Author Topic: THE FLU SEASON  (Read 4308 times)

Gnarly4X

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 5143
  • Male Posts: 4,210
  • Member since Jun '16
  • 4-wheeling vicariously.
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
THE FLU SEASON
« on: Nov 10, 2019, 10:08:20 AM »

We are entering the peak of the flu season.  :smack:

What, if anything, do you do to prepare for, or prevent, the possibility of catching the flu bug?  :dunno:

It is estimated that over 22,00 people have already died from the flu this year! :yikes:

Gnarls.  :inthedark:

1986 XtraCab SR5 22RE 5speed W56B, ~16,000 MI after break-in, DIM (Did It Myself) rebuilt engine - .020" over, engnbldr RV head, OS valves, 261C cam, DT Header. https://imgur.com/oACTHTR

God Bless Our Troops... Especially Our Snipers. The 2nd defends the 1st
MEMBER: WWP, T2T, VFW, NRA, GOA, SAF, Mammoth Nation, C2 Tactical, Hillsdale College, Humane Society of the U.S. - "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used to create them." ~ Albert Einstein

gnob

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 486
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
Re: THE FLU SEASON
« Reply #1 on: Nov 10, 2019, 06:00:29 PM »
By NOT getting a shot of propaganda juice.
« Last Edit: Nov 11, 2019, 07:18:51 AM by gnob »
hold this. . .

gnob

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Nov 10, 2019, 06:00:55 PM »
Avoid illness by avoiding stress and eating good food.
hold this. . .

emsvitil

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 7571
  • Male Posts: 3,561
  • Member since May '07
    • View Profile
    • emsvitil's album
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #3 on: Nov 10, 2019, 08:38:00 PM »
Stay away from people...………...
Ed
SoCal
86 SR5 XtraCab
22RE  W56B
31x10.50R15

Gnarly4X [OP]

• Member since Jun '16
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #4 on: Nov 11, 2019, 01:44:36 AM »
By NOT getting a sot of propaganda juice.

Hey gnob,

Do you mean NOT get a flu "shot"? 

Or NOT buy some kind of miracle health drink?

Gnarls.
1986 XtraCab SR5 22RE 5speed W56B, ~16,000 MI after break-in, DIM (Did It Myself) rebuilt engine - .020" over, engnbldr RV head, OS valves, 261C cam, DT Header. https://imgur.com/oACTHTR

MEMBER: WWP, T2T, VFW, NRA, GOA, SAF, Mammoth Nation, C2 Tactical, Hillsdale College, Humane Society of the U.S. - "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used to create them." ~ Albert Einstein

gnob

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Nov 11, 2019, 07:20:09 AM »
By not getting a flu shot.
freakin' quit drinking the kool-aid.
Shut off the propaganda machine and think for your self.
hold this. . .

Wainiha

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 743
  • Male Posts: 1,170
  • Member since Jan '12
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Nov 11, 2019, 07:48:10 AM »
not sure if the flu shot is B.S.  But i don't get one.  I haven't been sick in over 20 years.

EAT WELL, STAY OFF THE DRUGS!
2000 3.4L xtra-cab Tacoma.
Icon C/Os
Marlin 1200lb. clutch
Marlin short shifter
FLOODED...GONE

2005 4.0L xtra-cab Tacoma
King Resi C/Os and Total Chaos UCAs
Waiting on Marlin for the RA60 Short throw shifter...Hint Hint
FLOODED...GONE

2012 4.0L xtra-cab 4x4 Tacoma
Automatic...Don't shoot...
 King resi C/O
and Total Chaos UCAs

^ Who let Wainiha into the mainland?? :yikes: - Big Mike

Gnarly4X [OP]

• Member since Jun '16
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #7 on: Nov 11, 2019, 12:40:36 PM »
By not getting a flu shot.
freakin' quit drinking the kool-aid.
Shut off the propaganda machine and think for your self.

I've never had a flu vaccine. :shake:

I DO drink cool-aid. :gap:

I love a good propaganda machine! :thumbs:

I can't think for anyone else. :dunno:

Gnarls. :blah:

Gnarly4X [OP]

• Member since Jun '16
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #8 on: Nov 11, 2019, 12:41:41 PM »
Stay away from people...………...

That's on the top 10 list.  :thumbs:

Gnarls.

warrpath4x4

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 27
  • Male Posts: 30
  • Member since Aug '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Nov 13, 2019, 04:20:41 PM »
my work pays for the flu shot so i go get one usually... if i remember to

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1051
  • Male Posts: 9,755
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Nov 24, 2019, 12:02:51 PM »
I work directly with people and, since a lot of customers seem to like me, I end up shaking a lot of hands, which is one of my least favorite things to do.  Our whole crew was sick yesterday and I know what that potentially means.  If I think I have the potential to get sick I may take something like an old timey pirates blend of oils, but I mostly rely on avoiding processed foods and junk food.  For the several months I almost exclusively ate meat, cheese and butter, I barely got sick, but when I did I kicked it within 1-2 days vs the typical 1-2 weeks
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Gnarly4X [OP]

• Member since Jun '16
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #11 on: Nov 25, 2019, 01:20:40 AM »
I work directly with people and, since a lot of customers seem to like me, I end up shaking a lot of hands, which is one of my least favorite things to do.  Our whole crew was sick yesterday and I know what that potentially means.  If I think I have the potential to get sick I may take something like an old timey pirates blend of oils, but I mostly rely on avoiding processed foods and junk food.  For the several months I almost exclusively ate meat, cheese and butter, I barely got sick, but when I did I kicked it within 1-2 days vs the typical 1-2 weeks

Hi kneedownnate,

I also am in contact with many people during my work hours.  The building I work in houses about 600 employees.

Your comment on your “potential to get sick” from shaking hands, and your choice of diet is interesting.

You may already be aware of this….?

The most likely reason that you “barely got sick”, but “kicked it within 1-2 days” is based upon years of scientific, medical, clinical, and pharmaceutical research in immunology and illnesses caused by viruses and bacteria.

It’s a biological fact that high levels the amino acid L-Lysine in your blood can suppress the replication of viruses and stimulate your immune system.

Your diet of meat and cheese provided a significant level of L-Lysine, along with some vitamins and minerals that support your immune system.

Physical contact with a person carrying a virus can easily be transmitted to another person.  A sneeze or a cough can spray mucus and saliva that are carrying a virus into the air and you inhale it.  Touching your face, nose, or eyes with your hand can introduce a virus into your system.  Viruses can survive from seconds up to 48 hours and generally live longer on hard surfaces (doorknobs, keyboards, cell phones, toothbrushes) than porous ones like fabric or paper. University of Michigan epidemiologist Allison Aiello says viruses live on skin for up to five minutes.

So, washing your hands with soap frequently can help reduce your chances of contracting a bad bug during the holiday season when we are typically in contact with people more frequently.

Since my diet does not include meat and cheese, I supplement my diet with 2000 mg of L-Lysine daily.

https://www.myfooddata.com/articles/high-lysine-foods.php

Gnarls. :thumbs:

« Last Edit: Nov 25, 2019, 01:30:34 AM by Gnarly4X »

sirdeuce

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 1138
  • Male Posts: 534
  • Member since Sep '06
  • One shot, one kill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Dec 04, 2019, 09:37:14 AM »
I've had the flu twice in the last decade. One was from the grand kids, they got it at school. Yes, they're mom and dad believe in vaxxing, but they still get the flu every year. The other time was after I was talked into getting the shot. I was told either get the shot or leave the job. Got the shot and was so sick the next week I couldn't work. Other than that I've been fluless.
Can't say vaccines don't work or don't do any good, there have been some past vax campaigns that have done wonders, polio and small pox come to mind. Some of them were somewhat effective, MMR. A lot of the newer designer, must have inoculations are on a spectrum of hit or miss to ineffective, like the flu vaccine. Still have to weigh the benefits and detriments before making any decisions on any medications. research how the med operates and how it affects body chemistry and function.

Calling a campaign, like the flu vaccine, propaganda is propaganda. Without the proper information it's just hyperbole. Give some view into what the issues are and offer empirical data, not anecdotal rantings. With that said, I have read lots of information on the influenza vaccine and have come to the conclusion I will never again be inoculated. I'll take my chances with the virus.
Brought to you by the WBC (World Billionaire's Club) because money is a bad thing. Let us carry that burden for you.

Sure it'll fit........ Just needs a little brute finesse.

Sure I believe intelligent life exists on other planets. Other planets, not this one.

gnob

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Dec 04, 2019, 10:07:39 AM »
I've had the flu twice in the last decade. One was from the grand kids, they got it at school. Yes, they're mom and dad believe in vaxxing, but they still get the flu every year. The other time was after I was talked into getting the shot. I was told either get the shot or leave the job. Got the shot and was so sick the next week I couldn't work. Other than that I've been fluless.
Can't say vaccines don't work or don't do any good, there have been some past vax campaigns that have done wonders, polio and small pox come to mind. Some of them were somewhat effective, MMR. A lot of the newer designer, must have inoculations are on a spectrum of hit or miss to ineffective, like the flu vaccine. Still have to weigh the benefits and detriments before making any decisions on any medications. research how the med operates and how it affects body chemistry and function.

Calling a campaign, like the flu vaccine, propaganda is propaganda. Without the proper information it's just hyperbole. Give some view into what the issues are and offer empirical data, not anecdotal rantings. With that said, I have read lots of information on the influenza vaccine and have come to the conclusion I will never again be inoculated. I'll take my chances with the virus.

I believe at one point vaccines were added value.  At this juncture in life, i dont trust anyone as far as i can throw them. 
As far as your "real evidence" or "empirical data".  Getting the shot and then getting the flu is enough for me.  "real world" evidence.

Are you getting scared into the flu shot for your dog too?
Media is garbage.  This whole anti vaxxer bs is just garbage from the crooked industry.
American medicine has no interest in curing ANY THING.
hold this. . .

sirdeuce

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Sep '06
  • One shot, one kill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Dec 04, 2019, 12:48:49 PM »
Don't be a nob gnob, read the whole thing, I'm against flu shots. Look into the methodology behind such vaccines and you'll begin to understand. There are so many issues that they use fear and ignorance to corral the masses and push their agendas.
As for the American medical complex curing anything, just no money in that. Now, there is however lots of money in pseudo cures, look into that for a real horror show.

Trust noone, believe nothing as presented.
Brought to you by the WBC (World Billionaire's Club) because money is a bad thing. Let us carry that burden for you.

Sure I believe intelligent life exists on other planets. Other planets, not this one.

Wainiha

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 743
  • Male Posts: 1,170
  • Member since Jan '12
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Dec 04, 2019, 05:55:57 PM »
The money is not in the cure.  It's in the treatment.  It doesn't only apply to the medical.  Fixing your truck, your home....
2000 3.4L xtra-cab Tacoma.
Icon C/Os
Marlin 1200lb. clutch
Marlin short shifter
FLOODED...GONE

2005 4.0L xtra-cab Tacoma
King Resi C/Os and Total Chaos UCAs
Waiting on Marlin for the RA60 Short throw shifter...Hint Hint
FLOODED...GONE

2012 4.0L xtra-cab 4x4 Tacoma
Automatic...Don't shoot...
 King resi C/O
and Total Chaos UCAs

^ Who let Wainiha into the mainland?? :yikes: - Big Mike

Gnarly4X [OP]

• Member since Jun '16
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #16 on: Dec 05, 2019, 03:22:03 AM »
As I mentioned, diet and health care is a very personal choice.

I believe there are basically 3 levels in the health mindedness of the average person.

1 – Those who are ignorant of the facts and truth… need to educate themselves.
2 -  Those who ignore the facts and truth… exposed to reality, but choose to do nothing
3 – Those who accept the facts and truth…. Realize the benefits of doing something about it.

What is always very puzzling to me is knowing a person who is 75 lbs overweight, has high blood pressure, who takes two prescription drugs for it, and sits next to me during lunch and is eating food that contains 2500 mg of sodium… and she knows it.

Or… someone we may all know or know about… the man who is diagnosed with stage 3a lung cancer, which is treatable, yet continues to smoke a pack of cigarettes daily.

Why would anyone grow a 100 pound butt or a 50 pound belly!! 

Most of the causes of major illnesses and diseases, and premature death is preventable. :thumbs:

Gnarls. :blah:

sirdeuce

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Sep '06
  • One shot, one kill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Dec 05, 2019, 09:44:10 AM »
Gnarls, I've said it before and I'll say it again, the most dangerous disease is stupidity. It's an affliction that affects us all, every day. It kills more people  than anything else. Whether it's a personal issue or the idiot behind the wheel or the gun, maybe the selfish c**8 that thinks they're bank account is more important than the rest of the world.

Gnarly4X [OP]

• Member since Jun '16
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #18 on: Dec 05, 2019, 10:46:59 AM »
Gnarls, I've said it before and I'll say it again, the most dangerous disease is stupidity.

I'm not big on vaccines.... BUT... I know a lot of people that should get inoculated when they develop a vaccine for stupidity! :thumbs:

Gnarls :beerchug:
« Last Edit: Dec 05, 2019, 06:06:53 PM by Gnarly4X »

sirdeuce

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Sep '06
  • One shot, one kill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Dec 05, 2019, 02:32:44 PM »
Just make sure to get all your shots before you fly, and take that 10,000 units of vitamin C, with all that recirculated air there's no chance to get off the plane without catching something.

Recirculated air! LOL

Gnarly4X [OP]

• Member since Jun '16
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #20 on: Dec 07, 2019, 05:07:33 AM »
I'm not big on vaccines.... BUT... I know a lot of people that should get inoculated when they develop a vaccine for stupidity! :thumbs:

Gnarls :beerchug:

What I meant by "not big on vaccines" was about the current option for getting a flu shot for the N1H1 and N3H3 viruses.

I've never had a flu shot, and I am hesitant to get one.  BUT... it's probably more my unjustified fear than understanding the facts about the flu vaccine.

I DO believe that there is a list of vaccines that absolutely are critical for protection and health of not just the person getting vaccinated, but for the non-vaccinated people who will contract a potential deadly disease than then spread it.

Here's the list:

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd/vaccines-list.html

The current "No-Vax" children trend by a small faction of PC-idiocy is pure ignorance.

With that said, forcing a parent to vaccinate their child is a civil rights issue and a very controversial public health issue.

There is plenty of research and public information on the risk-benefit data and results.

Gnarls.

« Last Edit: Dec 07, 2019, 05:28:11 AM by Gnarly4X »

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1051
  • Male Posts: 9,755
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Dec 07, 2019, 08:04:44 AM »
As for the American medical complex curing anything, just no money in that. Now, there is however lots of money in pseudo cures, look into that for a real horror show.

Talk with nearly anyone foreigner who's been in the US for any amount of time and they'll usually echo the same thing.  They all seem to say our countrys' medical system is much more monetarily driven than it is driven to cure diseases and sickness. 
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Gnarly4X [OP]

• Member since Jun '16
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #22 on: Dec 08, 2019, 03:18:33 AM »
Talk with nearly anyone foreigner who's been in the US for any amount of time and they'll usually echo the same thing.  They all seem to say our countrys' medical system is much more monetarily driven than it is driven to cure diseases and sickness. 

Sadly, I agree that there is an amoral greed factor to medicine, health care practices, and pharmaceutical marketing.  The corruption and financial support starts with our Federal government. There is too often more profit involved with continuing "research" than finding and selling a "cure".

Gnarls.