Author Topic: HELP!!! 94' 4runner 5 speed swap (1992 5 speed 4x4 donor car)  (Read 1020 times)

thespwilson

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Apr '20
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Before anyone gives me any crap, yes I have researched, and yes I have done the homework (just joined this forum but I follow yodatech, 4runners, and other forums as well as google)- call, email, DM Instagram, or text me if you're more comfortable with that  @thespwilson. I JUST WANT TO FINISH THIS BUILD ASAP!!!!

My 1994 4x4 auto transmission died so I purchased a donor car 1992 5 speed 4x4. Very straight forward and all the tough components were serviced and completely installed (installed pedal, new clutch master, new slave, ran hard lines, installed new clutch, installed transmission, bolted up bell housing, yada yada yada etc). This took 2 days and now the last parts I am missing are wiring up the transmission, bleeding accordingly, and installing the 5-speed ECU...

I took all the transmission wiring off the donor car and the ECU (the wires to the injectors were all cut up and no clue what is what; I also did not take any interior wiring that could lead to the clutch switch)- I have also gotten rid of the donor car as I already took all I needed off. Do I need to trick my Auto ECU or install the 5-speed ECU. I do not have a clue for creating a neutral safety switch or clutch switch so any support would be helpful.

I cannot find any clear instructions on where to go from here, so please pitch in. The 1992 5 speed uses different connectors and speedo when compared to the 1994 I have and I have ordered a electronic adapter per most of the forums.

Thanks again!

Snowtoy

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 1403
  • Male Posts: 2,583
  • Member since Sep '03
    • View Profile
Since you didn't use the wiring for the clutch to tell the ecu it was engaged or the clutch cancel switch, the best thing to do is just use the '94's ecu and jump the park and neutral terminals on the harness, or leave the neutral safety switch plugged in with the switch in the park/neutral position.
This is the diagram from my '90 FSM, not sure if it is the same for your '94.
'90 black X-cab mod'd 3.0, 33's/4.88's, rear ARB, custom bumpers, sliders, safari rack, etc.
'91 Blue X-cab 22re, 35's/5.29's,Truetrac front, ARB rear, dual cases, and custom Safari flatbed, bumper, interior.
The money pit '87 Supra resto/mod