Author Topic: E-Locker actuator motor spur gear available separately?  (Read 1729 times)

Chuck78

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Feb '19
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
E-Locker actuator motor spur gear available separately?
« on: Feb 09, 2020, 01:02:52 PM »
I was wondering if Toyota sells just the spur gear on the end of the E locker actuator motor as a separate part, or if anyone has any source for these gears?

I'm looking at buying an OEM Toyota E-Locker semi locally to retrofit into my housings, but it is missing the entire actuator motor. I'm looking to do a Chilkat cable actuator conversion, but it states that it needs the spur gear that comes off of the OEM actuator motor.

Are there any other options for doing a manual cable conversion, DIY or aftermaket kits, with this gear missing?
I've never had one in my hands, let alone apart in front of me,so I don't know how this will go yet.
« Last Edit: Feb 09, 2020, 01:21:12 PM by Chuck78 »

Chuck78 [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Feb '19
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
I figured there HAS TO BE some E-Locker owners who've had actuator motors that were corroded far beyond rebuild able condition, & whose owners gave up on them or found a junkyard actuator, & had the old actuator assembly laying around & could sell the spur gear to someone like myself who has found an E-Locker third member that someone already robbed the actuator out of!

Chuck78 [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Feb '19
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile

T-Revv

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 722
  • Male Posts: 278
  • Member since Apr '17
  • Crawlin at work, Crawlin on the trails. best life.
    • View Profile
just need the gear, or possibly the gear, shaft and base plate that mounts to the diff, so I could have my own cable actuator.

Doing like a Chilkat conversion?
"I dunno I just woke up from a lil nap, it's a lil dark but you guys silly? I'm still gonna send it."

OVRAROK

• Online Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 26852
  • Male Posts: 3,506
  • Member since Dec '10
    • View Profile
I was wondering if Toyota sells just the spur gear on the end of the E locker actuator motor as a separate part, or if anyone has any source for these gears?

I'm looking at buying an OEM Toyota E-Locker semi locally to retrofit into my housings, but it is missing the entire actuator motor. I'm looking to do a Chilkat cable actuator conversion, but it states that it needs the spur gear that comes off of the OEM actuator motor.

Are there any other options for doing a manual cable conversion, DIY or aftermaket kits, with this gear missing?
I've never had one in my hands, let alone apart in front of me,so I don't know how this will go yet.

Check this place out..
https://www.rushgears.com/services/replacement-parts
Even the most primitive society, has an intimate respect for the insane.