Author Topic: Scary Stuff  (Read 192257 times)

Gnarly4X

• Online Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 5134
  • Male Posts: 4,216
  • Member since Jun '16
  • 4-wheeling vicariously.
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
Scary Stuff
« on: Mar 14, 2020, 04:43:54 AM »
Corona virus -  :moon:

No toilet paper -  :yikes:

Gnarls.  :spin:

« Last Edit: Mar 14, 2020, 09:05:20 AM by Gnarly4X »
1986 XtraCab SR5 22RE 5speed W56B, ~16,000 MI after break-in, DIM (Did It Myself) rebuilt engine - .020" over, engnbldr RV head, OS valves, 261C cam, DT Header. https://imgur.com/oACTHTR

God Bless Our Troops... Especially Our Snipers. The 2nd defends the 1st
MEMBER: WWP, T2T, VFW, NRA, GOA, SAF, Mammoth Nation, C2 Tactical, Hillsdale College, Humane Society of the U.S. - "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used to create them." ~ Albert Einstein

gnob

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 486
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
Re: Scary Stuff
« Reply #1 on: Mar 14, 2020, 07:20:33 AM »
Stop spreading bs
hold this. . .

86bobbedtoy

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 686
  • Male Posts: 3,938
  • Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Mar 14, 2020, 10:54:19 PM »
still plenty of paper towels tho, I plummed my house to the lateral @ road with 4" abs with 3/4"-1' pipe slope Ill be flushing paper towels if need be

Snowtoy

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 1403
  • Male Posts: 2,583
  • Member since Sep '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Mar 15, 2020, 04:31:06 PM »
Just use your left hand like the rest of the world does.:D
'90 black X-cab mod'd 3.0, 33's/4.88's, rear ARB, custom bumpers, sliders, safari rack, etc.
'91 Blue X-cab 22re, 35's/5.29's,Truetrac front, ARB rear, dual cases, and custom Safari flatbed, bumper, interior.
The money pit '87 Supra resto/mod

Gnarly4X [OP]

• Member since Jun '16
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #4 on: Mar 16, 2020, 02:29:18 AM »
Just use your left hand like the rest of the world does.:D

About four billion people don't use toilet paper. About 70% - 75 % of the world’s population does not use toilet paper.  :yikes:

http://www.toiletpaperhistory.net/toilet-paper-facts/toilet-paper-fun-facts/   :disturbed:

Gnarls.  :smack:
1986 XtraCab SR5 22RE 5speed W56B, ~16,000 MI after break-in, DIM (Did It Myself) rebuilt engine - .020" over, engnbldr RV head, OS valves, 261C cam, DT Header. https://imgur.com/oACTHTR

MEMBER: WWP, T2T, VFW, NRA, GOA, SAF, Mammoth Nation, C2 Tactical, Hillsdale College, Humane Society of the U.S. - "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used to create them." ~ Albert Einstein

Snowtoy

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Sep '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Mar 16, 2020, 03:22:04 PM »
The same population where most of the world's contagious diseases, and viruses originate in.
'90 black X-cab mod'd 3.0, 33's/4.88's, rear ARB, custom bumpers, sliders, safari rack, etc.
'91 Blue X-cab 22re, 35's/5.29's,Truetrac front, ARB rear, dual cases, and custom Safari flatbed, bumper, interior.

Wainiha

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 743
  • Male Posts: 1,170
  • Member since Jan '12
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Mar 18, 2020, 12:48:14 PM »
Get the garden hose out and wash your ass.  Or as some here do jump in the ocean.  Yes no TP,paper towels, hand alcohol washes or dusk masks here(joke ..dust masks...they'll do nothing)
2000 3.4L xtra-cab Tacoma.
Icon C/Os
Marlin 1200lb. clutch
Marlin short shifter
FLOODED...GONE

2005 4.0L xtra-cab Tacoma
King Resi C/Os and Total Chaos UCAs
Waiting on Marlin for the RA60 Short throw shifter...Hint Hint
FLOODED...GONE

2012 4.0L xtra-cab 4x4 Tacoma
Automatic...Don't shoot...
 King resi C/O
and Total Chaos UCAs

^ Who let Wainiha into the mainland?? :yikes: - Big Mike

Snowtoy

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Sep '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Mar 18, 2020, 02:44:33 PM »
Or, just turn your toilet into a bidet, and wash your :moon: before you wash your hand.

Snowtoy

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Sep '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Mar 18, 2020, 02:48:56 PM »
Will have to say, seeing a Dr. buying up all the grinding face shields and safety goggles at Tractor supply, then asking the clerk if that was all they had, was a bit unnerving, almost like this is more like Ebola than just a cold virus.

redneckcustoms13

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 7674
  • Male Posts: 2,513
  • Member since May '15
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #9 on: Mar 19, 2020, 04:54:10 AM »
A bunch of uneducated fools over reacting. I wish those types of people would be the ones this virus infects. They are causing shortages for the less fortunate families. These folks living check to check that can only buy a few groceries a week cant even get eggs or bread right now. Atleast in my area. A few friends and I have been going through our freezers and giving our wild game out to them. Sad times caused by these arrogant fools who think they need 30 boxes of gold fish crackers, 40 packs of hotdogs, 26 packs of Kraft singles, every box of cereal on the shelf... on and on.

Sorry for the miniature rant guys, but this kind of thing really gets under my skin.
83 long bed 2wd sas, 3rz, w56, duals with 4.7 rear, 4.88 elock front, spartan rear, 39.5 iroks
01 double cab hunting truck
06 tacoma street truck

Wainiha

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 743
  • Male Posts: 1,170
  • Member since Jan '12
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Mar 19, 2020, 09:57:23 AM »
Grow a garden, hunt and fish.  Go wheeling and stop worrying.
2000 3.4L xtra-cab Tacoma.
Icon C/Os
Marlin 1200lb. clutch
Marlin short shifter
FLOODED...GONE

2005 4.0L xtra-cab Tacoma
King Resi C/Os and Total Chaos UCAs
Waiting on Marlin for the RA60 Short throw shifter...Hint Hint
FLOODED...GONE

2012 4.0L xtra-cab 4x4 Tacoma
Automatic...Don't shoot...
 King resi C/O
and Total Chaos UCAs

^ Who let Wainiha into the mainland?? :yikes: - Big Mike

RUGER

• Online The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 16393
  • Male Posts: 1,017
  • Member since May '02
  • I love Marlin Crawler!
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #11 on: Mar 19, 2020, 12:28:33 PM »
Grow a garden, hunt and fish.  Go wheeling and stop worrying.

good advice right here.

could you do livestock. we do chickens even in a somewhat residential area.

happy trails
RUGER :usa: :beer: :usa:
:usa: GOD BLESS AMERICA :usa:

"the hag" 83 toy with 5" all-pro lift, marlin crawler dual case #1011 and marlin hy-steer, 35s, 5.29's, exo cage, yada, yada, yada. she's back in black.

97 F250
84 Grand Waggy
77 Scout II SS
96 Explorer Sport
20 F150

USN SEABEE 2008-2012 :usa:
run with THE PACK 4wdc of los osos
NRA life member

Snowtoy

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Sep '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Mar 19, 2020, 02:23:37 PM »
A bunch of uneducated fools over reacting. I wish those types of people would be the ones this virus infects. They are causing shortages for the less fortunate families. These folks living check to check that can only buy a few groceries a week cant even get eggs or bread right now. Atleast in my area. A few friends and I have been going through our freezers and giving our wild game out to them. Sad times caused by these arrogant fools who think they need 30 boxes of gold fish crackers, 40 packs of hotdogs, 26 packs of Kraft singles, every box of cereal on the shelf... on and on.

Sorry for the miniature rant guys, but this kind of thing really gets under my skin.

That is what is weird, what people are buying out seems to not make much sense, but then again neither does the world's reaction to something that has only infected 250k world wide with just 10k in deaths.  They are calling this a global crisis, yet only .00003% of the world's population has been infected, and only .000013% of the world's population has died from it, which is completely insignificant, even the 11k infected in the U.S. and 154 deaths in the is completely insignificant regarding our population.  There is simply no reason for the world to be reacting this way, shutting down borders and economy, unless the world leaders know/have reason to believe that this isn't a natural virus, and fear that it has the capability of actually evolving into something with an Ebola like death rate, 60-90%, and spread as easily as the common cold, if it is exposed to enough human immune systems.  We have never seen the world react this way to any other virus, not SARS, MERS, H1N1, or even Ebola where the last outbreak actually spread beyond Africa.  If there were say 500 million in China infected and 100 million dead due to the spread and impact on the healthcare system, I could understand the reaction we are seeing, but not 10k deaths worldwide.

Gnarly4X [OP]

• Member since Jun '16
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #13 on: Mar 20, 2020, 02:32:30 AM »
I’m not conspiracy theorist, but suppose just for a moment that China’s rulers deliberately spread the Corona Virus with the intent to cause such chaos as to destroy the US economy? :yikes:

Gnarls. :dunno:

redneckcustoms13

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 7674
  • Male Posts: 2,513
  • Member since May '15
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #14 on: Mar 20, 2020, 04:39:08 AM »
Nor am I. But with the science out there today and China overpopulation, who's to say they didnt develop this virus to knock off their old people and spread it around the world...
83 long bed 2wd sas, 3rz, w56, duals with 4.7 rear, 4.88 elock front, spartan rear, 39.5 iroks
01 double cab hunting truck
06 tacoma street truck

OVRAROK

• Online Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 26866
  • Male Posts: 3,501
  • Member since Dec '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Mar 20, 2020, 11:44:20 AM »
Why why why are you guys stock pilling when government are keeping grocery stores open????

Just do your groceries regular amount.

Well I finally lost it!!!!

Was just in Walgreens and I see this dude with cart was FULL to the brim with hand sanitizers, baby wipes, soaps, everything that people need!!
I called him selfish and gave him a low down about the elderly, moms, and other people who need these types of things. I told him he should be ashamed of himself! He said: “Are you done? ‘cause I really need to get back to restocking the shelves now!!”
Even the most primitive society, has an intimate respect for the insane.

sirdeuce

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 1138
  • Male Posts: 534
  • Member since Sep '06
  • One shot, one kill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Mar 20, 2020, 12:20:35 PM »
Nose is running, wipe your butt.
Brought to you by the WBC (World Billionaire's Club) because money is a bad thing. Let us carry that burden for you.

Sure it'll fit........ Just needs a little brute finesse.

Sure I believe intelligent life exists on other planets. Other planets, not this one.

sirdeuce

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Sep '06
  • One shot, one kill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Mar 20, 2020, 12:22:30 PM »
Nor am I. But with the science out there today and China overpopulation, who's to say they didnt develop this virus to knock off their old people and spread it around the world...

Hmmm, maybe a multi-national effort?
Brought to you by the WBC (World Billionaire's Club) because money is a bad thing. Let us carry that burden for you.

Sure I believe intelligent life exists on other planets. Other planets, not this one.

sirdeuce

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Sep '06
  • One shot, one kill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Mar 20, 2020, 12:25:32 PM »
That is what is weird, what people are buying out seems to not make much sense, but then again neither does the world's reaction to something that has only infected 250k world wide with just 10k in deaths.  They are calling this a global crisis, yet only .00003% of the world's population has been infected, and only .000013% of the world's population has died from it, which is completely insignificant, even the 11k infected in the U.S. and 154 deaths in the is completely insignificant regarding our population.  There is simply no reason for the world to be reacting this way, shutting down borders and economy, unless the world leaders know/have reason to believe that this isn't a natural virus, and fear that it has the capability of actually evolving into something with an Ebola like death rate, 60-90%, and spread as easily as the common cold, if it is exposed to enough human immune systems.  We have never seen the world react this way to any other virus, not SARS, MERS, H1N1, or even Ebola where the last outbreak actually spread beyond Africa.  If there were say 500 million in China infected and 100 million dead due to the spread and impact on the healthcare system, I could understand the reaction we are seeing, but not 10k deaths worldwide.

Regular influenza outbreaks have been more deadly.

Gnarly4X [OP]

• Member since Jun '16
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #19 on: Mar 20, 2020, 12:38:53 PM »
Why why why are you guys stock pilling when government are keeping grocery stores open????

Just do your groceries regular amount.

Well I finally lost it!!!!

... “Are you done? ‘cause I really need to get back to restocking the shelves now!!”
  :rofl:

Dang you O!!… you made me spit my Monster all over my monitor!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gnarls.  :gap:

OVRAROK

• Member since Dec '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Mar 20, 2020, 05:44:35 PM »
30 years later.....
September morning 2050: John opened the last package of toilet paper bought by his parents in 2020

Snowtoy

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Sep '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Mar 20, 2020, 09:56:53 PM »
I’m not conspiracy theorist, but suppose just for a moment that China’s rulers deliberately spread the Corona Virus with the intent to cause such chaos as to destroy the US economy? :yikes:

Gnarls. :dunno:

While it might sound like a good idea for China to tank the U.S. economy, doing so would cause China more harm than good, their economy was suffering as it was with just Trump's American first policies, tanking ours now would destroy theirs outright, bringing down the Communist regime.

However, given the poor infection and death rate, I can see why people would think this was manufactured by the ChiComs, like everything else the make, it doesn't work.

Snowtoy

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Sep '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Mar 20, 2020, 10:00:33 PM »
30 years later.....
September morning 2050: John opened the last package of toilet paper bought by his parents in 2020
Due having had eaten a can of baked beans the night before, that they also bought in 2020. :D

Snowtoy

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Sep '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Mar 20, 2020, 10:25:06 PM »

Regular influenza outbreaks have been more deadly.

That is just it, everything else that has come along, that we deal with annually, even with vaccines, the death rate is higher. so what the hell is causing both sides of the political isle to go nucking futs over this?  If they don't believe China's numbers, and believe it is more like 100's of millions infected and 10's of millions died in China, then come out and say such, or if they are seeing this virus get stronger with each generation, and fear it could become as deadly as Ebola, yet spread like a simple cold virus, then tell us, and let the chips fall as they may, if not, then we should be treating this no different than SARS, MERS, or the flu.

sirdeuce

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Sep '06
  • One shot, one kill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Mar 21, 2020, 09:59:05 AM »
yall are a bunch of p u s s i e s :twocents:

Naw, the girl thingies are the ones in panic mode.

OVRAROK

• Member since Dec '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Mar 21, 2020, 01:10:41 PM »

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

sirdeuce

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Sep '06
  • One shot, one kill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Mar 21, 2020, 02:32:53 PM »
Funny thing about being "quarantined" is there are going to be more births next Dec. and Jan. to more than make up for the deaths. Nobody will keep a six foot social distance from their mate when they have all that time and not that much to do.

OVRAROK

• Member since Dec '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Mar 21, 2020, 06:13:19 PM »
*I talked to a man today*

I talked with a man today, an 80+ year old man.  I asked him if there was anything I can get him while this Coronavirus scare was gripping America.

He simply smiled, looked away and said:

"Let me tell you what I need!  I need to believe, at some point, this country my generation fought for... I need to believe this nation we handed safely to our children and their children...

I need to know this generation will quit being a bunch of sissies...that they respect what they've been given...that they've earned what others sacrificed for."

I wasn't sure where the conversation was going or if it was going anywhere at all.  So, I sat there, quietly observing. 

"You know, I was a little boy during WWII.  Those were scary days.   We didn't know if we were going to be speaking English, German or Japanese at the end of the war.  There was no certainty, no guarantees like Americans enjoy today. 

And no home went without sacrifice or loss.  Every house, up and down every street, had someone in harm's way.  Maybe their Daddy was a soldier, maybe their son was a sailor, maybe it was an uncle.  Sometimes it was the whole damn family...fathers, sons, uncles...

Having someone, you love, sent off to war...it wasn't less frightening than it is today.  It was scary as Hell.  If anything, it was more frightening.  We didn't have battle front news.  We didn't have email or cellphones.  You sent them away and you hoped...you prayed.  You may not hear from them for months, if ever.  Sometimes a mother was getting her son's letters the same day Dad was comforting her over their child's death.

And we sacrificed.  You couldn't buy things.  Everything was rationed.  You were only allowed so much milk per month, only so much bread, toilet paper.  EVERYTHING was restricted for the war effort.  And what you weren't using, what you didn't need, things you threw away, they were saved and sorted for the war effort.  My generation was the original recycling movement in America.

And we had viruses back then...serious viruses.  Things like polio, measles, and such.  It was nothing to walk to school and pass a house or two that was quarantined.  We didn't shut down our schools.  We didn't shut down our cities.  We carried on, without masks, without hand sanitizer.  And do you know what?  We persevered.  We overcame.  We didn't attack our President, we came together.  We rallied around the flag for the war.  Thick or thin, we were in it to win.  And we would lose more boys in an hour of combat than we lose in entire wars today."

He slowly looked away again.  Maybe I saw a small tear in the corner of his eye.  Then he continued:

"Today's kids don't know sacrifice. They think a sacrifice is not having coverage on their phone while they freely drive across the country.  Today's kids are selfish and spoiled.  In my generation, we looked out for our elders.  We helped out with single moms who's husbands were either at war or dead from war.  Today's kids rush the store, buying everything they can...no concern for anyone but themselves.  It's shameful the way Americans behave these days.  None of them deserve the sacrifices their granddads made.

So, no I don't need anything.  I appreciate your offer but, I know I've been through worse things than this virus.  But maybe I should be asking you, what can I do to help you?  Do you have enough pop to get through this, enough steak?  Will you be able to survive with 113 channels on your tv?"

I smiled, fighting back a tear of my own...now humbled by a man in his 80's.  All I could do was thank him for the history lesson, leave my number for emergency and leave with my ego firmly tucked in my rear.

I talked to a man today.  A real man.  An American man from an era long gone and forgotten.  We will never understand the sacrifices.  We will never fully earn their sacrifices.  But we should work harder to learn about them..learn from them...to respect them

sirdeuce

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Sep '06
  • One shot, one kill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Mar 21, 2020, 07:02:11 PM »
And some of us were raised by those people. I've watched each generation, including my own, get softer and more selfish and spoiled. The old man you described above saw my generation as you see this generation as this generation will see future generations, it will continue.

I feel sorry for my grandkids, even though I'm sure they will contribute to the problem, society rules.

sirdeuce

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Sep '06
  • One shot, one kill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Mar 21, 2020, 07:04:55 PM »
From the World Health Organization:

Quarantined and observed dogs for effects from the Corona virus. Found there was no effect on the dogs. W.H.O. let the dogs out.