Author Topic: manual transfer case swap that maintains factory A.D.D. system  (Read 2438 times)

Northboundtundra

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 31
  • Member since Sep '19
  • Northbound Tundra
    • View Profile
I just swapped an R150F 5spd manual transmission and transfer case into my 2UZFE V8 equipped 2001 Tundra and everything is working great except when I shift into 4wd the A.D.D. system does not engage the front differential.

Has anyone here done a manual transfer case swap and maintained the factory A.D.D. system and 4wd dash indicator lights?

After reviewing the EWD's of the 4wd systems for both a/t and m/t systems, it looks like the m/t 4wd systems just use relays to activate the A.D.D. system while the push button 4wd systems use a 4wd control ECU. I think it's possible to get something in place to make this work like factory but I'm guessing that someone else has already done this so I thought I'd ask before getting too far into it.
2001 A/C Tundra with 2UZFE v8 and R150F 5spd manual transmission swap

- Sales Employee -

KDNICKELS

• Hawk
  • Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 502
  • Member since Apr '19
  • 1998 Toyota 4Runner
    • View Profile
Checking in, have you found a solution for this problem you were having? Please let me know. Thank you!

Northboundtundra [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 31
  • Member since Sep '19
  • Northbound Tundra
    • View Profile
Hi, yeah I did find a solution! I ended up just taking out the 4wd control module and wiring the ADD side of the harness to a momentary dash mounted switch.

A momentary press in one direction engages the ADD system and light an LED to let me know it's engaged. A momentary press in the other direction disengages the ADD and turns off the LED to let me know it's disengaged.

It is pretty awesome awesome having a 5spd manual transmission with a j-shifter in a v-8 1st gent Tundra. I really want to completely remove the ADD system and install manual locking hubs next. I think I broke an inner front axle in the snow last weekend (hence my reason for logging back into the forums and seeing your question) so it might be time to install a locker and install those hubs! :-)
2001 A/C Tundra with 2UZFE v8 and R150F 5spd manual transmission swap