
Most of the websites that I went to that had already updated their info, were putting CA residents to the front of the line, of course most were already sold out of what I was after, or had some brands I had never heard of.
'90 black X-cab mod'd 3.0, 33's/4.88's, rear ARB, custom bumpers, sliders, safari rack, etc.
'91 Blue X-cab 22re, 35's/5.29's,Truetrac front, ARB rear, dual cases, and custom Safari flatbed, bumper, interior.
The money pit '87 Supra resto/mod

sirdeuce

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 1176
  • Male Posts: 536
  • Member since Sep '06
  • One shot, one kill.
    • View Profile
If the Cali cunts have their way the first 5 amendments will disappear and you'll have to adopt an immigrant sponge or twenty.
Brought to you by the WBC (World Billionaire's Club) because money is a bad thing. Let us carry that burden for you.

Sure it'll fit........ Just needs a little brute finesse.

Sure I believe intelligent life exists on other planets. Other planets, not this one.

Snowtoy

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Sep '03
    • View Profile
We already have been forced to adopt them, we pay for their k-12 education, their college education, their housing, their healthcare, their welfare payments, and now we've set aside 95 million dollars in Wuhan virus economic stimulus payments.  And for that, just like spoiled children, we get absolutely nothing, they get to drive without car insurance, they get to murder citizens and go free, and are told when INS is coming to get them.

Long gone are the days when you could threaten them with calling INS, or call INS when the job was done, so you didn't have to pay them.
'90 black X-cab mod'd 3.0, 33's/4.88's, rear ARB, custom bumpers, sliders, safari rack, etc.
'91 Blue X-cab 22re, 35's/5.29's,Truetrac front, ARB rear, dual cases, and custom Safari flatbed, bumper, interior.

sirdeuce

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Sep '06
  • One shot, one kill.
    • View Profile
I meant you'd have to have them in your home as well.
Brought to you by the WBC (World Billionaire's Club) because money is a bad thing. Let us carry that burden for you.

Sure I believe intelligent life exists on other planets. Other planets, not this one.

Snowtoy

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Sep '03
    • View Profile
Well, as expected that was short lived https://time.com/5827602/california-ammunition-background-check/. hopefully none of you waited.  It is kind of funny that there are a likely a few million shipments of ammo on their way to CA, that CA government can't do a damn thing about.

gnob

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 486
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
Lucky there are groups other than nra, actually doing something about this recent rash of bs.

Save the childrens.....
hold this. . .

Snowtoy

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Sep '03
    • View Profile
Yah one of those sing was an ammo sales company.  Not sure if the stay was on both issues, or just the background check.

Now we have to wait for the 9th to hear it, then Likely SCOTUS.  Fortunately, the excuse to go to go on a leisurely drive to Reno and back, is back in play.

sirdeuce

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Sep '06
  • One shot, one kill.
    • View Profile
Not surprising really, already can't ship some parts into the state.

Snowtoy

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Sep '03
    • View Profile
Nope, though usually you request the stay from the issuing Judge first, not go directly to the Appellate court.