Author Topic: Ninja Gears any good?  (Read 3113 times)

arlindsay1992

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 418
  • Member since Jun '16
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Ninja Gears any good?
« on: May 29, 2019, 07:08:07 AM »
Searched here and Google for opinions and reviews of Marlin's Ninja Gears. Anybody used them and have an opinion? I only found one build thread where a guy mentioned he used them, but had no further words about them.

I'd be using them on an '87 4Runner with 22RE and 4.71 single case on 33's. I drive a lot of highway and like taking it out on some medium difficulty stuff a few times a year. I'm an east coaster so not going to be used much in rocks. Looking for something quiet that will last many many miles of daily driving and not break when I have some fun. Should I just pony up a few extra bucks and buy the Yukon gears?

OVRAROK

• Online Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 26852
  • Male Posts: 3,506
  • Member since Dec '10
    • View Profile
Re: Ninja Gears any good?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2019, 11:15:44 AM »
Searched here and Google for opinions and reviews of Marlin's Ninja Gears. Anybody used them and have an opinion? I only found one build thread where a guy mentioned he used them, but had no further words about them.

I'd be using them on an '87 4Runner with 22RE and 4.71 single case on 33's. I drive a lot of highway and like taking it out on some medium difficulty stuff a few times a year. I'm an east coaster so not going to be used much in rocks. Looking for something quiet that will last many many miles of daily driving and not break when I have some fun. Should I just pony up a few extra bucks and buy the Yukon gears?

Marlin's ninja gears are white box yukons.
Even the most primitive society, has an intimate respect for the insane.

arlindsay1992 [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 418
  • Member since Jun '16
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2019, 11:31:41 AM »
Interesting. That would be good. How do you know they are re-boxed Yukons? Markings or something?

OVRAROK

• Online Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 26852
  • Male Posts: 3,506
  • Member since Dec '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2019, 02:13:48 PM »
Interesting. That would be good. How do you know they are re-boxed Yukons? Markings or something?

I was talking to marlin at the cantina for the con last year.
Even the most primitive society, has an intimate respect for the insane.

T-Revv

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 722
  • Male Posts: 278
  • Member since Apr '17
  • Crawlin at work, Crawlin on the trails. best life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2019, 12:13:32 PM »
Marlin's ninja gears are white box yukons.

I can clear this up.  So Ninja gears are not reboxed Yukon, they are Yukon.  Ninja gears are just the ratios we buy from Yukon enough that they give us a super good deal on them.  We dont even rebox them, we send them out as Yukon.  We can just not list them as Yukon on the website as Yukon sets their prices and we are not allowed to advertise Yukon Gears below a certain price.  So in order to pass the great savings we are getting on those gears to the customers we have to call them "Ninja Gears".  but either one you order (yukon/ ninja), the same box is pulled off the shelf and shipped. 
"I dunno I just woke up from a lil nap, it's a lil dark but you guys silly? I'm still gonna send it."